Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Pumuckl: Hi! Welcome! I actually had DD2 in Dec (I was due 1/5) but the Jan group is much more active so I'm staying How is life with 4?!

2. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Slowly but surely the stretches will longer! The past few nights mine was up every 2-3 hours! And yes if you saw all my posts I'm a mess!

3. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm hoping so! Her nursing sessions have been really short during her night wakings, like less than 10 mins, so I'm hoping she drops a waking/feed soon!

4. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Pumuckl: welcome to the January board! Great job nursing twins 🙂 I find nursing one baby takes all my time! You must be constantly hungry making so much milk.

Lo is 8 weeks tomorrow . Still no where near a schedule, although I didn't get my first on a schedule until she could do the 2-3-4, does anyone remember what age that is? Last night she slept 4 hours and up every hour after that. Hoping we can just keep stretching out tha first stretch!!

5. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@snowjewelz: I feel so bad for all the American mums going back to work! I'm still so sleep deprived I don't know how you guys do it. One thing I found helped when I was working with my first was even though I saw her less when I did see her I was super engaged so my quality of time was probably better than it is now being home all day .

6. snowjewelz

@Peasinapod: Ohh 2-3-4! I completely forgot when DD1 went onto that! I guess it's when they can be on 2 naps and can be awake for that long...?

7. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: @snowjewelz: What's the 2-3-4?

DD is 8 weeks and no schedule either, but she has become the ultimate nap fighter. She's only taken 2 very short cat naps today.

8. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: So first nap is 2 hours after wake up; next nap is approx 3 hrs after; bed time is 4 hrs after that. it's def for when they're a little older and on 2 naps. I prob used that and tweaked it till DD1 was like 15 mo and went down to 1 nap! 2-3-4 just get stretched longer and longer as they're awake longer and longer.

9. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Ohhh OK. Well DD would be on that schedule not intentionally if she keeps refusing to nap! Grrrr.

10. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Haha! Don't worry too much! I was so obsessed with DD1's sleep schedule but in the end they do what they wanna do!

11. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

I tried to put her in the pnp 4x and she woke every time. Finally laid down in bed with her and did some side lying nursing and she used my nipple as a pacifier for a good 20 mins and fell asleep. Part of me wanted to nap with her but a bigger part wanted to get a little time to myself so I rolled away and put a pillow on either side of her and turned on white noise. I'm hoping she stays asleep!!

12. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Me too! Fingers crossed! That's how I do bed time... I nurse on one side, then switch to side lying nursing on the other and pray to God she falls asleep quick lol!

13. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Peasinapod: I think my first was on 2-3-4 somewhere around 4-5 months. We have no schedule right now either. She is only 7 weeks old though.

14. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Peasinapod: my first didn't go to 2 naps consistently till almost 8-9 months. Or at least that is when I remember getting her on a schedule with two naps.

How many times are your LO's eating in a day?

I feed her around 6 last night but she still seemed hungry so I gave her some formula. She ate an oz. Then fed at 8, she fell asleep at 845. Then needed the paci like 3 times before finally falling deep asleep at 10. Then she slept till 4:30! I'm sure it was a fluke from shots and Tylenol. But I feel 200x better today.

I did tell DH that I think I want to try formula this weekend, make sure she doesn't react. Then move towards that direction.

15. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Woohoo that is one amazing stretch!

When I BF it's probably more than every 3 hours b/c sometimes she just wants the boob. Currently she is eating roughly every 3 hrs so wake up feed, 3 times when I'm gone, nurse when I get home and nurse to sleep.

16. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Smurfette: I can't even count how often she nurses during the day. I'm bad at knowing cues so I pretty much always give boob... plus she was slow to regain birth weight so I became paranoid.

At night though it's prob 2-3 times on average.

17. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Smurfette: I don't know how many times a day she eats. I usually feed upon waking and then also to sleep. DD is usually up for 2 hours between naps. Her naps are 2-3 hours long. She eats twice overnight, but during one wake-up. I am having trouble putting her back in the crib after she falls asleep nursing. She wakes up immediately.

18. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

I nurse 7, 10, 1, 4, 7. Top up usually 8:30/9pm and then whatever through the night (usually twice). Daytime following the "EASY" schedule from online, lol.

Is anyone dealing with pp bleeding still? B is 10w today. I had pp bleeding pretty much up to 5-6w and then got like a week off and have been bleeding every day since. More than spotting, same amount each day, definitely not period like. I'm on depo provera too, so technically "no period". I'm just frustrated. I would like to not need a pad every.single.moment and have some closure on the pp bleeding, lol.

19. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Argh I just had a whole post written up and the page reloaded!!

@Smurfette: I'm with @Peasinapod: in that I'm bad at reading her cues so my first line of defense when she fusses is to offer the boob. Sometimes she goes 3 hours between feeds (usually if she's taking a good nap), sometimes only an hour. Sometimes she eats and then seems satisfied and doesn't want to latch anymore but 15 mins later she is sucking her hands so I try again. That close together though I count as one feed. Last night she nursed at 9, 1 am, 4 am, 5:45 am, and then this morning at 8 am. But the 4 am feed was super short.

DD didn't stay asleep in the bedroom alone so I came and laid next to her. She's been sleeping over 2 hours now. I didn't get time to myself or time to do anything around the house but I dozed on and off for 90 mins or so. You win some, you lose some...

20. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Does she ever get hungry in between those times? Or act hungry?

I'm no help on bleeding. DD is 8 weeks and mine stopped 4 weeks ago. That's annoying!!

@Mrs. Toad: What does she do in those 2 hours between going back to sleep? Is she fussy, or just awake?

21. Smurfette

She averages 7 times a day/night. I thought that was plenty. I really don't want to wake her at night to eat, so maybe I try feeding 2.5 hrs during the day. I usually do 2 hours in the evenings to tank her up.

@IRunForFun: I'm sorry. I just texted a friend why does she stay asleep when I put her down and need her to wake up? Then when I need her to stay asleep she wakes up?

22. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sunnyday: what do you do if your lo is sleeping during one of the feeding times? I love the idea of a schedule but I feel like I just can't quite work out the details of how to do it!

23. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: Not really! She adheres to everything about that EASY sched pretty well, in terms of awake times and naps. If nap is shorter (often) we find a way to make it through, lots of walking and bouncing, paci, but if she's just not having any of it I will adjust, not very often though.

@Peasinapod: If she sleeps through a feed time, I will feed when she wakes, then again at the scheduled time (versus three hours from the time she starts nursing).

24. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@snowjewelz: Life is busy. The older two are still in FT daycare so it's only the twins (F and J2 ) and me during the day. They still sleep a lot and luckily they do that in their "daybed" in the living room. It gets crazy for about 2h when the older two (B not quite 4 yet and J1 is 2) get home.

@Peasinapod: ha, I pretty much live on chocolate these days.

The twins sleep pretty well already. They go down between 8-9pm (after being fussy 😭) then they eat at around midnight and then again at around 6-7am. We do usually end up transferring J to our bed because he wakes at around 5am but will continue sleeping in my arms.

25. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: I haaaaate when posts get eaten!!

26. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Pumuckl: welcome!!!

27. snowjewelz

@Pumuckl: I have a 2 year old girl too!

28. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: they go 4 hours between feeds. They were put on a four hour schedule at the hospital and we stick to that. They go a little longer at night and often after their first feed in the morning.

29. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@snowjewelz: if I remember correctly your older one is Dec 14, right? J is Jan 15 so I now have 3 January babies.

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

30. snowjewelz

@Pumuckl: So many winter babies! Yep she's Dec '14 and now I got Dec '16!

31. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Pumuckl: I don't think I said welcome yet. So welcome!!

32. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: I really think she is just going to be a slow gainer like her sister. I checked the app and R ate more often and had the same weight gain pattern.

33. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Pumuckl: Welcome!

34. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: totally might be true - J still is a slow gainer. She has the same stats at 2 that B had at 1 year old. Obviously I didn't do anything differently so you never know... J2 seems to follow big brother's lead, he's grown over 2 inches already!

35. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: Well, last night, she woke at 5, ate until 5:30, and I put her down. She started fussing, but I left the room. Sometimes she will put herself to sleep. She didn't last night and I heard her again at 6. I gave her a quick feed and was back in my bed at 6:15. At 6:30, she was loudly fussing and I tried again to nurse and then transfer her to the crib. I gave up at that point and sent DH to walk and rock her to sleep. We ended up bringing her to our bed because we didn't want to wake up DS. They share a room. Overall, I am up about 2 hours from wake-up to asleep.

36. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@sunnyday: I was wondering this as well. DD is 7 weeks tomorrow and I have only had a day or two without bleeding. It is only enough for a pantyliner, but it is annoying.

37. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

8:30 bedtime tonight!!! Let's see how this goes! Earliest intentional bedtime ever. DH and I are going to watch Big Brother from last night!

38. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Have any of you had a plugged duct or mastitis before? Trying to figure out what's going on. When I woke up this morning I had a deep bruised feeling in the side of my left breast up toward the armpit but thought I was just engorged. Nursed on that side and pumped after and it felt a little better but has felt worse again as the day goes on. Tonight I massaged that area in the shower, hand expressed a little, nursed on that side, and took 3 Motrin but it still hurts. It feels maybe a little swollen but not hard and no lumps...no real redness either though it's hard to tell because I've been massaging and rubbing it. Any ideas?

39. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Mrs. Toad: so frustrating!

I don't remember how long things were after my first two. I had the rogue IUD put in after DD1 and who knows when it blew through my uterus, so I've never really considered that experience comparable for #2 and this one!

40. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Nice!! Enjoy!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee