Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Labor Watch Thread

1. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@SupernovaJ: @JoyfulKiwi: I'm really glad you both gave us the honest rundown! I have a coworker that just had her second med-free birth and told me she was totally unprepared for how fast an intense transition and pushing would be this time around. She said she didn't ask for drugs, but she did tell her doula and boyfriend that she was dying and asked why they weren't helping. I'm just hoping for a long enough early labor to get my toddler where he needs to be and make it to the hospital before things get insane. After that, at least I know I probably won't have time to cave and ask for drugs! Last time I showed up at 8 cm and it was too late for an epidural (which was my plan). This time I'm hoping to get here BEFORE transition. Ha.

But it sounds like the speed of your labors helped you avoid getting drugs! And it's really good to hear that everything went ok and you feel good about it all now. That helps, thanks!

@mrs.shinerbock: I actually work at the hospital where I plan to deliver so I am definitely concerned about whether I'll even have time to go home and meet my husband and come back if I go into labor at work. Getting in and out of parking during business hours is a nightmare! Luckily, the midwives' offices are here, too. Maybe I'll waddle over there and make them tell me what to do!

2. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@SupernovaJ: my experience with transition was almost exactly yours (everyone kept saying "breath through it!") but I'm not trying to freak anyone out! Sorry to any mamas out there who might be spooked! Lo siento

@cvwood: I'm glad I didn't scare you! Taking care of my older son & being with my husband were my main concerns too. I was hesitant to say it was "go time" in case it was a false alarm, but I'm glad I said something early on in the process because it gave us time and it wouldn't have been a big deal if the baby hadnt come, you know? And, yes, a fast transition is definitely helpful for no medication - I didn't even have time to ask for an epidural, although I was thinking it.

3. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

Oh man, so many babies since I last checked in. Congrats to all the Mama's!

These second-time birth stories are kind of freaking me out. At this point I am two days past my due date and my first was a preemie and super quick delivery so I have no idea what to expect.

4. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

These super-fast (albeit, painful) 2nd deliveries are exactly what I'm hoping for. With D, I labored for 27 hours, pushed for 3, and STILL needed vacuum assist to pull him down through the canal! Oh, and then he got stuck in the ring of fire between contractions - YEE-OW! They say you forget the pain of labor, but, ummm....no.

5. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

My too labors progressed pretty similiarly, although my second was an induction, and the first began by my water breaking. Pushing was much quicker the second time (30 minutes, compared to 2 hours and an episiotomy), and I did not have to wait as long to push, because the baby was so low. Both times I progressed very quickly before the epidural, but the epidural really slowed things down. I went from 5 cm (when contractions first became uncomfortable) to 8 cm (when I got my epidural) in 45 minutes.

6. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Maybe by re-posting, someone else will go into labor! Seems like everytime I do that, someone else chimes in with a new baby

Births
    Nov 9: sera_87 (#3) Theodore Hendricks
    Nov 12: lauren0187 (#1) Matilda Jane
    Dec 2: MrsYellowJacket (#1 AND #2!!) Mia & Carolina
    Dec 16 : Gracecat (#2) Laura
    Dec 23: Mermaidri (#1) Declan Lee
    Dec 29 : Worrywart (#2) Harrison Steven; Mrs.Shinerbrock (#2) Lucas; Kimberlybee (#2) Kinley Ly-An
    Jan 4: travellingbee (#2) William (Liam) Hudson
    Jan 4: brady80 (#2) Name TBD
    Jan 6: rsmom (#2) Lincoln
    Jan 8: Queensbee (#2) Grace Evelyn
    January 11: MDF106 (#2)
    Jan 12: Supernovaj (#2) Thomas Atticus; Oliviaoblivia (#3) Aurora; Joyfulkiwi (#2) Clementine

-----------------------------------------------
    Due Dates
    January 4: Karen (#2),
    January 5: lalalove (#2)
    January 8: civicMom15 (#2)
    January 9: smith (#1)
    January 11: pui (#2)
    January 13: Chitownro (#2), Kristinleigh (#1) , swansong (#2)
    January 15: ari123 (#1)
    January 16: nycbee (#2)
    January 19: cvwood (#2), , swoggette (#3) , desertdreams88 (#1)
    January 22: hiker85 (#1), raintreebee (#2)
    January 24: amanda88 (#2)
    January 28: bisous (#2)
    January 31: littlebug (#2)

marym (#1) passed at 24 weeks. RIP

7. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

As for me, just chilling here. Last day of work was yesterday, my mom is arriving today around 5PM from across the country, so..... let's get this show on the road!

@brady80: did you decide on a name yet?

8. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@DesertDreams88: oh, some time off before the baby is nice! I hope you can enjoy it and the baby arrives soon!

9. brady80

kiwi / 589 posts

@DesertDreams88: yes his name is Max

10. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@brady80: Very cute!
    @DesertDreams88: Hoping your baby shows up soon!

11. Ari123

coffee bean / 25 posts

Sigh. My due date came and went, and I am scheduled to be induced on Jan 23rd. I was only 1cm dilated and not effaced at 40 weeks. I have been getting regular mild to medium contractions since yesterday morning, and got a bloody show this am. Hopefully baby will come before I have to be induced!

12. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Best of luck @ari123! My due date is tmrw and I was 90% effaced and 1 cm dilated last week; but NO contractions, nada at my ob appt tmrw we'll be setting an induction date, sooner rather than later I hope.

13. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

It's baby time. Water broke around 730 pm, immediately started intense contractions less than 5 minutes apart. Went from 1 cm to 5 in less than an hour. Got my epidural about an hour ago (thank god, cause I was a raging bitch before it). Now we wait.

14. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@SwanSong: Ahh, good luck!!! Prayers your way for a smooth delivery!

15. Swoggette

cherry / 134 posts

Quick update. Our little girl Piper Elka was born today via csection. Update more later. Congrats mamas who delivered the last couple days and good luck to our soon to delivers

16. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@Swoggette: congratulations!! Would love to read everyone's birth stories.

17. Ari123

coffee bean / 25 posts

@Swoggette: congrats!

18. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

Isaiah William Alan made his appearance at 4:10 this morning, 8 lbs 7.5 ounces, 21 inches.

19. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@SwanSong: Congrats!!!

20. travellingbee

@SwanSong: congrats! He's beautiful!
    @Swoggette: congrats and welcome Piper!

21. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@SwanSong: Yay! Glad it was quick! He's such a handsome little dude.

@Swoggette: I love her name, congrats!

22. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Swoggette: @SwanSong: Congratulations!!!! Love these babies and their names!!

@SwanSong: He's so cute! Those chubby little arms!

23. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@Ari123: @DesertDreams88: good luck at your appointments ladies! The last few weeks are tough, but you're nearly there! I was induced at 41 weeks with my first & it went great.

@SwanSong: @Swoggette: congratulations mamas!! I hope you're all getting some rest!

24. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@SwanSong: @Swoggette: Congrats!

25. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@Swoggette: @SwanSong: Congratulations!

26. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@Swoggette: @SwanSong: Congratulations on your new babes

27. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I'm so, so, so done. Still 90% effaced and 1 cm dilated, no progress from last week. Doctor did a membrane sweep, OUCH! No spotting, cramping, or contractions. We talked about inducing but didn't set a date yet, he wanted to speak to the scheduler at the hospital.

Wore all black for my due date photo bc black is slimming, right? Ha yeah right!

28. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@SwanSong: congrats on your beautiful baby boy! Love his name.

@Swoggette: Congrats! Her name is darling.

@desertdreams88: you look amazing. All belly. Hang in there!!

29. ChitownRo

clementine / 948 posts

Sorry that I have been a delinquent Jan 2016 mama....pretty much from the start. I'll start trying to check in from time to time
    Anyway, Vivienne Selene (Vivi) was born 1/16/16 at 3:16am. 7 lb 9 oz. 20.5 inches. Doing well except she wants to eat like every 1.5 to 2 hours. Sigh.

30. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@ChitownRo: congratulations! I love the name.

31. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@DesertDreams88: you look great and you are in the end-zone! Hang in there and use every day to treat yo self!

@ChitownRo: congratulations! What a sweet name!

32. travellingbee

@DesertDreams88: All belly! Hope baby comes very very soon! I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced at my 40 week appt. with DS1 and they did a sweep and I went into labor that evening.

@ChitownRo: Congrats! Yes, mine has been eating at least that often since birth! My poor boobs are killing me.

33. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@ChitownRo: Congrats! We always loved that name, but I only seem to make boys. I hope she gives you a bit more of a break soon.

Is anyone else on the east coast and starting to get worried about having a snow storm baby? We're supposed to have snow all through Friday and Saturday, and there's a full moon Saturday. So a former L&D nurse that I work with predicted I'll be rolling in Friday at midnight with every other pregnant woman in my city.

34. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@cvwood: My husband is in a FULL PANIC about this snow storm! Last I checked, it's only supposed to hit us on Saturday, with about 10-15" expected total from Saturday morning through Saturday night. We live about a mile off a major highway, so I think we'd be ok to get ourselves to the hospital. He's worried about his parents getting to our house, but they're also not far from a highway, and the road they live on accesses a hospital, so I think they'll be able to get to us with no problem. Worse comes to worse, we call an ambulance and knock on our neighbors' door to watch D for a few hours!

35. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Births
    Nov 9: sera_87 (#3) Theodore Hendricks
    Nov 12: lauren0187 (#1) Matilda Jane
    Dec 2: MrsYellowJacket (#1 AND #2!!) Mia & Carolina
    Dec 16 : Gracecat (#2) Laura
    Dec 23: Mermaidri (#1) Declan Lee
    Dec 29 : Worrywart (#2) Harrison Steven; Mrs.Shinerbrock (#2) Lucas; Kimberlybee (#2) Kinley Ly-An
    Jan 4: travellingbee (#2) William (Liam) Hudson
    Jan 4: brady80 (#2) Max
    Jan 6: rsmom (#2) Lincoln
    Jan 8: Queensbee (#2) Grace Evelyn
    January 11: MDF106 (#2)
    Jan 12: Supernovaj (#2) Thomas Atticus; Oliviaoblivia (#3) Aurora; Joyfulkiwi (#2) Clementine
    Jan 16: Chitownro (#2) Vivienne Selene (Vivi)
    Jan 19: swansong (#2) Isaiah William Alan; swogette (#1) Piper Elka

-----------------------------------------------
    Due Dates
    January 4: Karen (#2),
    January 5: lalalove (#2)
    January 8: civicMom15 (#2)
    January 9: smith (#1)
    January 11: pui (#2)
    January 13: Kristinleigh (#1)
    January 15: ari123 (#1)
    January 16: nycbee (#2)
    January 19: cvwood (#2), , desertdreams88 (#1)
    January 22: hiker85 (#1), raintreebee (#2)
    January 24: amanda88 (#2)
    January 28: bisous (#2)
    January 31: littlebug (#2)

marym (#1) passed at 24 weeks. RIP

@swogette: Is her name Piper Elka (as posted) or Piper Ella? Just not sure, since the K and L keys are pretty close and Elka's a pretty uncommon name but who knows!

36. bisous

persimmon / 1304 posts

Congrats to all the January mamas that delivered so far! I have loved seeing all the posts/pics and new baby names.

I have also been a delinquent Jan mommy. I have been reading but haven't had much time to post...but now I am off work til June (yay!), so hopefully I can be more active!

I delivered DD (my first) at 38+5 and today makes 38+6 for me. I am hanging in there and I think baby is just too comfy!

@cvwood: We are in PA and a tiny bit worried about the storm. If the storm leaves us with 18" or less, I am confident we could make it to the birth center! I just hope it's not more than that. I did go into labor the night of a full moon last time, so I have my suspicions about that!

37. bisous

persimmon / 1304 posts

@DesertDreams88: You look so fabulous for feeling so done! Hang in there!

38. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

Just wanted to share these pix cuz you will note that in Japan they aren't so concerned about SIDS by way of loose terry cloth kimono robes and a big blanket on top! Also the food was amaaaaazing. Here's a pic of my special last meal there. The other meals were not as nice.

39. Ari123

coffee bean / 25 posts

Arthur was born 1/19/16 weighing 9 pounds 1oz, 22.5 inches long

40. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Ari123: Congrats!!! I love the name Arthur! And tall baby!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee