Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2012 Baby Thread!!

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@regberadaisy: Yah well we never knew if he had a dairy intolerance or MSPI. He had a fleck of blood in his poo at 8 weeks, which can be caused by pretty much anything, but dairy can be a culprit. So I cut dairy then. We wanted to know at this point if he truly had an intolerance before starting him on any formula or starting any solids. I also felt somewhat guilty because I knew he was getting small amounts of dairy through some food and I never cut soy. We also thought that since he had been getting traces of dairy for months and was fine, perhaps he never had the intolerance. Now we know. He seems perfectly fine today and drank a dairy free bottle just fine this morning. However, I do feel extremely guilty about the whole situation.

2. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@winniebee: sad for your night

I had a hard time getting back to sleep after pumping and being on the internet, so tonight I'm going to try to pump before I go to bed, which isn't usually very late (9pm), so I might not get an epic amount of milk pumped, but it should prevent me from waking up with a soaker.

Today I am getting my hair cut. It is in 3 hours and I am STILL on the fence about what hair cut to get! I am not sure if it is time to go back to bangs yet, which I have not had for 2 years. Not sure if I should take the length way up, as right now it is the longest it has ever been. So, my morning job is to decide on a hair cut! DH is excited to go into town with Nico during my hair cut and walk around downtown with Nico in the Ergo, "showing off the baby".

This will be my last installment of the Cry It Out Report. For the record, I put him down almost asleep after nursing and then I leave and never come back....yes, I am an extinctionist!! Who knew? Night 1 was 40 minutes of really bad crying. Night 2 was something like 15 minutes of medium crying. Night 3 was less than 5 minutes of crying. Night 4 (last night) was less than one minute of crying (but he did wake up 2.5 hours into sleep, and cried for 15 minutes). The big change is that we've gone from maybe 6-10 wakeups per night down to 2.

3. LAGS

clementine / 916 posts

@pastemoo: That's awesome that you're doing a meet-up! If only I didn't live in the middle of nowhere!

@cvbee: 6oz impresses me! I've been so proud of my girls just being able to pump 4-5 combined lately!

@bcpmarj: You girls have me convinced. I think I'll check it out next week. I don't blame you for staying in bed, lately if DH is getting up with LO to let me sleep in and I can't sleep, I just lay there anyways... still relaxing!

@winniebee: I'm sorry you had a rough night Don't feel guilty, unfortunately it seems like its the kind of situation where you just need to know for sure. I know it has to be hard seeing him have an upset tummy over it, but knowing for sure now should save him a lot of discomfort for the future. He'll be a happier boy for it!

@cvbee: Have fun with your haircut! That's so cute that your husband is excited to show off Nico. I feel kinda the same way... my trips shopping without her always bum me out. When I read yours and other's accounts of their CIO I'm always convinced I'm going to try it that night... then the middle of the night comes and I just can't do it yet I'm a chicken.

After our crazy nap yesterday we still got to bed at 7:30. She woke up at 10:30 though literally the minute I had finished pumping.... figures. So I let her nurse which she wasn't impressed with and had to give her a few ounces from a bottle. She went back down until 1:30 then 4 something and I just kept her in bed with me. Around 7am she was really grunty and fidgety but I rode it out and she slept in until 9am... I'm hoping she's feeling rested and no longer over tired after all the rest she's gotten! I'm also really tired of the early morning hours/light sleep. I've been really bad lately and just pop her on the boob and she just comfort nurses... but its been beating up my nipples pretty badly. This might be our next habit to break.

4. winniebee

@cvbee: When I used to pump in the middle of the night, I couldn't get on the internet b/c like you I wouldn't be able to sleep after. I think you should go dramatic and get the bangs...have fun!

@LAGS: I hear you on the light sleep. I feel like I wake up to a pin drop these days. Hope you guys get rest today : )

5. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@winniebee: Aww poor little guy! I don't think you should feel too guilty about giving him the dairy milk, it's much better to know for sure especially before you start introducing other stuff! 5 months is a great amount of time for breastfeeding, especially since I only made it 6ish weeks! Good job Oh and I would never, never, ever be able to cut dairy out...I'm addicted to cheese so major props to you!

@cvbee: Good luck with the haircut! You should post before and after pictures!

Thanks for all your answers regarding the shots, I guess I'm just nervous that I won't know when he really needs the medicine but it sounds like you just know and it's mother's intuition!

A few weeks back I was having a lot of the same sleep issues that you ladies were/are having. He used to sleep through the night occasionally (10 or 11+ hours straight) but usually would sleep 8pm-somewhere between 2 and 4 am then back asleep until 8ish. Then it all changed and he was up constantly, wouldn't let us put him down to sleep and spent a lot of nights in our bed. Anyways, I wanted to say that we've gotten through it thank goodness. The days I'm with him I get him to nap (I'm the only one who can get him to do so) 3 or 4 times and I started putting him to bed around 7pm and it's helped so much. Last night he slept from 7pm-4am went in our bed (really need to stop that) and slept until 9am. He was talking a little in our bed around 7am but I just ignored him and he fell back asleep! I'm really hoping that what we went through was the sleep regression otherwise I might go crazy if it happens again!

I think I might be getting a cold I've never been sick while I've had Holden and I'm nervous about juggling a baby while sick if I am. Holden and I are walking down to the cemetery later with my parents to set a stone at my brother's grave. I'm glad because it's been 10 months and he hasn't had one, it'll be nice to have something to look at and memorialize him

6. regberadaisy

GOLD / wonderful pomegranate / 28905 posts

@winniebee: aww don't feel guilty!! I hope my post didn't seem that way. you're doing great!

@cvbee: So cute about your husband! Go short! So much easier with a baby. But still long enough for a ponytail.

Sorry all, on my phone, so hard to respond to all.
    Getting a sore throat and feeling fatigued which are my first signs of a cold. Blegh. Hard trying to not smother M w/kisses!!!
    Anyone know if airborne is ok with BFing? It's all vitamins....

7. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

@Mrsdaredevil: that sounds awesome! DS is on a rolling and tummy time strike! all he wants is to do is sit up...

@cvbee: DS loves his exersaucer! he's getting much better at playing with things and when he's trying to play and concentrating really hard his sticks his tongue out and purses his lips...so cute!

@pastemoo: we started G on rice cereal first. he was unsure at first and didn't eat much(his ped told us to start with a 1/4 cup) but now he's eating the full bowl 2 times a day. and yesterday he had peas(not a big fan) and today he tried squash(big fan!)

@winniebee: oh no! hopefully he'll be feeling better soon and start sleeping better again.

@cram88: i wouldn't feel guilty about not trying to swaddle again. the only reason we tried was because we were trying to transition him from his carseat to his pack and play(he slept in our room the first 4 months). we wanted to make sure he was still 'tight' and it worked(thankfully) now we just need to find the right time to wean the swaddle! lol

@regberadaisy: hopefully you don't get too bad. it's the weather change...i haven't been feeling like myself lately. hoping it doesn't get too bad.

last night went much better sleeping. i think what the problem was, is that he was taking a nap from 6:30-7:30 those past few nights and i think that just messed him up. yesterday i kept him awake and he did much better. we put him to bed at 9 because DH works late so i like to have him there to help put him to bed and do his nighttime routine. solids are going good too! he started with rice cereal for about a week and a half, with some baby yogurt a couple times. yesterday we added a veggie, which was peas...he didn't seem to like them, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest. when i was pregnant my biggest food aversion was green veggies(especially cooked ones) so we are gonna have to work on that, he's getting what he didn't eat yesterday today lol. this morning he tried squash and really seemed to like it. he at a bowl of cereal and almost the entire thing of squash, plus the rest of his bottle...oh i've got a little piggie! lol

8. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@winniebee: Don't feel guilty! Why do you feel guilty? You didn't do anything wrong and you did a lot of hard things to make sure T got milk for as long as possible. You are a ROCKSTAR with nothing to feel guilty about.

@cvbee: I love your haircut! Glad you are enjoying it. And it helps with the massive shedding--feels like slightly less now (for me, at least). So glad CIO is working out for you!

We are doing a modified CIO and I am pretty happy with it. We get 4 wake ups but the first one is 60 to 90 minutes after he goes to bed--he will not nurse at bedtime so he wakes up hungry. I'm OK with it, though--it means I get 60-90 minutes to hang out alone.

Today was horrendous! The only thing that stopped him crying was bathtime--and he eventually started crying there, too. Not sure if it was the shots or not (and I didn't give him Tylenol because his leg didn't seem to hurt him much). I put him to bed just now (6pm!) instead of 7 30.... took 5 minutes of crying and a pacifier and he is OUT.

Anyone pray with their baby before bedtime? I always feel weird because I know that when we do it, he will still be awake again and I wonder if I picked the wrong time.... I mean there is no "wrong" time to pray but it's confusing since I don't know if he's out for the night or will be up in 10 minutes....

@LAGS: She slept till 9am after all that? That's pretty cool! The latest G has ever slept is 7 30 and that was AWESOME.

@cram88: You have gotten 10 hours straight? That is amazing! Of course it must make it worse when you no longer get it.... I hope your 10 hour stretches are back for good.
    I'm glad you get to visit your brother and his new stone today. I hope the visit went well and I hope you could feel his love when you visited.

@regberadaisy: I can't figure out if airborne is Ok with BFing.

@sarbear: How big is the full bowl? I thought we would only try a tablespoon at a time.
    I think this is so funny but DH really does not want to try purees at all. He's OK with rice cereal but otherwise everything he says lines up with everything I've read about baby led weaning.

9. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@cvbee: oh my gosh!!! I am sooo glad it worked for you!! woohoo. That is so great. Turns out we're an extinction family too - he just got made using the ferber method, or the pick up/put down method. Any of the "gentle" methods were worse than extinction lol

10. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@Coco Bee: that is exactly what happened for me too; the 'gentle' stuff was like torturing him / teasing and mine got madder from that stuff too...no 'calming down' from reassurance. Now bedtime is heaven (zero cry) and I'm not constantly wondering when he's going to wakeup.

@pastemoo: Cool that you pray with your baby. I've started wondering when we should start that....maybe your comment here is my prayerspiration. We do books before bed and we have some prayer baby books, so I try to add those when it's bedtime. We can hardly even take him to church these days because we live in a small town, so mass is at 10am Sunday or 4:30pm Saturday, and we live 20 minutes away. Those times are both usually prime nap times, so now we're only going if the timing works out, which is hardly ever. When he was just a wee guy we could go every week because he'd just sleep in the sling.

11. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@sarbear: It's kind of funny that we let them have or do lots of things that we eventually wean them off from haha

@pastemoo: Well the 10 hours straight has only happened a few times but he does typically sleep his first stretch 7 or 8 hours straight and has since about 10 weeks...we've been pretty lucky!

@cvbee: I'm impatient... what'd you do with your hair?!?

I was nervous about bedtime tonight because Holden napped from 5:15-6:45 (he never naps that long) and bedtime is usually at 7. I played with him for a little bit, gave him a bath, fed him, put him in his crib and he was out like a light by 7:45! Hopefully it doesn't mean he'll be up a lot tonight! I almost wonder if he's getting a cold...he's had lots of boogers, increased coughing, sleeping more and was a little bit fussy at times today

12. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@cram88: So I got the length taken up to the collar-bone and got swoopy side-bangs. Feeling so trim and neat and tidy. I loved when Nico used to hold onto the ends of my hair as a newborn, but by now it was starting to feel gross and all baby-barfed on, not to mention falling-out. It was such a treat to just go and have someone work on my hair while DH took baby.

13. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@cvbee: Sounds like a nice haircut I hate the hair pulling, at this age at least, it's like a game for him...he giggles while I try to release his grip! I bet it was nice to just do something by yourself! I realized today that I have not been home alone once since I had Holden, I wonder if that's a normal thing?

Oh and since you mentioned your hair falling out... isn't the postpartum shedding awful? I think it's my least favorite postpartum thing... I have the hairline bald spots, can't wait for it to grow back!

14. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

@pastemoo: right now a 'full' bowl is 1/4 cup of rice cereal and about 2-3 ounces of formula mixed together. That is how much our ped said to start with, but said he may only take a tablespoon or two...I've got a big baby and he eats the whole thing lol

15. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@cvbee: I pray with him while he nurses right before bedtime He always looks up at me, or else falls asleep while praying. It's so sweet and I look forward to the day he will pray himself

We go to church even though it's smack dab in the middle of nap time. As long as he isn't miserable, then I'm okay with it. Last week he fell asleep in the caregiver's arms. It was so cute. They have a bassinet the babies can sleep in, so I just pump a bottle and asked them to put him to sleep.

your haircut sounds awesome!! pics?!?!

@cram88: I have those annoying little hairs along my hairline - have you seen those?! sooo awful and they are multiplying, it's harder to hide them with my bangs.

16. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@sarbear: Cool. My G is probably about the size of yours. 16lb 14oz (and he hadn't eaten in ages so I'm guessing he hovers right around 17lb depending on if he just ate or peed) at 4 month check up. So maybe my G will also be a big eater. I promised DH to wait until he has a day off so we can do food together.
    I go to synagogue despite naptime. I usually bring him in a carrier and have to go in and out and shush and bounce him a lot. Services are usually 3 hours, so if I have to leave to feed him I don't miss the whole thing. And he LOVES the singing and has been known to "sing" with everyone which is hilarious!

@cram88: The shedding is the WORST and the real reason I cut my hair. Well, that and the puke-in-the-hair. I hate the shedding and hope it ends ASAP.

LOL @prayerspiration.

17. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

@pastemoo: yeah my G was 16lbs 12oz at his 4 month appointment. Those G babies are big babies lol he's definitely a good eater. Which I guess is a good thing

18. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@Coco Bee: @pastemoo: Maybe now that we have 'solved' the whole sleep thing I should head back to 4:30 Saturday mass, since I'm not as concerned about nap 3. It's a plan! He does LOVE it in the church, especially the singing. And we love going with him. Done. Thanks ladies.

Here is my hair, sorry about the sideways pic:

19. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

Just bought Nico a Halloween costume! He is going to be a monkey! (Old Navy) While I was online I also ordered two microfleece hoodies (brown bear with ears, and an owl head), and two pairs of microfleece pants too. Bring on the cold! This is also a bit of a big deal because I haven't bought Nico clothes yet...we've been pretty lucky with the gifts and hand-me-downs. Hey, does anyone know how the Old Navy stuff fits? I bought the 6-12 month size, which is what Nico seems to be wearing for everything (or 6 months, or 9 months), but just wondering if it's a 'big' 6-12 or a 'small' 6-12. I've noticed Gap's are big, so I was thinking it might be the same?

20. winniebee

@cvbee: your hair looks great!!!! I'm not sure if it is a help but T is wearing 3-6 old navy today and the onesie he has room to grow. He is 12 lbs

Naps today and sleep last night sucked though we are visitng family so hard to know of it's just unfamiliar surroundings. Considering CIO later this week as the naps and bedtime are the real problem. I'm ok with him waking 2x a night bc he usually goes back down ok. Also tried him on special formula today and he took it down no problem....better than milk actually.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

21. winniebee

@cram88: hope your nigh went ok!!!

22. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@winniebee: so glad the formula was easily accepted. phew

23. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@Coco Bee: @pastemoo: I hope the shedding ends ASAP too! I always tell my husband that I wish I was pregnant again just so I wouldn't have to deal with this. It's getting harder and harder to hide the bald spots and it will be interesting to see the different phases of growing back!

@cvbee: The haircut looks great! I love that monkey costume, I look at it every time I'm in there...so cute

@winniebee: Yay on the formula! Must be a relief!

The night went fine. He slept from 7:45 to 3:30am, I fed him and he went back down easily...guess he was just really tired.

Today I've been keeping track of his naps and feedings. I really want to see how much he's eating and how often, I don't usually pay too much attention. So far he's averaging about 3 oz. a feeding every 2.5-3 hours. That seems low to me but I'm not entirely sure as there seems to be a lot of different said on google but it seems like it should be roughly 5-6oz. When they get bottles how many ounces do your little ones typically take?

Holden has been rolling back and forth like crazy today, he has been doing it 2 or 3 times in a row all day! He first rolled over at 2 weeks and did it maybe 1 out of 4 times until about 2 months when he started doing it every time! He rolls both ways too. Did anyone else have an early roller?

24. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@cram88: good to know that it's cute in real life...I am an online-only shopper!

I have a late roller and we barely bottle feed so I can't help you there.

25. winniebee

@cram88: wow great rolling skills! t just learned to do belly to back. He eats about 5 oz of breastmilk (not sure if it will be different with formula) about every 3.5:4 hrs during the day with a little top of before bed so probably about 26 oz a day....he's almost 12 lbs. I think smaller babies just don't take in as much. Sometimes he takes 3 oz and the other 2 oz right before his nap though.

Edit - I forgot about one of Ts night wakings - not sure how! I think he probably drinks closer to 30 oz a day but it really does vary.

26. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

Got decent sleep last night, with the first stretch longer than 3 hours for the first time in weeks (9:30-3:30). I am seriously hoping for a repeat tonight! and, although she wouldn't let me put her down for naps, she did take them so I got extra netflix time today. Watching Gossip Girl which I have never watched before and now I am hooked. Also, I have the urge to wear knee high boots, headbands, and lots of plaids!! Ha.

27. winniebee

@bpcmarj: yay for sleeeeep!!!!

T took only naps on my mom today and in the car. He was a bear by the time we got home but went down like a dream at 745...must mean I am in for it tonite!

28. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@sarbear: My G is usually a really good eater, too.
    @cvbee: I don't know much about sizes--we mostly just have Carters (gifts, or from the thrift shop) and they are pretty true to size for G even though he's really huge. I have heard that Gap and Old Navy both run small. Can you return them if they're too small?
    We need to buy some cold weather stuff, too. Or I need to crochet faster!
    @winniebee: Glad the introduction to formula went so well. Sounds like a huge relief!
    Good luck tonight!
    @cram88: Glad you got some sleep. Yay for rolling! How cute! Are you all baby proofed yet? G rolled for the first time today! It probably doesn't count--he was on his side facing his baby friend and they both kind of rolled into their bellies and were touching hands/pushing each other. Then they BOTH rolled over (away from each other)! It was adorable! The other baby has rolled over before but doesn't do it all that often.

@bpcmarj: Hah! Gossip girl! Glad you got some sleep--hope you get more tonight!

29. Mrs. Sunglasses

GOLD / pomelo / 5167 posts

Oh my, I've missed out on so many things. This theads moves way too quickly! Okay I'll try and catch up on the current page.

@cvbee: Yay! A haircut is awesome. I went a few days before the baptism and it was a luxury I totally missed. Alone time, getting pampered. Hope you enjoyed it. I need to start CIO with Sienna. It worked wonders with Mavrick and I think its time with her too. She's up way too many times a night and "prefers" sleeing in my bed... egh bad habit. So glad it worked out for you...

@LAGS: I'm guilty of comfort nursing at night too. Egh. I'm with you on breaking the habit but sometimes you do what you got to do. Are you planning on doing any type of sleep training?

@cram88: Oh so happy the sleep went back to what it used to. I realized that Sienna has a patch of bad sleep because we entered the wakeful period. Definitely not fun. I hope like you it passes fast! Getting sick sucks... but if you are EBF (I don't remember if you are) it will definitely pass on the antibodies to bebe!

@sarbear: Sienna has been taking a weird 6:45-7:45 nap too. I think I might have to try and keep her awake, but it's tough seeing I'm solo trying to take care of Mavrick.

@bpcmarj: Yay for sleep! Ah if it's not Sienna who's sleeping horribly, it's Mavrick because of a cold. Honestly who needs sleep?! So over-rated

30. Mrs. Sunglasses

GOLD / pomelo / 5167 posts

Things on my end. Sleep has gone to okay to horrible but I realized that Sienna is in the wakeful period. This is just about when I told myself (with Mavrick) that I would sleep train and did it 1 week later. So I think that's the next step. I've done CIO with Mavi and it worked... hopefully it will be okay with Sienna because she either comfort nurses or ends up in our bed.

Sienna had her 4 month appointement and shes 15.5 lbs and not sure about her height but I know she's in the 80 percentile for both! I have big babies. ha! Seeing she's going well on breastmilk I don't see any rush to start feeding her solids. For MAvrick it was a whole other story (he started at 3 months) crazy how 1 child is different than another.

She still hasn't rolled over. Definitely slower than her brother on that front, but I'm not worried. She's too busy wanting to stand up and talking!

Sienna's baptism went rather well. It went by crazy fast and boy was it FREEZING!!! I didn't have a chance to take pictures so luckily some friends & family members did. This is my favorite picture of baby girl and mama!

31. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@pastemoo: yeah, if they turn out too small I could for sure order the bigger size and return the small ones....we'll even be driving down into the cities for (Canadian) Thanksgiving, so that would be before Halloween, but I didn't want to wait til then to shop, as I expect everything would be picked-over.

@Mrs. Sunglasses: You look so beautiful and happy! (hot hair cut by the way) I missed you! A sleep-regression vetran: extra glad to have you around to tell us that you made it through.

Re: sleeping and siblings being different. My friend has a 3 year old and a 7 month old, and her 7 month old sleeps better (longer stretches) than her 3 year old. I just about died thinking about being up in the night every night for three years, but I guess when you're a parent you just do what you've got to do.

This is a bit gross, but last night I heard my dog running around downstairs. She's normally very very quiet in the house and never runs around. I thought since she had caught a snake that day that maybe it just got her all excited and she was playing because of that.....nope: my husband said when he woke up she had pooped on the floor! I guess she had to go and got all worked up about it and that's why she was running around. She must be sick, as this has never happened before (maybe the snake got her sick?). (She is mostly husky so she doens't bark to communicate with us). Well, I felt bad for not going to check things out with her. I'm glad Nico is not crawling yet because even though DH says he cleaned the spot up with a bleach wipe, I'd hate to have a baby touch that spot today. No tummy time in the kitchen today!

Happy Monday to everyone. Hope you had great weekends.

32. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@winniebee: I guess it makes sense that smaller babies eat less but in my head I feel like they should eat more to catch up haha I think his total ounce number is okay so I'm going to stop worrying about it for the time being and see what the doctor has to say one week from today!

@winniebee: I hope your night went well!

@pastemoo: I haven't really babyproofed yet other than covering outlets. Oh and I already broke everything breakable when I was pregnant, I was such a klutz! Yayy for rolling! That sounds so cute. Holden is just starting to interact or be interested in other babies lately and It's so fun to watch. One of my best friends has a giant baby, he's 2.5 months older, and all he wants to do is eat Holden!

@Mrs. Sunglasses: We are very guilty of the baby in bed with us every morning as well That's a beautiful picture from the baptism, I'm glad it went well!

33. winniebee

@cvbee: reward re doggy! Hope he is better today!

@mrssunglasses: that pic is precious!!

Tyler must have heard me threatening CIO because he went down like a dream last night and slept 3 then 6.5(!!!!!) then 1.5. Best part was his long stretch coincided with me. That's his best sleep in at least a month.

Anyone elses baby blowing raspberries all day long???? It's all he does!

34. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

Remember how I said Holden was rolling around like crazy yesterday? Well what's cute and fun in the day is not so cute or fun at night! He's slept on his side pretty much since he was born, I remember asking the doctor about it at his 2 week appointment and she said as long as it wasn't his stomach it was fine. Well anyways last night he kept flipping to his tummy then eventually waking up mad about it and crying! He did it probably 5 times before I gave up and put him in the rock and play, which I hate because we worked so hard to get him out of there! Now I have to figure out how to deal with this, but I've got no ideas haha

Talking about him sleeping on his side reminded me of this super cute picture we took when he was just over 2 weeks old

35. duckduckkristen

clementine / 959 posts

Anyone thinking of TTC number two yet? DH has wanted to try since Liam was born (ha!) but I'm still nursing and no AF, so who knows when I would get pregnant. I have an appointment for a pap next month and if that goes well I think we may pull the goalie. At this point I think I was more comfortable pregnant than I am post partum! The hair loss and joint pain is aweful!

36. winniebee

@cram88: That pictures is just adorable! My baby is a side sleeper now, too.

@duckduckkristen: Power to you for thinking about it! We aren't anywhere near thinking about that yet - my husband is still in residency and just one kid is crazy for us right now (and I haven't even gone back to work yet)! We'll probably start in a year so that the kids are 2 years apart (and so that #2 arrives after DH is done with his fellowship).

37. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

Downfall to Audrey's 7 hour sleep stretches - diaper leaks. I went to Target to get some overnight diapers, but they start at size 3. We're still well within the size 2 diapers and when I tried putting a 3 on her one day, it was huge and I think it woud leak because it's way too big.

Any ideas on how to bridge the night-diaper gap? We're currently using Pampers Baby Dry size 2.

38. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@Goldilocks1107: It sounds weird and maybe it just varies by baby but Holden wears the same diaper from roughly 7pm-7am and we just use normal Luvs and never have any leaks. We had been using a box of Huggies that my friend had leftover for a few weeks and they leaked every single night. It just seems weird to me because Luvs are pretty cheap but they work the best for us!

39. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@duckduckkristen: That's exciting that you are feeling ready and are close to trying again! I am however nowhere close to #2 yet. I have the Nexplanon and the general plan is to have it removed December 2013 and try in the beginning of 2014 but to be honest lately I've been thinking that's too soon even. But in all reality our plan was to to TTC #1 starting this month and obviously that didn't happen so we'll see.

40. winniebee

@Goldilocks1107: We use pampers baby dry size 2 also....and have had leaks if I don't change him overnight. So, at his first wake, I change him. Oddly, he's been sleeping a short 3 hour stretch, then his longest stretch, then another short stretch. I only change him once and he's fine. Maybe try double diapering?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee