Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2012 Baby Thread!!

1. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@bpcmarj: Good luck with the rocking instead: sounds like a good plan.

2. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@bpcmarj: she's in 3 month and 3-6 month clothes. I just want her in 6 month clothes already because I'm so tired of her 3 month clothes. They're all hand-me-downs or summer stuff that she can't really wear now. The hand-me-downs are all of the onesies with pants which I am not a fan of. Blah. We have a ton of cute stuff in the 6 month range, she just needs to get a liiiiittle bit bigger to fit into it.

3. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

@bpcmarj: We're going with 12 month hoodies (we also bought a few 6-9 month ones at a consignment sale to get us through fall). And she fits in some 12 month pants (she's about 27 inches and 14 lbs). I went through our tote of "future" clothes and pulled out everything that wasn't a "T" size (like 2T) and put it in her dresser. I think we'll have enough winter clothes to get us through most of the season, and I'm hoping to find clearance items in January if she keeps up this pace! Lots of layering is my plan!

4. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

@mediagirl: I still have summer stuff that people bought me for my shower in 3-6 and 6-9 that she hasn't worn yet! We thought she was going to be SO much bigger than she was/is. I am hoping to find turtleneck onsies to wear under some of her tunic/tank outfits that still fit but are out of season! I know what you mean about being sick of some clothes though:)

@Goldilocks1107: The last batch of handmedowns I got had a bunch of hoodies, so I think if I get some basic onsies and pants, she will be mostly OK for the fall. Since we live in New England I am so nervous that one day it will just be winter and I won't be prepared and will have to keep her indoors! haha. You must be having an even harder time since Audrey is even skinnier than Penny. I think I will need to learn how to sew and add material onto all of her things, or add buttons to adjust the waist in her pants. If only I were crafty like that!

5. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@bpcmarj: I have a bitty baby that still wears some newborns so I don't think I count but I actually bought a lot of stuff last season for this winter so hopefully that'll help some and we'll buy as we go for the rest. Our biggest problem is we weren't expecting him to be so small so we have a lot of summer clothes that he never got to wear and I'm worried that might happen with the winter stuff we have as well!

6. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

For you mamas with baby summer stuff that you never got LO to wear, I've got a great idea: mid-winter tropical vacation!!!!

7. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@cvbee: I like the way you think! Wish we had the $$$$ He never fit into his bathing suit so I'm planning on taking him to a pool just so he can wear it!

8. LAGS

clementine / 916 posts

@cram88: Yay, glad it worked for you guys too. I'd heard someone doing it here on HB and tried it.

@MsMini: As I'm sitting here in my filthy house that I just can't get motivated to clean... I'm jealous of your organizing! It really is crazy how quickly the cost of organizing gear adds up. I'm trying to budget for some pull out drawers/organizers for some of our cabinetry and our pantry. Hope your appointment goes well!

@cvbee: A's eyes get glued to it too... I feel guilty but sometimes its so cute. She'll see a close up of a person and "talk" to them or smile.

@bcpmarj: A is in either 3 month or 3-6 now. I went and bought a few warmer pieces for her the other day, Some 3 month to have now and some 6. I'm just planning to buy as I go. I'm worried I'll buy too much now and by winter she'll have grown less/more than I anticipated.

9. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

@cvbee: Oh yes, let's dream about that! Does NC at Thanksgiving count as tropical?! Not really, I guess...haha.

@LAGS: Glad I am not the only one unorganized. I have been wanting to go on an ikea shopping spree for organization for years but we just can't seem to get the extra money together...something else always comes up. I am to the point that I think I just need to start getting rid of things. I am a mild pack rat! haha. We also live in a pretty small 2 bedroom apartment, so space is at a premium! Her walker, swing, Rock N Play, etc take up so much space!

10. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@bpcmarj: T still mostly wears Carters 3 months and the rest he's moved into 3-6. About to move into 6 month sleepers Pants he could wear Carters 6 months. We have a few summer outfits he never got to wear bc they were too big : (

@cram88: odd how our guys are almost the same size but wear stuff differently!

@lags: meant to respond that T does not sleep with a paci but needs to suck to get sleepy so takes a bottle before bed and paci at nap time ( which he usually spits out when asleep)

11. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@MsMini: I understand how you feel about the sleep. It can be so discouraging. On the bright side, at least you are able to get stuff done with his long naps! My good girl friend has a baby who takes three hour naps, but gets up every two hours at nighttime. I hope you find a solution soon. And I still can't believe that about your jeans.. what I would do to just go down one size!!!

@cvbee: that is such a good idea!! We have a bunch of three to six month summer clothes that she never got to wear!

@bcpmarj: I am planning on buying her some long sleeves and sweaters in 3three to six for fall. We have a ton of nine month winter clothes, but I don't see those fitting her until at last february since she is mostly wearing 0 to 3 right now.

12. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

And wanted to report willa had a 10.5 hour stretch last night!!!!

13. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@Mrsdaredevil: I bought all 6-12 mos and 9 mos items for winter, and all of a sudden this week it got cold and all of his sweaters and jeans are too big!! ahhh!! But his summer clothes fit perfectly. He is still in 3-6 mos as well. But I can't bring myself to buy any 3-6 mos winter items because I'm not sure he'll fit in them for longer than a month or two... I'm hoping he fits into his other stuff soon! Lately he's been having to wear baggy clothes lol

ETA: I started a thread last night that we're starting CIO again because Cobi is having trouble going down to bed again. So we did CIO last night and he cried for about half an hour and then fell asleep. It was a really great night though - he woke up at 11pm, but didn't cry or anything. He literally just laid in his bed with his eyes open, it was so funny. He laid there for about 15 minutes before falling back asleep. Funny kid. Then he slept until 7:15am! So he had another night of fully STTN. It has been happening about once a week now and I'm thrilled!

14. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@winniebee: That is kind of odd, especially since Holden is taller... I should say that it definitely depends upon brands as well. Someone had gotten him a onesie from Washington D.C that said 6 months and he grew out of it a month ago! It was so tiny!

15. Mrs. Pen

On another note I've been so pleased with my weight loss journey. I've been working out a lot and eating decently. It took me 6.5 months to lose all the baby weight and now I'm striving for another 20-25 lbs in addition. I'm not overweight but not where I want to be.

There were many plateaus the last 7 months, and it got discouraging. I'm so glad I just kept working hard! It has paid off.

16. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@Coco Bee: Congratulations! That's awesome. I gained 16 pounds and lost it right away but it sure doesn't look the same as before so I'd love to lose another 20-30 lbs! What do you do as far as working out? I have a gym membership but find it impossible to go regularly because my husband doesn't have a set schedule!

17. Mrs. Pen

@cram88: I don't go regularly either because it all depends on LO's sleep schedule. Which changes frequently! They offer free childcare at my gym so I take advantage of that.

I love going to the classes at my gym, pilates, ripped, zumba, body step etc. They are more motivating and push me to actually do a whole workout for an hour.

If I go when there is no class going on, I run for a little bit - I'm trying to build up my endurance. I was never a runner so at this point I can only run .60 miles at 4.5 hours. But then I do an additional 1-2 miles on the elliptical. I do a rotation of weight machines such as rowing, lat pulldown, pushdown, weight squats and a few arm weight rotations. I also try to add in some ball or floor exercises that I learned from my pilates class.

So in general I keep it varied - I do a lot of cardio during classes and when I don't do classes, I just do a little cardio and lots of weights.

18. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

more about the clothes: like goldi, I plan to do a lot of layering. He'll still wear his t-shirt onesies (which we have a MILLION of), and jeans/trackpants and a hoodie or cardigan sweater, which we actually have a few of. I didn't feel like we had quite enough hoodies nor trackpants (which I like him to wear around the house for comfort) so when I ordered the Halloween costume I also ordered 2 pairs of microfleece pants, and 2 microfleece hoodies (one with bear ears, one with an owl face.....too cute). Then we have the snowsuit to go over all that for our walks. We have 2 snowsuits (Canada!), and believe it or not I've already had him in one, over his pjs, for our pre-bed walk a couple of times! My guy is in the 6-12 month range already, and that size is pretty forgiving, I find.

Time to get ready for Mom and Baby Group outing!!!

19. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

Man last time I checked the thread it was at page 39....
    Yesterday G had a rough day, very cranky and irritable. I have no idea what his problem is on Tuesdays, but he hates them lol but on the plus he slept from 9pm til 7 this morning without a single wake up, which is great because he had been waking us up very 30 mins to an hour the last 2 weeks. It was heaven lol

@Coco Bee: we don't have play dates. I don't have any mommy friends with babies G age. One day...

20. duckduckkristen

clementine / 959 posts

@Coco Bee: yay for weight loss! I have 4 lbs left to lose and not budging the scale. All the pizza and microwave crap I've been eating since we are without a kitchen hasn't helped. Only a few more days til I have a kitchen and then it's cooking healthy meals again!

Liam is in 3-6 and 6 months clothes at almost 5 months. He's probably about 16.5 lbs and 26 inches now. He wears mostly Carter's and I've found they are a bit longer than other brands. I think at 6 months he'll be in his 9 month clothes. I've already found that some of the 9 month clothes we have are short sleeve, which won't work for fall/winter, so I bought some long sleeve onesies to go underneath so that way he can still wear them.

Today is our babysitters 3rd day with Liam (I have her come once a week) and it is going soooo much better! He only cried a couple times this morning and stopped the second I held him. Haha. I got to go to the grocery store alone today and have gotten so much done! The inlaws are coming later today so hopefully by the end of the day ill have knocked out my whole to-do list (well, except for cleaning, but I'm not going to even contemplate that till the construction is done)!

Oh and Liam slept another 12 straight hour night so I am well rested and happy now too!

I mentioned before that we want to start trying for number two pretty soon, but still no AF. I'm actually kind of sad about it because I'm afraid it will take a long time to get pregnant and it happened so fast the first time. I guess it's better for Liam that I not get pregnant for awhile in case my milk dries up, but I'm so ready for another and I'd rather be pregnant than post partum!

Here is a photo of the oh so close but not quite done kitchen:

21. Mrs. Pen

@duckduckkristen: what a gorgeous kitchen!!! I LOVE it!

22. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

@duckduckkristen: loooooooove the kitchen! Can't wait to see when it's all done! It's freaking huge! So jealous!

23. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

Just saw this on Pinterest, a funny way to think about all our sleep problems haha

http://www.someecards.com/usercards/viewcard/MjAxMi0zYWI1MWNmM2EyMzgzMGQ2

24. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

I am just taking a breather before a busy afternoon, we are doing a Stars and Strollers movie with a girl I "met" in another May Mommies group, then we have the doctors appointment.

Last night we did better for sleep, two 4 1/2 hour stretches of sleep, and another 2 hours this morning, then Sawyer went down for a nap after just an hour of being awake. I will have to get him up soon so we can make the movie though (hate waking up from naps but you have to do it sometimes).

@LAGS: We have been in our house for 3 years talking about organizing these things, we just never had the time. Now that I am home so much it bugs me more/during naptimes I have time! I have a big list of stuff to go pick up, I am thinking I will have everything shaped up by the end of October.

@duckduckkristen: Your kitchen is huge!

@Coco Bee: Congratulations on the weight loss! I was so looking forward to baby and mommy fit swim class this fall, and they cancelled it With Sawyer being such a Mommy cling-on, I can't do much other then pop out some exercises during his nap, and take him for walks.

@Mrsdaredevil: Thanks, I think we are slowly getting better! Don't be too jealous of my weight loss, I am still plus sized, so I think it is easier to drop weight, plus you still look a hundred times better than me. I am motivated to work on it though.

@bpcmarj: We bought a few sweaters and thermal long sleeved onesies from Carters. Once the snow hits the ground, we are going to order a fleece snow suit from MEC. We are on the fence about a big puffy snowsuit. It isn't safe to use them in the carseat, and we can layer blankets over the fleece snowsuit for walks. That being said, we plan to layer with babylegs under pants, a pair of winter booties from robeez that we bought, sweaters and long sleeved onesies, and we keep being gifted cute toques (we have about 5 different adorable toques).

@Goldilocks1107: I'm sorry you had a rough night as well.

25. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@cram88: I love that e-card! I have told my DH that I plan to exact revenge on Sawyer when he is a teenager by going into his room every hour and blowing an airhorn for a few days!

26. duckduckkristen

clementine / 959 posts

@bpcmarj: @MsMini: it used to be half that size but we added a wall of cabinets

@cram88: hahahaha omg.

27. LAGS

clementine / 916 posts

@bpcmarj: Oh so am I! We've moved so much lately our basement has like two dozen rubbermaid containers full of stuff I haven't unpacked in years. Why I keep it is a mystery.

@winniebee: That's my one challenge. A likes to have the paci until she drifts off. She rips it out all the time when unswaddled. I tried yesterday and she ended up with a few nice scratches on her face too. Silly baby,

@Mrsdaredevil: Wow!! 10.5? That's amazing! I think the longest we've ever had is 8 and change.

@Coco Bee: Congrats for all your hard work! I'm sure you'll meet your goal in no time!

@duckduckkristen: Maybe if Liam keeps those sleeps up you'll see AF return? Seems a lot of women do when their LOs drop their overnight feedings. Your kitchen is gorgeous... and huuuge!! It makes mine look like a shoebox!! All that counter space... ahh!

@cram88: haha love that! I'll have to show my husband, I think he'd appreciate it too!

This morning I roasted some butternut squash and just spent A's nap making her some puree... it took everything in me not to eat all the squash, yum! Most of it made it into the processor!

These solid food poops are getting old fast. We've had three now and I officially miss her ebf poops. These are stinky and sticky. The only upside is its hilarious to watch her poop now... she gets all rigid with her hands out to the side and sits there grunting.

28. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

@duckduckkristen: Ooh, the kitchen looks fabulous!

@bpcmarj: Audrey has sun dresses she hasn't worn yet. I'm also thinking tights/leggings + hoodie/long-sleeved onesie will work well to "transition" her to her winter wardrobe, while still getting to wear all the cute summer things! And I bought a fleece car seat cover so we can take her out and about even if her outfit isn't weather appropriate (I'm not planning to buy a winter coat - we'll see if that's fools' logic).

29. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Coco Bee: Sorry you had to do CIO again but it seems it paid off already!?

@duckduckkristen: LOVE the kitchen - jealous!!

@cram88: Too funny!!!

@Mrsdaredevil: That's awesome, way to go Willa!

I plan to do a lot of layering as well. I think we need more cardigan / hoodies but I figure when he's out and about in the carseat he'll have the bundleme....and then we do have one fleece jacket for fall.

T went from a baby who wouldn't sleep on me to a baby that will ONLY sleep on me (minus car seat naps). It's kind of cute, but a terrible habit and I hope it's just a phase b/c he used to be a decent napper (in his swing, but still!) Since we have had good night sleep the past several nights, I'm hesitant to just let him cry it out for naps, but I may have to go there next week if this continues....

30. Mrs. Pen

@winniebee: oh I know right! I am always amazed when i wake up and realize I didn't get up in the middle of the night! The hard part is just going down, but after that he's all sunshine and rainbows
    Sadly his naps are lacking today, but I'm not worried about it since he is happy and slept so well last night

31. regberadaisy

GOLD / wonderful pomegranate / 28905 posts

Ready for the continuing saga of horrible bedtime? Last night bath time at 6:45. Ensue crying/screaming from 7ish till about my husband got home from work at 9ish. 1 teething tablet at 7 did nothing. Gripe water at about 8:45. She finally calmed down about 9 don't know if it was my husband being home or the gripe water. Fell asleep about 10 for a bit. Woke up crying about midnight and would not stop. My husband convinced me to try CIO again. Cried for 15 minutes and fell asleep till 7:33am. I don't know if it was the CIO or over exhaustion. And tonight? Cranky about 6 so I nursed thinking she'll take a nap. She fell asleep about 6:14 kept sleeping till 7 when the dog woke her up. So I changed her into sleeper and nursed again thinking maybe I'll get lucky? That was at 7 and she's still asleep in my arms. Wish me luck.....

32. regberadaisy

GOLD / wonderful pomegranate / 28905 posts

@duckduckkristen: love!!!! Jealous of the double oven!!! The one thing I had to give up

33. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

I have some catching up to do! I am behind.

We were at services today for Yom Kippur and Gabriel was awful. Crying, cranky--pooped 3 times! I ran out of diapers AND clothes and ended up home early. What a day! Anyway 9pm and we're home and he is in bed. He took mini naps (5 minutes) throughout the day but tonight may be a bad night for us. Thank goodness I don't have to work tomorrow (well, currently not working at all).

34. Mrs. Pen

@regberadaisy: awww!! That's awesome she slept past 7am, but hard about getting her to sleep

@pastemoo: oh my gosh, 5 minute naps!!? that's terrible. Was he a horror as a result? Cobi would be.

35. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@LAGS: I don't have teething tablets but I saw 2 kinds at Rite Aid today (G dropped his paci when it wasn't attached to a leash so we needed a new one).

@goldilocks: I'm thinking of just using rice cereal as a "new flavor." I totally got some weird "OH, you started food already" judgement from a mom I met today (her son is 1 day older than G). It's not like he's eating a meal--it's like a half tablespoon! And so what if it was a jar?
    Re: adhesions she said if it doesn't get better there is always surgery (which is what created them in the first place)--anyway massage and Vit E for me for now.

@msmini: I hope the doctor found something good for his eczema. Poor S! Glad he's at least improving with naps. Hope night sleep comes soon.

@cvbee: Our flu shot literally just came out on Monday and I was there for G's shot anyway....

@winnie; 9 hours!!!! YES! THIS IS WHAT WE WANT! Go T!

@mediagirl: Isn't that normal? G is usually up 1-2 times before I go to bed (he usually refuses to eat at bedtime unfortunately), and then one time in the dead of the "ARE YOU KIDDING ME" night time, once in the "Is it daytime? Oh no, it's baby crying time. Wait it's still dark out!" and once in the "oh, it's morning. Wait no, that's the streetlights." And then when he finally wakes up for real (usually between 6 and 7:30) he isn't hungry. All the other times he is truly hungry but if I feed him I can kind of nap during it and put him back in his crib already asleep. And... I thought that it was actually a good thing--feels like such an improvement and I love this new schedule compared to before. Of course I'm not working so I can go to bed early if I need to (obviously not tonight)

Hope your coffee is good at least.

@bpcmarj: G is 90% for weight and head but only a little over 50% in height (I swear they measured him wrong--his med records show he got shorter from 3 months to 4 months)...anyway to answer your question he is wearing 3-6 and 6 m clothes. I could put him in 6-12s (carters) but I want to enjoy his 3-6 stuff. I can also still cram him into his 0-3 hoodie (and did just today). We only have 3 hoodies--a 0-3, a 9 and a 12. I think the 9 is too big but I never checked.

Crap. G is up...

36. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

OK so anyone else completely incapable of rocking their baby to sleep? The ONLY way to get G to sleep anymore is figure out when he is sleepy and put him in the crib. He won't sleep anywhere else--not even the swing. So... if we aren't home he won't sleep other than naps in the ergo carrier. Not even the carseat!!

Also for those with off season babies--summer clothes are good for layering! And if you buy/DIY/get handme down baby legs (leg warmers) you can use them as arm warmers with a short sleeve onsie--voila! winter onesie!

@winnie: does he make a face when he spits it out? G is suddenly addicted to his paci but he makes this funny face when he falls asleep in the carrier and his mouth hangs open and the paci is just sitting there about the fall out.

@mrsdaredevil; SLEEP! Winning!

@coco bee: Congrats on the weight loss! I am proud of you!
    My clinic (that chastised me for my weight gain) was proud of my slow but not halted weight loss when I went in yesterday. It made me feel so good about myself!

@sarbear 9-7? Amazing. Sleep is the best gift.

@duckduck k: awesome kitchen! And another 12 hours--what a champ Liam is!

@msmini: Hope you enjoy your may mommy meetup!
    LOL--I love the airhorn trick.

@LAGS Ugh. G scratched his face up today. I hate that! He was also going for the paci. He likes to take it out, put it in, take it out, chew on the side, suck on the side, turn it around.... He is so dextrous with it except in the darn car when I am completely unable to help him. He also likes to pull on the strap which sometimes pulls it out of his mouth and then he cries (which is hilarious).

@regberadaisy; ROUGH night! When that happens to us we just keep him up and watch baseball with him and try again at 9:30 or so. I only try for 30 minutes or so and if he's not starting to look drowsy I pick a new bedtime. It usually means 30 min earlier wakeup but it's what we do.

As for the cardigans--that will be my next crochet project after the vest for my nephew. I'm excited to make a my first "big" project.

37. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Well, we have a couple different meds for Sawyer's eczema, a stronger hydrocortisone cream to clear up his current patches, and a low dose oral anti-histamine that we can give daily to stop the itching and keep the eczema at bay.

I discussed the diet/eczema link, and he actually researched it for his own baby, and there is absolutely no scientific evidence linking dairy sensitivity and eczema. Dairy intolerance shows as blood in the stool (which Sawyer had a few weeks ago, mid eczema issues but has resolved). Especially considering the family history of eczema, he thinks it is far more likely to be genetic in nature. He said there is no reason for me to feel the need to try going dairy free, but if it made me feel better to try to give it a shot and then try weaning the anti-histamine. I might try to remove all major dairy sources, but I am not feeling like it will make a difference. We are also going to give cranking up our humidifier a try.

I slathered the hydrocortisone all over Sawyer's eczema areas, and gave him his first dose of anti-histamine, so hoping he has a better nights sleep tonight!

38. shortcake

apricot / 288 posts

Hey Mamas -

I feel like I get so horribly behind. I hate only being able to check in and catch up with y'all once a week, but things get so busy.

As I read the last few pages of posts, I just wonder when sleep will finally really settle into a routine for these LO's. Lulu is going to be 5 months next week and it seems like things change daily here. I have a new sleep theory every other day! When does it really get better/easier?

I was wondering if anyone has any tips or exercises they are doing with the babies to help them with their core strength and head/back control? We do tummy time obviously, but is there any thing else you are doing to help build coordination?

As for clothing, we are in mostly 3-6 or 6 month stuff now and I swear baby leg warmers and tights are the best. You can put cute tights over any onesie and they seem so cozy. When we were in Germany a few weeks ago we bought a bunch of the cutest tights for the winter, they have these little silicon nubbies on the knees, top of the feet and bottom of the feet for when she starts to crawl. And they just seem warm and cute. I also have noticed that some brands run small and we will try to avoid those in the future.

We start a new nanny share family next week so hoping that goes well.

I had a bad bout of mastitis last week so finally feeling better from that. It was awful. I really am trying to make it to my goal of 6 months of entirely breastfeeding, but I have to admit, it can not come fast enough. I am SO ready to start weaning, but going to try to make it through the next few weeks. Anyone else planning on weaning at 6 months?

Another question, does anyone have a formula they recommend? I have been looking into some organic formulas, but it seems the organic versions have high arsenic levels. I guess we have to choose between arsenic, high fructose corn syrup and pesticides!

Happy soon to be October! Yay fall.

39. LAGS

clementine / 916 posts

@regberadaisy: so strange that bedtime has been so awful yet followed by good stretches. I hope she stops resisting so much tonight.

@pastemoo: chasing dropped pacis was making me lose my mind. Huge pet peeve. Then by some small miracle A self weaned from it for when she's awake. I had a phase where I couldn't rock her to sleep a few weeks back. She fought it so bad. Now I can rock her drowsy again but ONLY by her crib. If we're out and about forget it! Oh and A does use her paci in the car... I dunno how many times I've been driving and have been blindly reaching back to pop it back in. In our car if her canopy isn't out I can reach.

@MsMini: I hope your new plan of attack helps for Sawyer! Hopefully it doesn't come down to your diet. Kind of nice that the issue is something close to home for your ped.

@shortcake: glad you're feeling better after your mastitis we just do tummy time, let her sit as best she can, assist her standing. Used to do a lot of baby situps too. I feel its really mostly been all her though. I'm not much help

I'm currently in the middle of an involuntary swaddle free night with a baby who is refusing to just go to sleep on her back. She keeps rolling to tummy, yet HATES it and can't get to sleep. Also, scratching her nails on the matress is way more fun than drifting off. I had to close her nursery door because its so loud it can wake dh up. @cvbee: she never did the matress thing now until you mentioned N doing it, jinx!

40. LAGS

clementine / 916 posts

I'm very curious about everyone's sleep stats. I wonder if there's some sort of correlation between how some LOs go to sleep and how well they sleep. Would everyone share?

A (up until tonight):
    - sleeps with paci until her night wakings, then goes back down without.
    -went to sleep totally swaddled
    -slept on back
    -could drift off on her own most times
    -best stretch has only been 8 or 8.5hrs
    -lately usually sleeps 4,3 then up frequently on early morn
    -starts night in crib. Comes in with us @ last waking.
    -ebf

If there are any other points of interest please add!

Omg I think she finally drifted of. On belly and unswaddled for first time. She better sleep in until noon!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee