Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2020 moms!

1. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@helloperidot: Oooh don't have them here but I suddenly WANT them hahaha!

2. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: I didn't tell family or work until around 13 weeks. I had the same feeling. I think it's inevitable after loss, especially if it was later after seeing a hb, etc... I mostly told when I did in case my capricious bump made an appearance...

@helloperidot: "Week old festering garbage" pretty much nails it. Ugh... I could not keep anything down, even liquid, yesterday evening, and now woke up with an icky headache, I think at least in part from dehydration, which is setting off the nausea again.... I hope that you feel better soon. And hurry up NIPT results!

3. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@helloperidot: @periwinklebee: I would say garbage is how I feel too. I’m queasy all day long and have zero energy or motivation to do anything. My weirdest symptom is excessive thirst and a super dry mouth. Anyone else experienced this?

4. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

Also concurring with the "week old garbage" feeling. DH has been really great picking up all the slack. My 4.5 year old is mostly nice and sympathetic, but my 2.5 year old is clingy-er than ever!

Anyone with experience with nursing while pregnant? My 2.5 year old still nurses; I have appt tomorrow and gonna ask OB when I should be hard weaning her. I had been trying to, but totally fell off the wagon.

5. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@graceandjoy: I'm still nursing my 17 month old at wakeup and bedtime, and often before/after naps on weekends. He's completely obsessed. I did for awhile cut out the nursing during the daytime on weekends, but now I'm not worried about it as it hasn't seemed to affect anything. My supply did definitely dwindle, meaning my chest actually shrunk with pregnancy, lol , but I think for my son it's mostly about the comfort and not the nutrition. When we get to third tri I'm going to see if he seems ready to wean, if not I'll have to consider whether tandem nursing could work for us, which is not something I thought I would ever consider I'm sorry you've been feeling like garbage too, yuck...

@Jessiemuller88: Ugh, I don't see how you do it with twins, I"m not sure I would ever be able to manage getting out of bed, given how rough even just one baby is. I feel like there's this cycle where I"m already tired from being pregnant, diclegis makes it worse, and not being able to eat at times just piles onto the exhaustion. I'm sort of discouraged that I've now hit second tri and still puking quite a lot. With DS it got a lot better around the 13 week mark, though didn't totally subside until around 20 weeks. I've read that there is scientific evidence that MS is worse with girls. I really hope it doesn't last all pregnancy Last appointment the doctor offered something stronger than diclegis. I turned it down since I know there is less evidence about whether the other medicines are safe during pregnancy, and it's not so extreme that it is going to harm the health of the baby. But this is really starting to wear me down!

6. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@periwinklebee: Mine is 2.5 so it's really not like there's much left, and totally out of comfort/habit! I've been saying to wean her since she was 2, haha! I guess if it doesn't affect anything, I'll let her be for a while longer...

Ugh, I'm sorry about MS! I've had 2 girls so far and yet I feel like 3rd pregnancy I've been the most sick. But maybe b/c I'm older/more tired...?

7. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

I talked with my midwives about this last time and MS gets worse with each pregnancy, typically. It's because your body knows what to do so it becomes very efficient at ramping up hormone production while building the placenta.

@periwinklebee: I've had two girls and I'm thinking this one is also a girl. I had HG last time and I can tell you by 14 weeks I was feeling almost human again. It wasn't an abrupt turnaround, but it definitely eased once the placenta was fully formed and functioning. Hang in there!

8. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@helloperidot: haha, way to be efficient, body!

I also wonder if my OB will put me in the AMA range, I will be 35 when I give birth. I'd like all the extra tests covered

9. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

@graceandjoy: I was AMA last time because I was 35 when I gave birth (34 at conception). Kaiser covered all the fun tests! It totally doesn't hurt to ask.

10. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@helloperidot: Nice! I hope this will be the case for me!

11. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@periwinklebee: that sounds so rough! I really hope you get some relief soon and start feeling better. I can’t imagine puking all the time. Hugs.

12. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@helloperidot: This totally makes sense. I think my MS may be linked to high HCG levels. With DS, I had an hcg draw and knew exactly how many dpo I was. My hcg was higher than the average betabase level for twins, despite there being only one in there at the ultrasound a couple of days later. Ugh hormones

@graceandjoy: hope they cover all the tests! I'm AMA this time, and it's written prominently across the top of all the test results.

@Jessiemuller88: Thank you

13. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

12 weeks todayyyyyyy! I am SO excited and relieved to be at this point. Saw baby at the ultrasound and she was dancing all over the place, kicking legs and stretching - arms up hiding her face, my heart just about exploded.

Measured 12+2 and still a nice strong heartbeat of 178. I am just like.... is this real? IS THIS REAL? Thinking of announcing before the weekend. I am so over the moon. Just cannot believe that we're here some days.

14. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@jaguar: look at her!! I’m so happy for you.

15. graceandjoy

pear / 1565 posts

@jaguar: So exciting! So happy you officially made it out of 1st trimester!!

16. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: awwwww!!! so exciting!!!!!

17. honey786

grape / 81 posts

@helloperidot: that is so interesting what your midwife told you about MS for next pregnancies. I am totally not as sick this time around! Does that mean I am having a boy?! (First was a girl). Feeling lucky so far with how I feel. Some food aversions, no weird taste in my mouth nor super smelling powers. I am 13 weeks tomorrow.

I hope you feel better soon!

18. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Thanks guys! In a happy little bubble

19. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

My DS is 2, will be 3 in August, and weighs about 32 pounds. Lately, I feel really uncomfortable when I hold him, so I have been avoiding it as much as possible. Today I picked him up and held him on my hip for like 5 minutes, and ever since I feel like I pulled muscles in my stomach. I thought it would get better with rest, but 6 hours later, it still hurts. Anyone experienced this? Is it ok to still carry a toddler while pregnant? I’m so worried!

20. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I've had to reduce lifting Claire (who's nearly 3) for similar reasons. Feels like almost a pulled muscle? I think it's ligaments loosening. Sometimes I get it when I swing out of bed too fast of a morning too. x

21. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I would guess maybe round ligament pain? I think that is really common as you move into second tri. I've felt it some as well. I would listen to your body and avoid picking him up if at all possible if it's not comfortable. I've been told with lifting you won't hurt the baby (babies!) but could easily hurt yourself.

22. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@jaguar: @periwinklebee: thanks ladies. I think you are both right, and that it’s ligament pain. I woke up feeling a bit less sore, so I think I just over did it yesterday. It’s so hard to tell him no when he asks me to hold him

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: that will definitely be a fight in the weeks to come! My son is just over 3 and weighs ~42 lbs. and always wants mom to carry him. 🤦‍♀️ I was put on a 5 lb lifting limit at 20 weeks last time due to placenta previa, and am really hoping that's not the case this time.

24. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Sams Mom: it’s such a hard fight. They just don’t understand... 5 pounds is insane! I wouldn’t even be able to use my stroller. I hope that’s not the case for you either. This is just all so new to me. When I was pregnant with my son, I worked out (lifting weights) until 37 weeks and walked almost 4 miles a day. This time around I’m lucky to get in 5,000 steps. I feel so weak and tired all the time.

25. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Jessiemuller88: It's a hard slog with twins, mama. Be kind to yourself!

26. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

I need to pick up an order sheet for Panorama from my doctor this week. I am annoyed they wouldn’t give it to me at my last appointment.
    I have a benign liver enlargement, so even before I was pregnant I looked about 6 weeks. Now that I am 11 weeks, I look much further along. I am in all “full panel” pants already and my belly button popped yesterday.

27. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@MsHangry: Look at you! Gorgeous!

28. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I'm only pregnant with one, and am still much more tired and less active this time. Pregnancy with a toddler is rough, I think even that aside it gets harder on your body each time, and twins has to compound that several times over. You are doing awesome!

FWIW, last time I mostly noticed round ligament pain during the first half of second tri. I was worried that having it early meant it would get so much worse, but I think the relevant muscles got used to carrying an increasing load with time and it was less of an issue later.

My LO is smaller than yours and I'm just pregnant with one, so still able to lift him. But I'm sure there will come a point when it is less feasible. I'll be so screwed, lol, as I pick him up a lot.

29. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@MsHangry: Looking awesome!!!

30. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@jaguar: I do need to cut myself some slack, thanks for reminding me of that. How are you doing?

@periwinklebee: man is it tough with a toddler! No one tells you how exhausting it is. I’m really hoping my body adjusts and gets use to all the stretching, FX. How is your MS? Any better?

31. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@MsHangry: look at that bump, you look great! I have popped too, and I’m kind of loving it!

32. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Thank you! Today has been by far the best day in the past week. So relieved to have a break, we'll see how long it lasts....

33. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

I know this is crazy because I’m only 11 weeks, 2 days, but I swear I felt the babies moving today. It was soft little flutters when I was lying on my side resting. Do y’all think it’s possible this early?

34. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@periwinklebee: that’s awesome! I hope it’s only the first of many good days to come! I’m glad you got some relief.

35. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I'm pretty positive I started feeling movement around 13 weeks this time and have felt it repeatedly, usually in bed at night. It is pretty distinctive.... so I'd say definitely possible. And maybe with twins, they are sufficiently crammed in there that you feel it sooner. It's my very favorite part of pregnancy, at least at this stage before it gets super painful!

36. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@periwinklebee: it’s my favorite part too! I think we can feel it earlier because we know what to expect after previous pregnancies. It is definitely a very distinct feeling. Thanks for not making me feel crazy!

37. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Movement and baby bellies.. you guys, so lucky!!!

38. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I think it's possible, I also totally hit up the only 2 twin mom's on here to lurk and comment. There is a 3rd active twin mom on here and for the life of me can't remember who it is. I think they're less than a year old, aside from Elbie

39. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Sams Mom: thank you, and it’s good to know there are some other twin moms on here. I’ll have to ask them for tips! How are you? I’m so freaking excited for you.

40. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@jaguar: we are so, so lucky

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee