Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

I had my 30 week appt today and he did a bedside ultrasound that showed baby is definitely head down and was holding her feet near her head! So cute!

On a related note, anyone with stretch marks?? I don't have any yet but I feel like they are coming

2. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I don't have any yet but I feel like they're coming too. I didn't get any last pregnancy but everything feels different this time around!! Even my belly button stayed a super deep innie last time and I think it will eventually pop.

3. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

I didn't get them last time either but I feel them starting! Like lines of itchiness? It's really strange.

4. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Aww! Yay for cute ultrasounds.

Yep, I noticed a couple little stretch marks on each side the other day. I didn't have any with my DD but I'm carrying bigger/growing faster this time so I was prepared for them to make an appearance this time.

5. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@cait: good to hear you passed your GD test! Isn't it such a relief?! I was so stressed after I failed my 1-hour test!!

@fuzzypeaches: hahaha. Yes. Lines of itchiness. That's what I have. Every morning when I wake up I think today is the day I will have stretch marks!! Boo. I cant believe we moved this pregnant too. But we will be moving back at 37+ weeks so I'll be realllllly pregnant then!!!

I have another U/s at 32 weeks since my placenta was low lying. I'm not worried since it didn't have far to get out of the way. It will be weird to see baby again though!! With my son I only had a dating u/s and an anatomy u/s.

6. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Mostly it was fine--the plane rides were by far the worst part. When we were in Paris I just had to manage my expectations. I couldn't do as much as if I weren't pregnant and had to rest more, but we still could see & do a lot.

Also I keep expecting stretch marks too. I just feel so round already that I can't imagine NOT getting them with 11 weeks still to go.

7. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@fuzzypeaches: No stretch marks yet, but I feel like most of mine came on after delivery last time.

8. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@angelachase: glad you had a good trip!

@fuzzypeaches: no stretch marks yet, knock on wood! I keep checking!

9. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@fuzzypeaches: It is fun. We are both due with our second. We are doing a double shower.

10. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Anyone doing maternity pics (or done them already)?? We're doing maternity/family shoot in about a month. I'm already stressing over what to wear and how to dress DS. Lol

11. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@Ginabean3: the BFF Is TINYYYYYYYYYY.. even my hubs. .who doesn't care about that kind of stuff is like .. there's no way that will hold the stuff for two kids

I had watched a bunch of videos for packing so I was quite surprised at the size.
    Now the Be Prepared is perfect! Now I can stop obsessing about diaper bags and move on to a different item

12. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Has anyone thought about birth control after baby?

I'm not 100% ruling out a third but we would need a bigger age gap (3 years) between babies to manage daycare costs with both of us working full-time. My period didn't come back till 14 months PP (breastfed for 19 months) but apparently I'm very fertile so I'm thinking I'll get a Mirena IUD to be safe.

13. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Ginabean3: @Mrs. Pickles: I have the be prepared and I find I still run out of room even with just the one baby! But I'm also a super pack rat and want to have everything I still love it!

@QBbride: Um yes - definitely thinking about what to do because although DH is saying he's 95% no to a #3 and would get snipped tomorrow if I let him, he's agreed to compromise and wait until LO2 is 18 mo old to make a final decision as long as I go on birth control. I just don't feel done with 2 yet... but I guess it's hard to tell right now.

Given that the pull and pray method resulted in this little one (TMI?) I'm thinking the Mirena or even just a copper IUD since I tend to be sensitive to hormonal contraception in terms of libido.

@ValentineMommy: REALLY?!?! That can happen??

14. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@QBbride: We just plan on NFP. Ideally, I don't want to get pregnant again til Jan. 2016, but since it took us 3 years to be successful with this LO, if it happens we are fine with it.

15. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@QBbride: We want more than 2, so we will prob just use condoms until we're ready for #3.

@fuzzypeaches: Sadly, yes. I think it's kinda like when someone who is very overweight loses all the weight and then you see the stretch marks when they've got the extra skin flab? If that makes sense? But yea, mine didn't show up until after DS was born.

16. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

Congrats to everyone who has passed their GD test! Let's all go celebrate with milkshakes!

@angelachase: Glad to hear you had such a lovely time in France! What a wonderful getaway before the baby arrives.

@QBbride: The depth of my belly button is different this time around too. I'm hoping and praying it doesn't become an outie! // As for BC, I think my husband will probably nip things in the bud. We are 2 and through. I'm glad he's up for making the prevention happen because I am so over meds!

@ValentineMommy: No maternity pictures planned. But we'll probably have some nice photos of us taken when my family gets together for Mother's Day. I've never really planned any professional photos since our wedding.

17. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@sweetooth: my husband is against the big V (even later on!) which I really don't understand. I'm hoping he'll come around when he's feeling 100% done. In between babies we used condoms, which we both hated.

18. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@angelachase: So glad you had a great trip! Sounds wonderful!

@ValentineMommy: No maternity pics here, just belly shot selfies in the bathroom mirror!

@QBbride: Pretty sure we are done at 2 so probably mini pill or iud at the beginning and then maybe V for DH later on?

19. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

I am being selectively productive today. The house is an absolute mess, with a capital M...but I did go to Ikea and bought the hanging light for his room, a hamper for him, and a frame to fit the main poster in there. Unfortunately, I found out we can no longer get the Hemnes dresser in blue So white it is I guess.

Also, I am getting the favors for my shower done! The tag says, "From my shower to yours! Thanks for coming! With love, Bettiann, Diego and baby Landon."

Oh and @ValentineMommy: We are doing our mat. shoot on May 31! Most likely I'll be wearing a short sleeve, kinda lacy navy blue dress that I spent way too much money on, so now I feel like I have to wear it!

20. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@QBbride: my husband got his vasectomy two weeks ago.. and unfortunately he had complications but is feeling almost himself now. So glad we didn't wait until baby to have me recovering from a c section and him recovering from that @sweetooth: glad I'm not the only one that has only had professional photos for my wedding and nothing else.. I always wish we would and then I just look at the price and cry

21. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@fuzzypeaches: i had the same issues with libido and the pill...awful. I went off the pill right before my wedding and it was so much better!
    I don't know what we'll do after this one. It's a little strange b/c after TTC for a year for DD1, I got pregnant every single month we tried this time for a total of 3 pregnancies before this one stuck. So apparently now I'm super fertile? But I'm pretty sure we want a third and relatively soon just due to age and wanting them all to be 2-3 years apart. There are 10 years in between the oldest and youngest in my family and while it's great, I just don't want to be going through the newborn phase all over again in 7-8 years.

22. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: super cute!!!
    @angelachase: your trip sounds amazing! I want to go back sooo badly.
    re: the stretch marks - i got them with DD at like 38 weeks. So I'm not getting my hopes up that I don't have any at this point.
    I passed my GD test...and celebrated with a cupcake. But then found out I was anemic...so I had a cheeseburger
    But I'm not loving these iron pills. They're making an already reeeeally bad situation a LOT worse. I basically live on prune juice, fruit, and fiber cereal.

23. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Catching up!

Yay to all the successful GD tests! Awesome!

24. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Tidybee: Ohh I forgot my iron was super low. I need to pick up some iron pills too.

25. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@QBbride: I'm think I might just go back on the pill after this baby since we're not sure if/when we'll have another. I've never had any problems with it in the past except my body didn't react well to coming off of it when we started TTC for this babe.

So, we have a first name! Juniper. We're thinking about Wren as a middle name but aren't completely sure yet.

26. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@cait: cute name!

27. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@cait: I love both Juniper and Wren! I suggested Wren to DH but he said no. Sort of like every other name I've suggested

28. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Love the favors!
    @cait: Juniper is a great name.

29. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@cait: those are great names! How great to have something picked out!

30. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Little guy has been going crazy today! I tried to record it but he kept stopping when I pressed play.

31. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@simplyfelicity: my guy does the same thing! Also when I tell DH to look, it's like ::crickets:: he just stops!

32. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Cute favors!!! My sprinkle is May 31 and our pics are May 30! I still have no idea what to wear, but your dress sounds so pretty!!! Maybe I will have to go shopping

@cait: cute name!!

@simplyfelicity: @TheSwissWifeStyle: Same here! Every time I ask DH or my mom to look or feel my belly, the baby freezes lol

33. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@cait: Super cute name!

@Mrs. Pickles: I'd consider paying for professional photos once the baby is here. We're probably 2 and through and it would be nice to have some special photos at the start of our family of 4. But we'll see what the budget allows

@Tidybee: Your cupcake and cheeseburger celebration sounds like my kind of day I'm not loving the iron pills because I feel like I wake up and burp and it takes horrible! It only happens when I take the pills, so it's turning me off. I think more burgers are just what the doctor ordered. Maybe some spinach in my smoothie to add some green

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Those are cute shower favors! I love yummy shower scents!

@simplyfelicity: How are you recording your little guy? Putting your iPhone to your belly?

34. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

I'm still in disbelief that it's May...we've been continuing to make progress on the baby room and slowly incorporating the changes so my son can get used to things. I think we are going to go ahead and buy the second crib and see how that goes when he starts to see another crib in the house. He's almost a year and a half but I know he's picking up on these little changes. He's changing a bunch too!

My husband got a little impatient with me this weekend and raised his voice. I was asking him if I could have the car keys as we walked into the grocery store and he said, "They are in your purse! You took them with you on the last errand!" I retorted with, "Please be nice to me! This pregnancy thing can make me really stupid!" If I recall correctly though, it only gets worse before it gets better since the impending sleep deprivation won't exactly make me the brightest bulb either.

35. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@simplyfelicity: @TheSwissWifeStyle: Every time the baby gets active I try to get DH to come over quickly so he can feel it and then it just stops. Stubborn baby already

36. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

Got great news today at my ultrasound! He is growing and weighs 4.1 lbs! Which is a full week ahead of the weight he should be at. So the umbilical cord not being in the right place isn't affecting his growth. Will probably do one more ultrasound in 4-6 weeks to make sure he is still growing.

37. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@QBbride: We just talked about this yesterday. He doesn't want to do the V. But asked me if I had a c-section if I'd consider getting tubes tied. Then as we kept talking he says I think we should wait at least 2 more years in case we want a 3rd one. I'd be almost 40 years old! This go around was hard enough on me. I can't imagine what it would be like at 40! So I guess I'll get back on the pill until he gets it in his head to do the V thing.

38. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@QBbride: Just had another one I'm a few days shy of 31 weeks. It was interesting to see the face. He looks like my DS. And she could see some hair on the back of his head. He also had one foot up close to his hand and mouth. As if he has been sucking on his big toe? The hand kept trying to reach the foot. Wish we would have seen that.

39. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@turkeylurkey: Great news! LO was measuring 2 weeks ahead at 28 weeks, so I am right there with ya!
    @sweetooth: I snapped at my husband about the remote control yesterday...bad wifey.

40. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@turkeylurkey: great news!!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee