Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2020 moms!

1. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@periwinklebee: I always wanted a sister. I'm thrilled for my girls!

Always a little pang when I think about never being a boy mama BUT these girls are all blessings, and I have two gorgeous nephews to spoil.

@Jessiemuller88: I just feel wobbly.

@pinkb: Thank you beautiful x

2. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

We are going to share the news with the girls tonight (and parents, etc) - got a confetti balloon for them to pop!

3. Eebolleh

cherry / 117 posts

@jaguar: that is so exciting about the reveal! We just bought a T-shirt for my daughter that says “awesome daughters get upgraded to big sisters” or something. I am so excited to see everyone’s reactions.

Sounds like a lot of us are second or third time moms. Have you thought about things you plan on buying for the new baby? Things that you know was a waste of money?

4. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Eebolleh: I love that!

Well, we're all sorted for clothing, haha. I need a cot and bassinet though as ours were worn out after two babies (and nephews) using them. Pram still going strong. I want to get a swing for this bub too. Otherwise... not really thinking much about stuff this time around!

5. Eebolleh

cherry / 117 posts

@jaguar: we have a bassinet, but I’m planning on getting a new crib. It’s so far away, but my daughter sleeps like a champ and I plan to keep her in crib jail until she potty trains overnight.

We will be getting a new bedroom set (crib, mattress, and dresser) and a new white noise machine. I’m thinking I might get another baby camera as well.

I’m hoping I can hold out until Black Friday or Boxing Day to get some sales on our big purchases.

6. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@helloperidot: hahaha! I’m terrified of how big my belly is going to get.

@Eebolleh: we have a small house, so I am going to have to be super intentional with baby gear. I have no idea what I need for twins.

7. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

Well, we have to buy a minivan. 😂 And next year we will need to move as we're in a 2bd apartment and it violates our lease to have more than 4 people in it. Also it's too small but that's kind of obvious.

My first two have a wider age gap, so it was easier to reuse certain things. I saw a really great, lightweight double stroller at Target the other day, so we will probably upgrade to that and sell our other two. I'm going to need some sort of bassinet! My two slept in an RNP and it worked wonders (one had colic, one had reflux). I'm so disappointed in the recall and have no idea what's on the market that can replace it. We consigned our original as we thought we were done having kiddos (whoops).

The only thing that seemed wasteful to me last time was the bottle warmer. We used everything else...but of course since we got rid of tons of things thinking we might be done, we will need to replace it all. 🙀

8. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I'm 13 weeks and have definitely started to pop, but it's at that phase where the baby bump can look huge at some points and just blump at others.

My regular jeans were feeling a bit uncomfortable by the end of the day so I busted out the maternity jeans this morning, but they are all stretched out and falling off I think I'm going to need to try one of the belly band things or do the rubber band trick with the regular pants....

@jaguar: That's gonna be an awesome reveal!!!

@Eebolleh: The only thing I've thought (too much) about is double strollers.... And then we'll need some small, boring things, like new bottle nipples and pump parts. All DS's clothes are hand me downs from a friend, and this girl can wear them too. The other big item we will need is a dresser. I'm hoping to move DS to a floor bed and use his crib for the baby....

9. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@periwinklebee: yes! Mine is the same way, and I have been doing the rubber band trick for a few weeks. It works great with a loose fitting shirt. It definitely has bought me some extra time in my regular pants.

@helloperidot: we live in a 2 bedroom as well, but I think we are going to try to make it work for the first year. I figure the babies can live in our room that long. We own a duplex and rent the upper half of it. Our plan is to take over the whole house after a year. We just don’t want to lose out on the rent yet.

10. Eebolleh

cherry / 117 posts

@Jessiemuller88: omg you life is going to change. Basically think of anything you might need and get two. Maybe you can get two mini cribs. Goodbye $$$!!

@helloperidot: we have our forever home, but my husband is allergic to clutter so we have to be intentional about what we buy as well. We have the vista already set up as a double so we planned ahead there.

We used a small bassinet with no frills and it was fine. She learnt how to sleep flat and transition to crib was easy.

I’ve been thinking about minivans recently as well. I’m not sure if I’m able to get two car seats into my car. I’ll have to make it work though, because a new one is just too expensive. The problem is that my husband is 6’4 and needs alllll the leg room

11. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

12. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Ah, the girls loved the balloon pop. Georgia (the 6yo) did have a bit of a cry later because she really wanted it to be a boy (bless her) but she's excited now! And the little one just wanted to play in the confetti!

13. Eebolleh

cherry / 117 posts

@jaguar: aww! I’m sure even I would have a bit of a sad moment when grasping the idea of never having a boy so that’s totally normal. Thats such a cute idea. Were you cleaning confetti all afternoon?

14. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

After an awful morning of throwing up every time I brushed my teeth, I finally made it to the lab for my NIPT draw. Now the wait begins!

15. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Eebolleh: Surprisingly, it cleaned up easy! It was more like tissue paper.

@helloperidot: You poor thing. Glad you got it done!

16. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: I think there's always a bit of wistfulness for what you won't experience. I have a boy and this one is a girl. I came from a boy-girl family as well - much, much younger sibling and we have never been super close - was always a bit jealous of people who had a sister, so it's a bit sad not to give DS a same sex sibling. But at the same time, so excited for a !

The balloon pop sounds awesome!

17. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@jaguar: so happy for you! Yay! 3 girls!

18. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@jaguar: that’s so sweet! 3 sisters will be so much fun!

@helloperidot: ugh I know the feeling. I struggle to brush my teeth and drinking water also makes me gag these days. I’m waiting for my NIPT too! I’m on day 8, and it’s going sooooo slowly.

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: well, if I'm going 2/2 on pregnancy predictions for you, you're having boy/girl twins.

20. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Sams Mom: that’s what my DS guessed too! We shall see 😜

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Well, I'm actually due early March with what will be a late February c section... But here we go

EDD: March 6, 2020
    How far along: 3 weeks 3 days
    First child? Nope, son is 3y2m
    First doctor appointment: end of July
    Any symptoms so far? Nausea, exhaustion, and random sore boobs.
    Who have you told?: POAS group, husband, friend that was my infertility support (she's finally having her first in September)

22. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Sams Mom: welcome!! I’m so thrilled for you!!

23. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Sams Mom: So exciting!!! Congrats!!!

@Jessiemuller88: Hope the NIPT results come today!!!

How is everyone doing? Nausea and puking continue for me, but I'm getting excited for the next phase of pregnancy. Starting to feel little movements at night when I'm laying in bed, and it's probably my favorite part of pregnancy! Last time I had an anterior placenta and it took forever, this time the placenta is normal and I'm so happy to feel it earlier! Sometimes I don't look pregnant at all, last night I looked at least seven months - even DH was like "Whoa, how did that happen so quickly?" Trying out a new adjustable waist extender for my pants today

24. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

I heard the Jan board is more active so here I am! And I COULD Be due in Jan, I have no idea truly; going to make an appt sometime this week.

EDD: No clue
    How far along: No clue
    First child? 3rd; have 2 DDs, 4.5 and 2.5
    First doctor appointment: Calling this week
    Any symptoms so far? Exhaustion, nausea, back pain
    Who have you told?: A lot of people. Some unintentionally b/c DD1 was happily spilling the beans lol. But I'm cool with that.

25. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@graceandjoy: Congrats!!!! It's a big party here on the Jan board, I'm due Dec but also crashed it

26. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@graceandjoy: welcome to the group!

@periwinklebee: @Sams Mom: NIPT results are in! Low risk all around and

27. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Congratulations! So exciting!

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: woot woot!!!! Congratulations momma!

29. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@graceandjoy: thank you!

@Sams Mom: you are 2/2!

30. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: let's hope Sam isn't 2/2 because he says boy/girl twins for me.

31. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Sams Mom: haha well if he’s anything like his momma, we can start a twin club!

32. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Congrats!!!!!!!

33. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@periwinklebee: thank you! We are really excited!

34. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Sams Mom: Welcome and congratulations!

35. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@periwinklebee: I feel mostly just big and floppy still. Itching for more of a bump.. #3 baby, bring it on!

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and hanging to see baby again. I haven't announced anywhere (even though NIPT was low risk) because I didn't want to jinx things. Sounds silly, I know. Maybe after tomorrow's appt!

36. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@graceandjoy: Welcome hun! You're not sure of your EDD yet? How exciting!

37. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Congratulations on those gorgeous twinnies!

38. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

@periwinklebee: someone asked how I felt the other day and I said I think the technical term is "like week old hot garbage". I went to Motherhood yesterday and bought some Preggie Pops; they help but now I'm almost out! 😯

Never mind that I also bought a swimsuit, two pairs of leggings, and yet another striped tee. 😂😂😂

Waiting very impatiently for NIPT results. I'm on Day 4 and keep hoping for a miracle quick return, but that's probably not going to happen. My oldest is finally feeling better from surgery but now my youngest is being super clingy and refused to sleep from 2-4am. I have a reassurance ultrasound on Wednesday, which I'm looking forward to. I want to see some good growth, bebe!

So nice to see lots of faces here!

39. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@helloperidot: What is a preggie pop? :o

40. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

@jaguar: to be honest they're basically sour Jolly Ranchers, but more expensive. 😂😂😂 The sourness helps a lot. There's also some with B6 in them, but I didn't want to mess with vitamin intake.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee