Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@sunnyday: I haven't had bleeding since 4 weeks. I would call my OB about it. Hope the early bedtime goes good.
    @IRunForFun: I got clogged ducts a lot last time. I could always feel it. Massage, massage while nursing, heating pad, it can take days.

2. Smurfette

Bump

3. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Did it feel painful like a bruise kind of?

4. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I just remember it hurt

5. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: I have had 2, one on each side. Clogged ducts hurt, but as long as you get them out, it won't become mastitis. Massage as much as possible, particularly while nursing or pumping.

6. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@sunnyday: It is frustrating. I may call the gynecologist tomorrow. I had an IUD put in at 4 weeks. Good luck with the early bedtime.

7. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: sounds like a clogged duct? Mastitis is the same, but add in the flu-like symptoms, I think? They hurt like hell either way. I hot hot shower and push them out. The pain is so brutal, hope you can push it out soon.

8. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: massage and express milk in a really hot shower worked for me. I pretty much deflated the boob then went and had my lo nurse even more afterwards.

9. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sunnyday: my bleeding stopped around 5 weeks. I have a vague memory of it coming back for a bit with dd1 but I can't remember. I'd maybe call your doctors office. Also, do you mean big brother Canada ? I'm excited to watch with my husband this weekend. Super impressed with your lo's sleep. But I don't think I have enough dedication to get mine on a schedule. I need to be out too much for lo1 so it won't work to do anything other than on the go napping for mornings.

10. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Peasinapod: Yes bbcan!! We are usually not into the first few episodes, but this second one got hilarious near the end, we went from no tv to this and survivor back, were junkies, lol.

I hear you on older LOs and schedule wrecking for the littlest. We've been spoiled this week with DH home and March Break, back to reality next week when we are on the go again and need to keep middle bro occupied, too!

I'm sure I will end up at doctors soon for a kid or two (lol) and will mention then versus make appt for myself. Love my doc, but he's so nonchalant about this stuff, so I can't even be bothered to make an appt for myself for it knowing odd have to haul the two youngest. I have a dentist appt coming and thaaaank goodness DH was there this week and they told him to make sure I don't worry about getting someone fornkids that they'd occupy them, win!!

Obviously up nursing now, I heard her and got up to pee before picking her up and DH woke startled and said "I forgot to hang diapers" and rolled back over asleep, haha...awesome.....guess I'm going to hang dipes once I put her down

11. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Mrs. Toad: 4 weeks pp seems early!! I did some reading and there's a chance (worst case) there's some retained placenta? My bleeding definitely has some tissue/clots and not "just" bleeding, so I wonder. Wonder if it has anything to do with the shock and hemorrhage I had post-delivery?

12. Smurfette

@Mrs. Toad: wow at 4 weeks? I'm getting mine tomorrow, well today since it is 2am, and my doctor won't do it before ten weeks.

13. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@sunnyday: I was bleeding for nearly 8 weeks with my first. So I think it can be normal too.

@IRunForFun: how's your breast doing? If you have lecithin on hand that can help with clogged ducks as well as far as I remember.

@Smurfette: ugh, we still have to figure out what we'll do to prevent further babies from happening 😳😜 We're both not big fans of the potential side effects of permant measures (increase in likelihood for dementia for DH and osteoporosis for me) and I don't handle artificial hormones well so not sure what to do yet.

14. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Boob still hurts like crazy. I thought it was feeling better last night after she nursed and I massaged like crazy and pumped a little more but nope. Think I'm gonna take the electric pump to it this morning. I used a manual and just pumped a bit last night to relieve engorgement.

15. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@IRunForFun: jumping in from February too, but its pretty common for a plugged duct to feel like a bruise once it's cleared. The bruising for me always lasted several days and was plenty painful. Is it red or swollen at all? I always had more luck pumping a clog out but I'd take some ibuprofen and keep massaging the spot.

16. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@IRunForFun: oh no! Messages don't help me but make it worse. But I believe that is just me. What helps is taking the boob when I feed and sort of shaking it while applying minimal pressure where the duct is clogged. So basically just putting my finger where the pain sits and then shaking. Sounds totally stupid but it is what helps me.

17. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@IRunForFun: Hmm, I THINK it's clogged ducts? With Mastitis wouldn't you be getting feverish/chills and stuff? I've had clogged ducts and they were a bear to get rid of! Def hurt a ton and had to massage like crazy through the pain.

@sunnyday: Hope the bleeding is nothing!

@Pumuckl: Yeaah I don't really know what we're doing for birth control either... I might just go back on the mini pill. This baby came early as a surprise since I wasn't on any birth control and was just loosely charting... I might just go the mini pill...

@Peasinapod:
    @sunnyday: Yes DD2 is at the mercy of all our schedules most of the time! I suspect it takes so long at bed time b/c she's over tired but I don't have time to put her down for a cat nap between getting home from work, dinner and trying to catch up with my toddler!

18. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@gilmoregirl: It had some red this morning but I was massaging it all night so I think it was more surface irritation than anything.

@Pumuckl: Haha thanks, just tried that!!

@snowjewelz: Yeah I don't have a fever or anything. I'm a bit achy but I always get achy when I'm tired!

Just put a warm compress on then pumped and massaged like crazy. It maybe feels a little better? Grrrr. Gonna let LO nurse on that side soon.

19. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Re: birth control we don't really have an option unless I want to do the copper IUD because I can't have anything with hormones due to blood clotting disorder. I've heard copper IUD makes periods way worse. We will have to do condoms or NFP. I think I am one and done but we don't want to take permanent measures yet.

20. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I straight out had to like knead it like dough.. Hurt like hell but effective lol!

21. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: One suggestion from the lactation consultant was to use an electric toothbrush. Apparently, the vibration could help release the clot.

22. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Smurfette: I was surprised. I thought I had to wait til 6 weeks, but they scheduled it knowing my delivery date.

23. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@IRunForFun: with mastitis, the redness is supposed to be a streaky wedge shape. Like a pie-slice infection on your boob. That was always true for me when I had it so it sounds like it's just a clog. Still awful though.

24. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try it!!

@gilmoregirl: Yeah it doesn't look like that. Thank you for chiming in!!!

@snowjewelz: Yeah it hurts so bad! Sitting here with a rice pack on it now.

We just had a surprise visit from one of DH's friends and I'm wearing completely ugly mismatching PJs and the house is a disaster. Whoops!!

25. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Ugggh I would hate that! Most of the time my shirt's like half off too!

26. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: I hadn't tried it. hope it helps.

27. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Hehe well thank goodness I hadn't been using @Mrs. Toad: tip of putting the base of an electric toothbrush on my boob at the time!!

28. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: HAHAHA seriously.. The things we do.. Only other moms will get it! This time around I BF with people around... I'm like sorry... Don't look if you're not comfortable!

29. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: Hope everything is okay. I am not bleeding but have had super excessive, thick discharge (tmi and gross alert!) for over a week. Never had it like this before, and I doubt I'm ovulating!

@IRunForFun: Pump Pump Pump! You definitely don't want mastitis--it sucks. I tend to go from clogged duct to 104 fever within hours, so hopefully if it hasn't already it won't progress. Also, why do people think surprise visits are ok???

@Pumuckl: Welcome, can't imagine how you're surviving but I'm impressed!

I am hopeless at catching up over page changes. But, I'm enjoying reading everything! Love how active this group is!

30. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: Me too! I never nursed in front of people last time. I still don't feel comfortable, but no tone for modesty!

31. snowjewelz

@babypugs: Yeah, it's more like I just don't have time to care anymore! I mostly still use a cover in public but if I'm home with people over or in someone's house I'll just two shirt it and try to cover as much as possible

32. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@sunnyday: Hope I'm not cursing myself, but I haven't had any bleeding since Wednesday.

@snowjewelz: @babypugs: I nursed more in public with my first. Partly due to an early October birthday making it easier to get out and about. I don't like winter and cold. I have no modesty when it comes to feeding my child. The biggest change is that I don't hide in my house with my FIL.

33. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: I BF in front of my dad too now! I never did that with DD1. I don't even say anything.. It's prob so awkward to see your own daughter breastfeed but whatever lol!

34. Smurfette

I'm so uncomfortable nursing in public. I had to do it last weekend at the bowling party right after LOs party. It stressed me out.

35. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Smurfette: @snowjewelz: @Mrs. Toad: @babypugs: I became the queen of nursing in public with my first. She was a super high needs baby who wanted to be nursed pretty much 24/7 and refused a cover. So it was that , or. Not go out in public.... she was like that until 22 months! I definitely became more self conscious after 12 months.

This time around S is so easy going and comforted by being held that I now understand how ppl manage to not nurse in public . With my first I was like ' but how do you leave your house?!'

36. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: I probably won't when I go to my parents house. I don't know if my dad and particularly my brother will be able to handle it. I will probably just go into a different room and some people can avoid it while others can join me.

37. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

I haven't nursed in public yet, but I would. I have nursed in front of both my dad and FIL though.

38. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

I just nursed, put a warm compress on, pumped while holding an electric tooth brush base against the sore spot, and now warm compress again. Realllly hoping it helps.

39. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: How do you feel?

40. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

B had a flip out in the car today, on the way home from Home Depot. Like 4 minute car ride. Nothing we could do to console her at home, finally I took her clothes off and my top and tried skin to skin. Just had a three hour nap on me. We both need a bath now, sweaty!!! Poor soul, kinda forgot about skin to skin so it was nice to snuggle.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee