Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Labor Watch Thread

1. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

Hi bees!

Baby boy arrived a few hours ago at 12:37am on January 12, weighing 7lbs 12oz.

Labor was lightening fast. Water broke around 8:45pm. Arrived at the hospital by 11:45pm and baby was born at 12:37am. Total labor time was around 4 hours. He's such an angel. Nursing great and trying to get some shut eye now!

2. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@QueensBee: Yay! Bummer about the tears and the dramatic entrance, but I'm sure you're happy she's here.

3. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@SupernovaJ: wow! Congrats!!

4. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@SupernovaJ: Congratulations! That's great how he is nursing so well already.

5. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@SupernovaJ: congratulations!! Hope you have a good recovery.

6. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

Congrats to all the mamas!

Our little (big!) Girl arrived by RCS this afternoon.
    10lbs.12oz. 21" at 38w4d.

7. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Congratulations!!! I have been stalking here all day for an update 😊 Give her a cuddle from us, hope you get some rest. And omg, you take the baton for the biggest baby!!!

8. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@SupernovaJ: Wow, that is lightening fast! Glad everyone is doing well!!

@oliviaoblivia: Congratulations! I can't believe her size! So happy your RCS went well!

9. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@oliviaoblivia: congrats!!!

10. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@oliviaoblivia: eiiiii!!! Congrats!!! totally lurking for an update!!

11. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@oliviaoblivia: congratulations!!

12. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@SupernovaJ: @oliviaoblivia: congratulations!

13. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@oliviaoblivia: I've been stalking the January threads to see when your newest baby girl was going to arrive! Congratulations! So thrilled for you and can't wait to see your latest beauty!

14. travellingbee

@oliviaoblivia: holy cow! What a big girl!! My goodness! Congrats!

15. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@oliviaoblivia: congrats!

16. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Births
    Nov 9: sera_87 (#3) Theodore Hendricks
    Nov 12: lauren0187 (#1) Matilda Jane
    Dec 2: MrsYellowJacket (#1 AND #2!!) Mia & Carolina
    Dec 16 : Gracecat (#2) Laura
    Dec 23: Mermaidri (#1) Declan Lee
    Dec 29 : Worrywart (#2) Harrison Steven; Mrs.Shinerbrock (#2) Lucas; Kimberlybee (#2) Kinley Ly-An
    Jan 4: travellingbee (#2) William (Liam) Hudson
    Jan 4: brady80 (#2) Name TBD
    Jan 8: Queensbee (#2) Grace Evelyn
    Jan 12: Supernovaj (#2) ; Oliviaoblivia (#3)

-----------------------------------------------
    Due Dates
    January 4: Karen (#2),
    January 5: lalalove (#2)
    January 8: civicMom15 (#2)
    January 9: smith (#1)
    January 10: Mrs.Grapefruit (#1), rsmom (#2)
    January 11: pui (#2)
    January 13: Chitownro (#2), Kristinleigh (#1) , swansong (#2)
    January 15: Joyfulkiwi (#2) , ari123 (#1)
    January 16: nycbee (#2)
    January 17: MDF106 (#2)
    January 19: cvwood (#2), , swoggette (#3) , desertdreams88 (#1)
    January 22: hiker85 (#1), raintreebee (#2)
    January 24: amanda88 (#2)
    January 28: bisous (#2)
    January 31: littlebug (#2)

marym (#1) passed at 24 weeks. RIP

17. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@SupernovaJ & @Oliviaoblivia: congratulations!!! and.... names? If you want to share

And SupernovaJ, I found it funny (and encouraging!) your back-to-back posts of "nothing's happening" and "baby's here!" I hope it will be like that for me.... no Braxton Hicks over here, and trying to prepare myself for being told tmrw that I'm still not dilated...

18. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

congratulations to all the mamas & new babies so far!

Clementine was born yesterday 1/12 @ 1:11pm. I had a quick labor, like @SupernovaJ: About 6 hours total & she was born only 30-40 minutes after arriving at the hospital. We're doing well & trying to sleep.

Good luck to all the waiting mamas. It'll be exciting to see all the new babies!

19. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@oliviaoblivia: congratulations! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

20. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: Congratulations! What a cool name!

21. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: Super quick labor! We have some very eager January babies on this board! And I love the name! Congrats

22. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Congrats! She is beautiful. Hope you are all doing well!!

23. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@joyfulkiwi: love the name and congratulations!

Wow, 3 babies on Jan 12!

Had my 39 appt today and I'm only 1 cm dilated but 90% effaced! Thank goodness, bc I haven't been feeling anything. I definitely got the impression from the doctor that I will hopefully be going into labor, naturally or induced, by the end of next week. Fingers crossed....

24. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

Wow, lots of action since I last checked the board! Congrats to all the new mamas over the past few days!

I have my 37w appointment tomorrow. At 36w I was fingertip dilated and my cervix was still "this big," with the OB's fingers showing about 2.5-3". So whatever that means. The way she said it made me think it means I'm not at all effaced. Since I'm AMA, I get an NST and ultrasound every week from now until delivery. The ultrasound is just to measure fluids, so I don't really get a good look at Babygirl, unfortunately. Feeling incredibly low - I swear I think I drop more and more every day!

I went on a cleaning frenzy around the house today, which I guess might be nesting? I never nested with my first pregnancy. Interestingly, I never nested with him, and he had to be induced at 41w, and still needed to be helped out with vacuum. Maybe the fact that I'm nesting this time is a sign?

25. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

DS2 was born January 11, 8 lb, 7 oz and 20.5". He was born about 8 hoJr's after starting pitocin

26. travellingbee

@mdf106: congrats on your baby boy!!

@littlebug: @DesertDreams88: hope your LOs make their appearance soon!! The waiting at the end is so hard!

27. travellingbee

@mdf106: congrats on your baby boy!!

@littlebug: @DesertDreams88: hope your LOs make their appearance soon!! The waiting att he end is so hard!

28. RsMom

cherry / 233 posts

Lincoln was born by RCS on January 6, 8lbs 7oz and 20.5".

29. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@SupernovaJ: @oliviaoblivia: @JoyfulKiwi: Congratulations

30. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@mdf106: congratulations! Hope you're both doing well.

31. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@mdf106: @RsMom: congratulations!

32. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@DesertDreams88: Isn't that hilarious? There really weren't any sure signs of labor and then sure enough, once it was go time it went so fast. Once I passed 39 weeks I thought for sure I'd go over my due date. His name is Thomas Atticus.

Thanks everyone! Good luck to all the other moms. Such an exciting time.

33. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@SupernovaJ: @JoyfulKiwi: Congrats on your quick deliveries! It was a second for both of you, right? I know you're both super busy, but were your first labors quick, as well? I'm so paranoid about a super fast intense delivery, but my first was 18 hours so I suspect I just need to chill.

@oliviaoblivia: Congrats on your girl! I'm sure you're really relieved that you had a RCS scheduled. Ha.

@mdf106: Enjoy your new tiny person!

34. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@cvwood: Hi! Yes, it was my second labor and delivery. My first labor was very long so I was in denial about a fast second labor even though so many people warned me. With my first, my water broke in the middle of the night and contractions started right away, but they were mild and while they did increase in intensity, they were inconsistent. We tried everything to get labor going naturally. Long story short, I labored a total of 29 hours at the hospital, including 2 hours of pushing. My labor was augmented with pitocin at the 19 hour mark, and then epidural followed at the 25 hour mark. After a short nap I was ready to push which also took so much longer than anticipated.

This labor was the complete opposite. I changed into my hospital gown (just barely) and was transitioning. I walked over to the bed between contractions and started to push and the baby was out within 10 minutes (of course it was a lot more frantic in real life - I don't think any of the midwives were prepared either!). It was pretty horrific at the time because I was so unprepared but looking back at it now, so grateful it was a fast delivery.

Good luck!! You will do great, but be prepared for a very quick labor because you never know!

35. travellingbee

@cvwood: I'd be prepared for pretty quick too. My first labor was 13ish hours, but this one, even with an induction was only 7 from first drip of pitocin to baby.

36. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@cvwood: hi! Yes, this was my 2nd child. My first was a 12 hour induction at 41 weeks, with 4 hours of pushing. I really thought I'd go overdue again, with a chance that she'd come on her own before 41 weeks, but she came 2 days early. My water "broke" (more like a tear, it was just trickling) over night, I had some very mild/irregular contractions from about 7-10am. Around 10:30, they became stronger & closer together. My midwife checked me at 11:30; I was 5cm & still had my water in tact, so we went to the hosptial. The contractions on the way to the hosptial were even stronger. I was barely checked into the hosptial room at 12:30 when my water fully broke & I went into transition. I had maybe 5 or 6 more very strong contractions and I pushed her head out without even knowing that's what was happening. She was born in 3 pushes at 1:11 - only 45 minutes after arriving in the hospital room.
    It could be fast for you as well, I would say just listen to your body. I was nervous that I wouldnt know what to do because my first was induced, but I could tell when labor changed & it was time to head to the hospital. (I had wanted to go to the hosptial at 11:30, but my midwife said to come into her office first. Otherwise we'd have been at the hospital longer). Overall, it was kinda scary in the moment to have her born so "fast" after getting to the hospital, but I'm glad to have had a quick pushing stage.

ETA: yes if you want an epidural, go to the hospital more quickly than you did with your first. There was literally no time for any pain medication for me!

37. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@cvwood: I would be prepared for a fast labor. My first was induced, but even after water breaking and starting pitocin it took 12+ hrs before LO was born. This one was less than 4 hrs from when my water broke to delivery. I was in denial and thought it would take a long time, so I took my time going home and getting things together to go to the hospital (I was out to lunch with a friend when my water broke.) I wish I had gone faster because the epidural had not fully kicked in before it was time to push.

38. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@SupernovaJ: my midwife barely made it to the delivery! I could barely focus on anything & was pushing on instinct. I remember them saying "Midwife is here." and then feeling baby's head emerge and asking if I really just pushed her out. It was surreal. But I'm with you and grateful that it was so quick.

39. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: I feel like our stories might scare the beejesus out of some people! Lol. I agree, if you have zero desire for a med-free birth, do not hesitate to go to the hospital once contractions are pretty regular. Even then there might not be enough time.

I've always wanted a med-free birth and had prepared for this delivery and was hoping to actually have a water birth. Yeah right, they couldn't even fill up the tub. When women are in transition they start begging for an epidural apparently. That was me... I remember screaming for one through the pain and sheer panic of what was going on and knowing for sure I couldn't go on without the pain meds. I was so scared. But then my midwife looked me right in the eye and said there was no time for one, and basically to get it together. At that point I felt so much pressure and the relief of pushing gave me the confidence I needed to push the baby out. It really was so surreal.

Sorry! Don't mean to scare anyone but the second ones really can come out so much faster.

40. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@RsMom: Congratulations!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee