Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!

2. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Ginabean3: Such a cute mother's day bump!
    @fuzzypeaches: Thank you!!

Happy mother's day, ladies!!!!

3. cait

apricot / 268 posts

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day.

4. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Hope everyone had a great mothers day!!! Mine was lackluster, to say the least lol

How's everyone feeling? I should be getting my scheduled c-sec date any week now! Ahhhh!!

5. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

Hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Need to catch up on this thread, but I passed my glucose test and we just got back from our mini baby moon last Saturday! This week is another crazy one! My last trip before baby time! My lil bro is getting married in NYC. Then once we're back it's less than 10 weeks 'til due date! :O

Hope everyone is enjoying the warm weather and last few weeks of pregnancy!

ETA: for those of you experiencing pressure down there, do you have random pubic bone pain? I can't turn over in bed at night without throbbing pain down there!! I think it's from the mounting pressure? Not sure. Didn't have with DS1 and now I'm trying to figure out if it's a normal symptom or not!

6. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

Belated happy mothers day to everyone!!

@mrsjyw: so glad you had a great baby moon and have fun in the city! I have had some pelvic soreness but never throbbing pain. I have found sleeping with my top leg over and bent is the most comfortable and I actually have less pain now than I remember with LO1 even though it was worse earlier.

As for me, this is the last week in our house! Tired and emotional over the weekend but got lots of rest and feeling more motivated and like the end of the move at least is in sight!

7. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@mrsjyw: I swear my public bone feels like it's going to snap in half! I had this pain with A too but this time it is awful in the night and much of the day. DH is a physio and he recommends sleeping with a pillow between your knees, which seems to help unless I need to turn over.

8. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@simplyfelicity: Gorgeous flowers!

@Ginabean3: Lovely bump!

9. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@MamaCate: Hope your move goes well!

10. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

I think I'm nesting, which is a huge shock since I didn't at all with A. But suddenly I have this huge need to declutter everything, which is hard in this heat as our air con hadn't been switched on yet and I'm a huge, over-heating monster
    We live in a one bedroom apartment with a good size box room (meant for storage but we have made it into a cute bedroom for DD). So, adding another person to the mix is going to crunch us for space but that's downtown living for you.

We are nearly there with choosing a double stroller too.

Or maybe it's procrastinating rather than nesting, and I should get onto choosing a method of delivery, a name and buying clothes instead, ha ha.

11. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@mrsjyw: I haven't really experienced much pressure "down there" except for the other night when LO was moving some sort of way, and it felt really uncomfortable on my cervix. (At least I think that's where I was feeling it.) I had to get up and walk around to try and get him to quit it!

I feel very large and in charge today. (I feel like I've accumulated a lot of back fat! haha) I don't know how I'm going to get any bigger. I hit 30w tomorrow, which sounds pretty exciting I also have a dr. appointment tomorrow when I should get my Rhogam shot.

I find myself getting tired pretty early on in the day. The magic of the 2nd trimester is definitely gone! I think all the extra weight, plus not sleeping well at night really takes a toll!

12. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@travelgirl1: Haha, I relate to the "huge, over-heating monster" description. I tried to go to an outdoor festival yesterday, and I made it all of ten minutes walking in the heat before I changed my Mother's Day wish to "sitting in front of a fan."

13. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@cait: Lol, I spent most of my night sitting in front of a fan - bliss!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I feel like I can't possibly get any bigger too, then I remember my last month pregnant with DD and think, "oh yeah". Ha ha.

14. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

@MamaCate: awww. I hope the move goes well! I'm scared of moving myself, but we've decided it has to happen by next spring

@travelgirl1: I'm nesting too! I've scrubbed every single surface in the apartment. Thank goodness for nesting, just thinking about all that cleaning before made me want to take a nap instead. And now everything is so nice and clean!

15. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@ValentineMommy: scheduling my c section has been the biggest PIA!! holy moly

16. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@mrsjyw: Congrats on passing the glucose test!
    @Mrs. Pickles: @ValentineMommy: Scheduling your c section makes it seem so real! I feel like time is flying.

17. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

I think I might be getting Braxton Hicks...I am having cramps and my stomach is tightening up. With a little more than 7 weeks to go, seems like the time!

18. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@mrsjyw: Yes I've had this going on now for a little over a month. I asked the OB and she said that it was normal. Especially more noticeable in the next pregnancy etc.

I too am feeling large, hot and tired! Had really bad leg cramps over the weekend and my calves are still sore! We did a lot on Saturday. My Dad ran for city council (he won!) but we helped campaign Saturday, then of course did a mother's day gathering. So it was just too much.
    I hit 32 weeks in a day and see my OB.

19. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@turkeylurkey: Congrats to your dad!

20. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Just got back from my 32 week appointment and now I go every two weeks. I mentioned baby boy's size at 28 weeks and how both DH and I are from families of 8-10 lb babies. So, my OB wants me to have a 37 week ultrasound to determine if I should be induced. Not sure how I feel about that...
    I will see a different OB at my next appointment and will mention that, despite ginormous babies, there has been no family history of c/s. I want him to come when he is ready if that's possible.
    There's nothing wrong with c/s or being induced (at all!) I would just like to see if things happen alright if nature takes its course.

21. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@simplyfelicity: I would feel the same way as you. Especially since ultrasounds are notoriously wrong for estimating fetal size. I wouldn't want to base a decision like induction on something so unreliable!!

22. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@simplyfelicity: Yikes! That is not very far away! I agree that ultrasounds can be inaccurate and would encourage you to make the decision you are comfortable with re induction if it comes to that. I think a lot of it depends on your body shape too, not just baby size, ie childbearing hips.

Fwiw, I was 8 1/2 lbs and DH was over 9 but our LO was 8lbs 2oz when I was induced at 40+6 last time around, so it is not always a direct correlation. You have time to talk more with your doc as it gets closer too.

23. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@QBbride: @MamaCate: I will definitely get a second opinion. As for child bearing hips, I have got them! I don't mind doing the ultrasound at 37 weeks to be "informed" and will see what the OB thinks then but not sure I will sign on the dotted line.

24. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Also, I am going to add this to my list of things not to watch while pregnant.

25. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@simplyfelicity: um, yikes! Scary movie! lol

@turkeylurkey: congrats to your dad! Sounds like you deserve a rest!

@simplyfelicity: good luck with everything. I hope you get the outcome you want!

I had my appointment today, and I'm 30w. Baby is 3.5 lbs, and I have put on 28!

He is breech right now, sitting facing my spine. So the big lump I've been feeling pushing out must be the back of his head! Guess I should stop poking it. And that explains why I keep feeling like he's kicking my cervix.

Got my Rhogam shot in my arm, made DH hold my hand, lol. Even though I have to give myself shots every day, I was still scared! The needle was way thicker than my blood thinning shots! Which I'll only be on for 4 more weeks now.

Iron has dropped a lot, so I got a Rx for that.

All in all, everything's good! I can't believe how time is winding down!!

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsjyw: Hooray for passing your glucose test and your babymoon! I've been getting more pressure/pain down there as well (and didn't have it last time). It's SO uncomfortable.

@MamaCate: Hope you have a good move!!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: While I definitely did not have a magical second trimester, I am also getting super tired early in the day too. I find myself napping while DS naps more often than not, or during my lunch break on the days I'm working at home. I'm so tired! My lo is breech too and I am SO tired of being kicked in what feels like my actual vagina haha. I swear sometimes it feels like he's going to just reach out of there.

@Mrs. Pickles: Has it??? I remember with DS1, they scheduled me with the doctor I don't normally see at the practice (which I still don't understand), so at my next appt with my usual doctor, I asked if he could change it to when he could do it, which he did. But that was it. Hoping it's easy this time too. What's been difficult about it??

@simplyfelicity: I know!!! I can't wait to get my date!!! DS1 was over 9 pounds and I can not IMAGINE him coming out of my lady bits, but you have to do what's right for you. If you want to wait and it's not a danger to you or baby, go for it. I know a lot of people have strong feelings about being induced. As for them estimating his size....don't listen to them. They estimated DS1 to be 7-8 pounds, so when he came out at 9.1, they were pretty shocked lol

27. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@simplyfelicity: the BH are the worst for me! I've had them since maybe 20 weeks and they are so bothersome :s my Dr thinks I just have an "irritable uterus" since I had a lot last time too.

I'd feel the same as you re: induction. But fwiw, my cousin just delivered a 9lb 14oz baby (2 wk early!) with minimal tearing

28. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

It's so crazy that in a couple weeks we can start saying we are due "next month" it's crazy! I'm starting to nest a bit and getting more nervous about lo's transition from ctr of universe to one of two :s

29. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Has anyone thought of a "push present? " I really want this ruby ring I can stack with others when we have more babies in the future. If baby boy comes in June, hopefully I can find it in Alexandrite.

30. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@fuzzypeaches: That is totally crazy. I'm not ready yet!!!!! There's still so much to do!!!

@simplyfelicity: I've been looking for something similar to that. My problem is.....my DS's will have some really not cute colors together. Amethyst and Ruby.....ick. Lol I have a really big amethyst ring (I think it's 11 karats) from DS1's push present that DS got when a jewelry store was closing, so I can't really wear it with anything else. Where is that stack ring from?

31. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@ValentineMommy: Here ya go! I like that it isn't a full eternity band for sizing purposes.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/230744015/14k-rose-gold-natural-ruby-34-eternity?utm_source=Pinterest&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share

32. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@simplyfelicity: I totally get you on the induce or c/section. I'm torn over how I feel about them. But.... after DS being a full week late and weighing in at 9.8lbs (after they thought he was only 7-8lbs... I'm really thinking about doing something different. I had to have a full epistomy with DS and the recovery was awful. So I don't want to go through that again. I'm going to talk to my OB tomorrow about our options.
    @simplyfelicity: I haven't thought about push present. We didn't do one the last time. It was Thanksgiving and I just said focus on the holidays, the in-laws in town, etc.

33. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@turkeylurkey: My "plan" is to see how he is looking at 37 weeks and maybe plan an inducement if I go over my EDD. That way, if he comes early, it's on his own accord.
    Yeah, push presents are just for fun. I mentioned wanting some sort of birthstone jewelry and DH suggested getting it after the baby was born. Works for me!

34. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@ValentineMommy: it took me 3 weeks to fully schedule!!!!
    But we're good to go now, JUNE 25 HOLY MOLY I can't even deal.
    My doc is fitting in my c- section before she goes on vacation which I am very happy about.
    As far as inductions.. technically I could try for a VBAC but I'm just far too nervous after my last induction .. labor for 36 hours and then emergency c-section

35. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@simplyfelicity: my DH got me a necklace with a pearl pendant (June birth stone) so I assume he'll do something similar this time

36. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@simplyfelicity: Thank you! Love it!

@Mrs. Pickles: AHHHH June?!?!? You're going to have a baby next month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

37. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@simplyfelicity: I wouldn't worry too much. The smallest baby in both mine and DH's family was 8 lbs 5 oz and the others were all over 9 lbs. Everyone said how huge DD was going to be because of that and because my bump was definitely normal if not on the larger side. However, she was 6'15! I did have an ultrasound at 37 weeks that I think was pretty close to her actul size, so I knew as long as I didn't eat a ton of munchkins for the last 3 weeks, this kid wouldn't be so big.
    My yoga instructor says that if you're worried about a big kid just to minimize sugar and fill up on protein.
    Lastly, the 7 large kids in mine and DH's family were all born without induction and naturally. From what I hear and read, it's not the size of the kid but the position of the baby that contributes mostly to the pain coming out. My peanut of a daughter hurt a hell of a lot!

38. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@QBbride: are you going to wear 2 necklaces or wear the 2 stones on one chain?
    My push present was a necklace with an opal surrounded by diamonds. I can't picture not wearing it, but I don't know how a ruby (or any other charm) is going to look with it....

39. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@mrsjyw: I also didn't have pubic bone pain first time but did this time. Then one day I wore really tight pants and the compression relieved it. I saw the chiropractor and he gave good advice about supporting the pelvis more---clench glute muscles when standing and moving. Try to keep knees together more, especially if not weight-bearing (laying in bed!) and he gave me an exercise where you sort of wash the floors with your foot, so circling the leg while keeping legs just a little bent. I'm doing much better since implementing these things. Before, my pubic bone was feeling like a wish-bone about to snap... Wanted to walk around holding my crotch!

40. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@simplyfelicity: I love that!!!
    @Mrs. Pickles: ahh! That's crazy!!!
    @QBbride: I just bought myself initial necklaces for mothers day (lol) but dh won't let me wear it bc we haven't announced the name yet :)@Tidybee: I Think it's cute to wear two chains too like a layered sort of look?! I bet it would be gorgeous (pendant sounds beautiful!)
    @cvbee: I've been walking around "holding" my belly up lol. Super attractive but it feels so much better!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee