Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2017 moms!

1. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

Hi everyone! I've been lurking lately between catching an evil bug from the kiddos at school and a big uptick in anxiety (sicj fun). So much news to catch up on!

Had our anatomy scan today, TH was not at ALL shy about showing off the fact that he is a boy! He was a bit stubborn about showing us his spine, but eventually he did and everything looks good. I'm with @bookwormmama on the placenta being a little too close to the cervix, so they'll bring me back to see that it moves.

PS @bookwormmama I'm so sorry to hear about your niece, I hope a transplant comes through.

2. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@GreeneB2: congrats on the girl! I have 2 girls and their relationship is amazing!

@msmilkshake: congrats on the boy! Slightly jealous baby was happy to show the goods! Hoping mine will do the same next week!

3. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@bookwormmama: so scary about your niece! Hope everything goes well with the transplant.

4. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@msmilkshake yay congrats on the boy!

5. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

@MrsStar: Thanks, that's so great to hear! I always wanted a sister so I hope they'll be close!

6. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@msmilkshake: Good news! I had a low lying placenta before - it resolved by 24 or 28 weeks

7. winniebee

@GreeneB2: Congrats on a healthy girl!

8. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@msmilkshake: congrats on your boy! My LO lying placenta resolved itself by 32 weeks last time, fwiw.

9. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

Hooray for all the news and updates in the last week! Can't wait to hear more!

June 2017 Mamas

June 3: Iced Tea (#2)
    June 4: NewlyPregnantLady (#2)
    June 6: GreeneB2 (#2) , rattles (#3)
    June 7: MrsStar (#3)
    June 10: Lilybean (#2), Winnie13 (#1 & 2) &
    June 11: MsMilkshake (#1)
    June 12: MrsF (#3)
    June 13: BookwormMama (#2), MissKriss19 (#3)
    June 15: Mrs.Hawk71 (#2)
    June 17: Tequiero21 (#4)
    June 18: Kitty (#2), Mrs. Pajamas (#2)
    June 21: Mrs.Joy (#2), MrsT927 (#2)
    June 22: Tubbs (#1)
    June 23: combatlibby (#2), yogibeachwife (#1)
    June 24: Rae (#2)
    June 26: jape14 (#2) , JennyG (#3)
    June 30: Beatlesfan629 (#2)
    July 3: winniebee (#4)

Anatomy Scans
    1/24: jape14
    1/26: MrsF
    1/30: Mrs. Pajamas, Tequiero21
    1/31: Kitty
    2/3: Tubbs
    2/9: winniebee

Apologies if I've missed anyone!

10. MissKriss19

olive / 55 posts

Hey all!! I'm 20 weeks along with baby #3 now. I had my anatomy scan last week and everything looked great except we couldn't see the gender!! It was super frustrating because I had my husband and 4 yr old there and we had been so excited to all find out together. I was so stressed about it I couldn't sleep that night. On the Sat morning my husband was finally just like go pay the $100 and get a 3D lol. I just ended up sneaking out and getting it done and we are having a girl!! Very exciting since this is our last and we already have 2 boys I bought a cute littl newborn girl outfit and wrapped it up in yellow paper and surprised my husband with it. He was so surprised (and really happy). 💗

11. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@MissKriss19: congratulations on your little girl! I'm glad you were able to find out after all!

12. MissKriss19

olive / 55 posts

@msmilkshake: Congrats!!! I remember laughing so hard when I found out with both my boys because their little penises were so obvious hahaha

13. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@rattles: @MrsStar: thank you for the well wishes. She's stable and now on the transplant list.

I think I've caught my son's stomach bug! I've just thrown up twice in a row and feel like crap. Ugh. Luckily his seemed pretty short lived, so hopefully that's the case for me! Has anyone dealt with stomach bugs while pregnant? Is there anything I need to watch out for? He had a fever later in the day on Monday, so I'll make sure to keep an eye on that too.

14. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@MissKriss19: congrats!

@bookwormmama: urgh stomach bugs are the worst! I caught one from lo1 the week before Christmas and thankfully it only lasted 24 hours. Just keep your fluids up and keep an eye on fevers etc, I just spent the day on the couch waiting for it to pass.

15. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@bookwormmama: popping in from July to say I had it at 7 weeks for 24 hours and it was awful. Went to the hospital and they just said baby would be fine and drink as much fluids as you can. My friend had it about a week before me and she was 23 weeks pregnant at the time. Hers also only lasted 24 hours and then everything was fine.

Doctors say the baby is well protected. I would keep an eye out for a fever because that is more dangerous and keep your fluids up. They said if I couldn't then to come back in.

16. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsStar: @Mrs. Goose: thanks ladies! I'm throwing up water every time I try to drink it, but I think I'm drinking too much because I'm so damn thirsty. My mom is a nurse and told me try small amounts of Gatorade so I'm doing that, but it's not helping my thirst at all! Ugh.

@Mrs. Goose: and oh my gosh I feel for you. I felt like crap at 7 weeks...I can't imagine adding this in!

17. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@bookwormmama: I sipped on an electrolyte drink with a lot of ice...slowly. It was crappy and scary. And I was already not thirsty and then I was scared to drink or eat.

18. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@bookwormmama: I had the norovirus that was going around at Christmas, and I was 10 weeks? It was awful!! I agree to try to stay hydrated with electrolytes.

19. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@bookwormmama: ugh, you poor thing. I hope it passes quickly! In the meantime, ice chips, Popsicles and small amounts of water.

20. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@bookwormmama: With a stomach bug, I found the best bet for keeping down liquid was semi-frozen (like slushie) pedialyte. Water wasn't working, but that did.

21. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Mrs. Goose: @Mrs. J: @rattles: @Iced Tea: thanks for the advice. I just sent my DH out for ice since our fridge doesn't make it and it's difficult to keep an ice tray in it. I feel bad because he's had a crazy and long week and then came home and solo parented our crazy kid all night and I know he's really tired. But ice sounds really good and I'm hoping it will help. It's probably better than going to the ER in the middle of the night!

I tried resting my stomach for a couple hours, but I think it made it worse. I threw up 3 times in 1.5 hour span which was much more frequent than I had been. I've had several sips of Gatorade in 10-15 minute increments for the past 45 minutes so I'm hopeful that will help!

22. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: Congratulations on the anatomy scan! My placenta was too close to the cervix in both of my previous pregnancies and they monitored it but it ended up moving up before I go too close to the end. I'm so sorry about your niece - I hope that things are getting better every day

I hope you're feeling better soon! The stomach bug while pregnant has to be the worst

23. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@msmilkshake: Congratulations!!

@MissKriss19: Oh that's so frustrating that you couldn't see the sex at the first scan - glad you found out!

24. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Is anyone else having braxton hicks contractions already? I'm pretty sure I am. Looking back on our due date thread from my last pregnancy it looks like I had them very early then as well. It just feels so early and I think they feel kind of weird because my uterus is still pretty low.

25. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsF: I expect that to happen in this case as well. It is just barely too close, the tech seemed surprised I had it last time too! I am feeling a bit better, thanks. I stopped throwing up last night, but my body is super worn out and I didn't sleep well last night. We had to postpone our trip home a day, which is disappointing, but I also don't want to get anyone else sick!

I was actually contracting during my ultrasound I guess. She was trying to look at the location of my placenta and said "oh your contracting a bit, I'll just come back later and leave that alone." Not sure if that's normal or not, but the doctor didn't bring it up, so it must be ok. I think I had really weird and kinda early Braxton hicks with my son. My belly would get hard and then release, but they would last a long time so I never really thought they were actually BH. I haven't felt them yet, but I think some people in my first due date board had them pretty early too.

26. winniebee

@MrsF: I've had a few and I'm not even 17 weeks yet. With Ryan I had them starting at 18....with Dylan I started getting them the week we delivered at 18 weeks as well. My uterus is really low and they are pretty mild they almost feel like gas, but I know better.

27. winniebee

@MissKriss19: Congrats!!

28. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@MrsF: I've definitely been having some cramping, but I've been thinking it's due to nursing my toddler. They're not painful, but I do notice them. And then I noticed one after I had been scrubbing my oven for about an hour (so exerting myself in a weird position).

My husband felt LO moving around last night! I've been feeling movement for awhile and every night I've been feeling my belly to see if it can be felt from the outside, and last night it finally happened! Not strong kicks but definite movement.

Now if only we could find a name we like!

29. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@newlypregnantlady: I'm jealous of the movement you are feeling! I feel like I'm barely feeling anything! I know it's related to my placenta but it's so different from last time!

30. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

Now that our families know, I can announce it here: we are having a girl ! The tech was correct at 12 weeks!

31. winniebee

@bookwormmama: great news congrats!

32. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@bookwormmama: yay for girl! I gotta tell my tech she was right too at 12 weeks.... are you anterior? I feel movement from mine but not as much as with the previous two pregnancies. I'm going to ask if I am...

33. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@tequiero21: the tech asked who we had the first time around because they like to know when they are right. I couldn't remember her name, but I think our second tech guessed right and said she'd pass it on. She was pretty sure of her guess, so I would have been surprised if it had been a boy!

I do have an anterior. I also had one with my first, but things feel a lot different this time. I'm pretty sure I was feeling more movement by 20 weeks last time, but I think this one is situated a little lower and baby girl sat transverse the whole ultrasound so that might be why it feels so different! I can feel stronger movements occasionally at the top and more inside (if that makes sense!) but along the bottom section it is all tickling! I actually asked if it was lower just because things feel so different from my last even though both were anterior! I also have some cells outside my cervix that make it irritate more, so I wondered if that played into location too.

@winniebee: thank you!

34. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@bookwormmama: congrats on the girl! My placenta is actually anterior again too! But I feel like it might be pretty high because I'm feeling lots of movement pretty low. I've been surprised at how early I've felt movement.

35. winniebee

17w tomorrow - anterior placenta and have felt a few tiny movements when I bend over or my belly is crunched/ during ultrasounds, but that's it

36. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@bookwormmama: congratulations on your little girl! What fun!

@newlypregnantlady: this is definitely the most movement I've felt in any of my pregnancies. DH and my mom have both felt it, but you can already see the kicks and punches just by watching my stomach!

37. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@newlypregnantlady: @rattles: thank you!

I hosted my sister's baby shower today and after we got home I was feeling super uncomfortable. I eventually realized I was having BH this evening. Not sure if that is why I was so uncomfortable but makes sense. I'm guessing it was the combo of lots of setting up and then still recovering from my illness/possible dehydration on Thursday. I laid down with DS before we went to bed and I'm feeling a ton better thankfully!

38. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: Congratulations!!

39. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

DH felt the baby moving for the first time a few days ago. We were both so excited! That's been one of my favorite moments each time

I feel like I went from feeling barely perceptible movement to tons of movement in no time. I can't believe I'm 20 weeks today!!

40. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

We are officially "out" on social media! DS opened a box of pink balloons to tell my in-laws and I recorded it and put it in social media. The video is perfect...he was hilarious in it!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee