Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@QBbride: DH has some vacation saved up so he is planning to take a week off following the birth. We are lucky though bc his company is revamping their vacation plans and he will actually end up with some extra time so he is going to stay home with LO for awhile when I got back to work.

I've made a list of things for the hospital bag and bought a sleep nursing bra and tank to start getting ready.

2. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@fuzzypeaches: last time my midwife said no to students so I think I will say the same this time. She advocated for me in a time of vulnerability

I should add not only do I work at the hospital I'm delivering at but on the same floor too

3. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@sweetooth: mmmm baked goods. I've been craving brownies!

4. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@QBbride: my DH plans on taking two weeks but he says he will be working from home one day a week, he's such a workaholic. Ugh. Thankfully my mom will be here too to help wrangle our 2 year old and to cook for us! We already got a cleaning lady so she won't have to help with that part!

5. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Ginabean3: I had a brownie yesterday. So.damn.good!

6. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@QBbride: oh going off of this, my DH works in healthcare administration and I'm giving birth at his hospital..sort of mortified to think that people he knows/who know him will know who I am and see all my lady bits..... but I guess at that point I won't really care....

7. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@travelgirl1: jealous! I was just at the grocery store and thought about buying some but resisted.....trying to stay away from carbs....I'm already 22 lbs at 30 weeks (tomorrow!) and my doctor is one of those who thinks I'm gaining too fast.....

8. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Ginabean3: I won't tell you what I just chowed through during nap time They should have an "I ate all the pies" emoji. I would use it A LOT

9. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Ginabean3: That's not fast at all is it? I feel like that's normal!
    @QBbride: That's crazy! At least you know everyone will be on their best behaviour around you

@travelgirl1: mmm pie yum

10. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@travelgirl1: bwahahaha!
    @fuzzypeaches: well he wants me to only gain 25-30lbs total.....and I still have 10 weeks to go.....sigh. I can't help it! I love eating for two! Lol.

11. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@travelgirl1: now I want pie!

I had frozen yogurt in the afternoon at work yesterday and one of my coworkers was like "does the baby really need that?" made me feel awesome

12. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: I hope you told him yes, baby absolutely needs that

13. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: lol. I would have said "absolutely!"

If it makes you feel better, my FIL visited last weekend and said, "with this baby you've gotten a little chubby haven't you?" I was like ?!?!?!?! and DH just killed himself laughing lol. Who says that??

14. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Ginabean3: mmmm, brownies! Also, in my professional opinion (I am not a doctor ) I do not think you are gaining weight too fast. So hand your doctor a tasty brownie the next time he says anything of that nature.

@Mrs. Pickles: I would add a smack across the face to that coworker before I responded with "Hell yeah the baby needs this!"

@fuzzypeaches: Oh my goodness - if my FIL said something like that to me my jaw would drop to the floor. My dad did joke with me last weekend as he was coming in through the front door and I was holding open the screen door "Oof, I can barely squeeze through here with you two in the way!" And since he's my dad, I kicked him in the shin

All of this talk of smacking and kicking makes me sound like I'm a violent person. I am not

15. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@sweetooth:

16. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

I had a small reunion with two high school friends last night. It was so much fun! The husbands left early to take the kids home and we just talked for hours and hours. I felt like such a baby myself though because I started to yawn at 9pm...which is when I usually hit the hay these days. I have to get all the sleep I can WHILE I can, you know? But last night I stayed out until 10:30pm (WHOA! Crazy time!) and now I feel like I'm paying for it. As if my herbal tea and dessert was some late-night drinking bender!

17. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@sweetooth: That sounds so lovely! Ha that made me laugh about that dessert and herbal tea

@fuzzypeaches: OMG he did not!!! I have had a whole lot of comments recently about how huge I was last time round. It just makes me laugh though, I am done with being offended. I get more offended when people tell me I am all bump because seriously, what did you think the rest of me was like before???

18. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

Our crib just arrived. THe UPS man actually helped me get it in the house. SO nice of him! We now have 2 cribs in our house. It's really feeling REAL now and I'm kind of giddy about it! Hoping to put the crib together this weekend and frame/hang some artwork for baby #2! And I really need to look at the kid clothing situation. Oh, and plan out my hospital bag. So glad it's almost the weekend.

Anyone else have a list of baby things to do this weekend?

In a dream world though...I'd put my feet up, get a pedicure, sleep in, have food made for me, read books, and doodle in my sketchbook.

But back to reality...

19. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@sweetooth: we need to do SO MUCH.. put the crib up ... organize our room so the baby bassinet has a place to go.. so much laundry

but in reality I also just want a pedi and to float around in the pool for a few hours

I have 6 weeks .. that's 42 days .. but who's counting?

20. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Oh yes he feels big and I look it! I haven't gained anywhere but my belly and it is huge! He is already measuring close to 5 lbs. So at that rate with 7 weeks to go he will be the same size as the first one.

I have had a rough night! My Dad was sworn into his council position so we had to make an appearance and do photo op. My 2 year old did not want to participate and fought me the whole time. I finally laid him on the ground and said take the pictures without him. It was awful! He is normal the good kid in the crowd but something had him worked up. DH didn't land until 10pm last night. I was exhausted and my back was killing me from trying to carry a wailing 2 year old. I knew it was bad timing right in the middle of dinner time. I didn't want to go but I knew it was important to my Dad for us to be there. Then as if that wasn't enough I got really sick to my stomach in the night. I feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck! Ugh!

21. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: Oh heaven...floating around in a pool...do you have a pool? If so - I'm beyond jealous! Hope your weekend is a little balance between the have to do and want to do lists

@turkeylurkey: That was so nice of you to be there for your dad. I bet it was hard to wrangle your son when he wasn't cooperating. You did your best! I hope you get some time this weekend to recuperate now that your husband is home.

22. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: How rude! My DD has been asking a lot of questions about how the baby gets food and now when I eat sweets or the occasional cup of coffee she'll say things like, "so, the baby is eating all that sugar too? Isn't the baby too little for coffee?" Sometimes I wish she wasn't quite so perceptive.

I'm taking it easy today because I have a fractured rib. Happened during a coughing fit. Same thing happened around this time when I was pregnant with DD!

23. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

Just got in from my diaper shower with my girlfriends. It was very small and so nice of them! I was able to visit with everyone and enjoy the food! Was surprised at how many outfits I got. Feels crazy to be at this phase already! We have my sil's shower in another week and then a bridal shower. My group of girls have a busy shower month!

24. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@sweetooth: re: the grooming. OMG yes...I really need to make a wax appt. After a shower the other day, I had DH moisturize my legs. (I was beat and just could not take anymore bending after shaving them.) I asked him what the situation was down there. He said pretty patchy.

On that note, has anyone else noticed their leg hair grows less these days? In the summer I usually shave every other day (but would be pretty prickly by the day after I shaved.) But now I can go like 3 days! It's pretty awesome.

@ValentineMommy: I have DH do my toes! He's gotten pretty good at it!

@Reese: Weight gain...yeah I was up 28 lbs at my 30w appointment! Ah well. I feel like it's mostly belly, and then just a bit of fluff/softness everywhere else. At least that's what I'm hoping.

@QBbride: DH's work gives him 3 days, and then I think he will take a few extra days off around the birth, and then a week or so in the beginning of August. I think there's a vote here later in the summer for a mandatory 2 weeks for paternity leave, but it'll probably be too late by then to effect us.

@Mrs. Pickles: omg I can't believe your coworker said that to you!! Like, wtf?!

@cait: Omg I can't believe you fractured your rib!

As for me, I'm feeling pretty good, but I can go from "I feel fine!" to "Omg I need to lie down" pretty darn quick.

Sleep is rough, as usual.

I think I'm gonna start an update survey thing...:)

25. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

How many weeks are you: 31 tomorrow.

Symptoms you're dealing with now:
    -Sleep is hard.
    -I get swelling if I'm on my feet all day, or don't put them up enough during the day. Only minor so far.
    -Other than that just feeling huge!

Innie or outtie:
    -Still an innie...for now!

Rings on or off:
    -Still on!

Lately I've been craving:
    -baked goods, pancakes. Water ice Someone send me the recipes from Rita's.

Stretch marks:
    -None that I can see...(knock on wood.) I use an oil after every shower, and lotion one other time during the day as well. If I get them, oh well.

Braxton Hicks:
    -Don't think I've had them yet.

Hospital bag packed:
    -Not yet, but might start this week.

Baby's room:
    -Furniture set up and crib made. Clothes put away.
    -Still need to decorate, (walls mostly) paint one piece of furniture, and get some shelves. We'll probably do a LOT right after our shower.

Baby shower:
    -June 13

DH/DW/Partner
    -Getting excited. He's been really great!

(That's all I could think of, feel free to add anything )

26. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: thanks for making the survey!!

How many weeks? 33 weeks tomorrow

-heartburn!! I've pretty much given up on eating dinner and it seems to have helped a lot.
    -general tiredness/not sleeping well

Innie or outie? Innie but it's getting pretty shallow. I think it will pop, it never did last time!

Rings on or off: On. I haven't had any issues with swelling. I wore them right to the end last time.

Lately I've been craving: popcorn and slurpees

Stretch marks: none that I see and I haven't been putting any lotion/oil on. But my skin is starting to feel really stretched, so I keep thinking I'm getting them!!

Braxton Hicks: I don't think I'm getting them.

Hospital bag packed: no, and I hope babe doesn't come early because I don't have anything at the place we're staying. I looked out some nipple cream and 2 swaddle blankets and I found my Earth Mama Angel Baby bottom spray (heaven!!!) from last time but that's all. I'm hoping to have an early discharge (4 hours after birth) so crossing my fingers I won't need much anyway.

Baby's room: non existent we're not doing a nursery since DS and baby will eventually share a room and they'll likely share our room and we'll move into the smaller one. My MIL is bringing our basinet when they come to visit when I'm 38 weeks so I think I'll just put that beside the bed for now. My DS had such a nice nursery last time (we've since moved) so I feel a bit bad but what can I do?!

Baby shower: I think my friends will throw us a co-Ed meet the baby BBQ after she is here. I'm the first one in our group to have a second baby so I'm not sure if second baby showers are the norm. I think I'll say no gifts because we probably don't need much!!

DH: I think he's starting to get excited/nervous. Our DS hasn't been sleeping well recently and he knows that he'll probably have to deal with him at night. We've finalllllly starting talking about names and I think we've narrowed it down to two!!

27. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Oh and i saw this sleeper at the Gap that I NEED for a going home outfit. How cute is it?!

28. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@QBbride: that outfit is super cute!

29. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@turkeylurkey: congrats to your dad! It's great that you were there for him, but take it easy and get some rest! Toddlers and big events sometimes just don't mix.

@cait: haha what a smart kid! Sorry about your rib, sounds awful! I hope you're over the coughing so it can start to heal.

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I wish that hair grew less! We finally opened up the beach season yesterday, so I had to stop putting it off and shave it. I had DS running into the bathroom every two minutes offering to help me. So embarrassing!

30. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

How many weeks are you: 31 today
    -Swelling in my feet after a long day.
    - Wake up multiple times a night, uncomfortable

Innie or outtie:
    -Still an innie but DH keeps making jokes since it is so shallow.

Rings on or off:
    -On, although getting tight some days.

-Sweets, icees from the gas station, ice cream (all not normal for me)

Stretch marks:
    -None so far

Braxton Hicks:
    -I don't think I have had any yet.

Hospital bag packed:
    -Waiting until beginning of June but I have lists made for each of us.

Baby's room:
    -Furniture is all built
    - Waiting to decorate more until baby gets here since we are

Baby shower:
    -May 31

DH
    -Keeps saying he is ready to meet the baby and gets very excited when he can feel it moving.

31. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

I have been following but not posting – I know, so creepy of me haha but I figured this survey would be a good way to jump in!

How many weeks are you: 33

Symptoms you're dealing with now: Sleep is come and go. I am so tired during the day but then all riled up at night so I have a hard time falling asleep. Up at least once to pee if not more. Heartburn to the max

Innie or outtie: Outie!

Rings on or off: Off! Womp womp

Lately I've been craving: Ice cream and coffee.

Stretch marks: None that I can see...I didn’t get them with my first so I am hoping not to get any this time but if I do, oh well.

Braxton Hicks: Yep. Usually in my lower back.

Hospital bag packed: Not yet. I have started to think about
    what I want to bring.

Baby's room: Have not started yet! DH is taking June 1 &2 off to get everything painted. We have all the furniture so it will just be about pulling everything together.

Baby shower: May 24 (sprinkle)

DH/DW/Partner: He is so excited to meet the baby and we are both excited for me not to be pregnant anymore ha ha ha

32. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

How many weeks are you: 30!

Symptoms you're dealing with now: Pubic/pelvic bone pain, heartburn, breathing, etc.

Innie or outtie: Innie

Rings on or off: On

Lately I've been craving: Ice cream, fruit, wine, sushi.

Stretch marks: None so far, but we'll see how these next 9/10 weeks go.

Braxton Hicks: Maybe once or twice, but not really noticeable.

Hospital bag packed: Not yet. Need to figure out coming home outfit and necessities for me.

Baby's room: everything's done besides wall decor and one final cleaning!

Baby shower: None, baby#2! We have everything and more!

DH/DW/Partner: He is so excited for baby's arrival! Thrilled at having two sons It's so cute and endearing!

33. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Yes! My leg hair is growing WAY slower. It's basically non-existent. YAY! And kudos to your DH for painting your toes! My DH used to do mine, but has been too tired from work Lame.

@QBbride: adorable!!

How many weeks are you: 30 weeks on friday!

-Sleeping is difficult, random bouts of nausea, heart palpitations (related to anxiety and increased bloodflow), general discomfort

Innie or outtie:
    -Still an innie!

Rings on or off:
    -On for work, off if I'm doing anything outside.

-Still don't really have much of an appetite, which is ridiculous considering I've gained at least 25 pounds.

Stretch marks:
    -No NEW ones, but I noticed the past few days that my OLD ones are red again. WTH?!? I use lotion daily, as well as oil. Super lame.

Braxton Hicks:
    -Only when I overexert myself.

Hospital bag packed:
    -Not yet, but will start after vacation in June.

Baby's room:
    -Furniture set up and clothes put away, but they still need to be washed.
    -Still need to decorate and hang curtains.

Baby shower:
    -Mine's a "sprinkle" at the end of May.

DH/DW/Partner
    -Definitely not as helpful as the first time around lol

34. mrsjyw

@ValentineMommy: I am right there with you on the 25 lbs. WTF?! twin, seriously what is going on!?

35. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsjyw: Lol SO weird. I'm still eating fairly sparingly, because my nausea isn't completely gone and I still don't have a great appetite. So WHERE did these 25 pounds come from?!?!?!

36. mrsjyw

@ValentineMommy: yes me too! I still have random bouts of yakking and nausea and def am not overdoing it on food nor do I have a huge appetite but the lbs keep showing up!!! *sigh

37. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsjyw: Right there with ya. And my stretch marks from #1 have all the sudden started turning pink again. UGHHH.

38. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@QBbride: How did you possibly leave the store without buying that cute little outfit!

39. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Sounds like your husband has really been coming through for you - grooming, pedicures, he gets BIG points

And yes to the leg hair! I do still try and hit it with a razor, but it's not super noticeable if I miss a day or two.

40. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@sweetooth: ahh I know! But Gap always has better deals if you buy online. The problem is we're not living at home right now so I think I'll just have to splurge and buy it in-store.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee