Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2012 Due Date Thread

1. Mrs. Sunglasses

GOLD / pomelo / 5167 posts

@Mrsdaredevil: might I add you are BEAUTIFUL PREGNANT I just saw your maternity pics. You are glowing. Happy you took pictures because you'll miss it (being pregnant) once baby arrives

2. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@duckduckkristen: congratulations!!

3. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@duckduckkristen: Congratulations! So exciting!!

4. winniebee

@cvbee: hurray for long stretches of sleep! I am dreading our budgetary cuts, too. We have not been very good about that lately.

@nskillet: Sorry you are having a hard time with the pain - ugh, I can't even imagine! My friend swears by airing out in between feedings. Sounds like otherwise things are going well though!

@LAGS: Maybe you are closer to your own EDD rather than your doctor's after all? Do you have anything fun planned for the last week or so?

@MsMini: Your lazy Saturday sounds PERFECT! I am glad you are having such a good time with little Sawyer.

I can't believe how many early babies we have had so far!!

So.....37 weeks today.....meaning we no longer are having a preemie baby! Thanks to you all for helping keep my spirits up the past 6.5 weeks on bedrest. It was a lot harder than I thought, but all worth it now. I'm still taking it easy, but off bedrest and even got a facial yesterday and am getting a haircut today : )

I did have some pretty constant cramping yesterday as well as some contractions so spoke with my midwife. She said the constant cramping was likely cervix ripening further. I'm supposed to call when my contractions are 15 mins apart (no 5 minute rule for me) since I'm already progressed and tested positive for Group B strep, meaning they'll want to get an IV going for me sooner rather than later. I feel better mentally about now being OK with labor...I just think I needed a few days to get there.

5. LAGS

clementine / 916 posts

@MsMini: Flat nipples will be one of the first things I ask about. I don't think I have true flat nipples, but when I pinch them they do recede a bit and don't stick out that much anymore. Thanks for the feedback, its reassuring to hear that while pain is likely, sometimes it can be manageable. Your family time sounds amazing... ahh I can't wait!

@duckduckkristen: Yayy!! Congratulations and can't wait to hear your story!

6. LAGS

clementine / 916 posts

@winniebee: Congrats! That's an amazing milestone! You must feel so proud that you were able to avoid a premature birth and keep your little guy safely growing inside.

7. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

ALRIGHTY, so I'm back on page 30 I think:

@winniebee: Is your husband still calling you slow? Mine is!
    My bags are mostly packed and sitting by the door.
    So... are you going back to work this week, or staying home? Sounds like your husband is being really difficult. I'm sorry. It's probably hitting home that he's got 2 loved ones now, and he's probably taking it out on you a little because he's freaked. Talk to him about it.
    Even if you go into labor at 36w7d, isn't that pretty much the day for labor, and baby wouldn't be born until the next day anyway? I guess it's moot today--did you go?

@goldilocks: I'm pretty sure I'm not making any "progress" so I refused the internal again. 2 weeks to go...

@LAGS: I've turned down all my exams because I don't feel like labor is coming, so I didn't want to know (or bleed). Hopefully you're feeling better now! That sucks!

@msmini: I'm so glad you 3 are doing well and your incision is healing well. Sawyer sound so cute! I hope we get a mellow baby, too.

@cvbee: OMG I can't wait to have a baby that loves to bathe. Nico sounds so cute! Sorry he;s more fussy now. I hope it starts to get better.

@volksgirl: oooh, bloody show! Very exciting! More progress
    Funny about your "day early" doctor appointment. I would totally do that if my work schedule wasn't so specific about when I could actually get some time off. We'll see if I can figure it out this week!

@duckduckkristen: Never heard of a vigorous check, but... sounds like it helped!

@mrsdaredevil: Sorry about the anxiety attacks. I'll definitely keep you in my prayers. I hope baby comes really soon. I am definitely feeling some of that same body anxiety and lack of control.

So my swelling is super gross now--my face is only swelling a little, but my hands and arms (as usual) and yesterday I had CANCLES! And swollen knees and toes.
    Technically I haven't missed any actual work days yet (Monday is my first day), but I am relieved. Friday was awful and I kept messing things up and having to redo them.
    No labor-like symptoms though--still could be 2-3 weeks away.

I'll get to P 31 next.

8. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@goldilocks: I shut down my wall around when we were announcing the pregnancy, but we are SO FAR from anyone, it's impossible that anyone could break the news for us. I bet my DH posts a newborn photo on FB before he calls anyone (not that I'm ok with that exactly, but it's whatever at this point).

@cvbee: OK. glad he's not super fussy *every* night. That's a relief! He gained HOW MUCH? Good job mama!

@msmini: 8 DAYS? WOW, I am impressed with your weight loss! Go you!

@mrsdaredevil: I think it's a great idea to talk to someone. Pregnancy is rough and anxiety on top of it--horrible.

@goldilocks: Aww That is exactly why I keep turning down my internals.

well.... not through p 31, but i need a break. be back soon. Good luck ladies!

just got to add 2 things

1. Keep the name Liam. It's wonderful.
    2. CONGRATULATIONS Duckduckkristen! Can't wait to hear about it!

9. Nskillet

persimmon / 1099 posts

Congrats duckduckkristen!!!! So exciting!

10. winniebee

@pastemoo: Haha, we went out for a bit yesterday and he was just marveling at the waddle as I crossed a busy street : ) Since I'm now full term things are much better - he was cool with some activity yesterday (though he keeps telling me not to push myself). Not really going back to work this week. Have an OB appt on Tuesday and was cleared to go to work for a bit before my appt (right across the street). But turns out work is throwing me a shower so basically I'm going in for a shower : ) I don't know why but my doctor is not keen on me working right now. Fine by me, whatever : ) So sorry about all of the swelling. But you are SO CLOSE!!

@LAGS: Thank you! I am pretty psyched...it was worth all that lying around : )

11. Mrs. Sunglasses

Seriously I can't keep up with this thread. Wish I could read everything and respond. Not so easy on an iPhone.

12. winniebee

@blushink: I know - I have to sit down with my computer at least once a day to catch up!

13. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@blushink Me too! I don't have a smart phone though.

14. LAGS

clementine / 916 posts

So not too long after I woke up this morning I started feeling nauseous. I kinda brushed it off but as I was getting breakfast together it really hit me and I even threw up. Not pleasant... I'm trying to decide if it was just my prenatal upsetting my stomach or if something else is going on. Feeling pretty sluggish though so I'm paranoid I might be coming down with something... that'd be bad timing!

@pastemoo: I don't blame you. Even though I'm fully aware you can walk around with a little progress for weeks... I still fell under the spell! Its hard not to get worked up over it... not knowing can be a very good thing! Enjoy your time off!

@winniebee: I'm thinking I must be so I'm hoping I at least don't go too far past the 12th... I can handle being a little late based on my Dr's EDD because I've conditioned myself that its not until later anyways. Nothing too exciting planned, just sticking close to home and frantically researching every last little thing I'm feeling unsure of... I don't think I'll ever feel prepared!

I hope everyone's enjoying their weekend! DH's schedule has him working weekends right now and I'm sooo bored... not a good thing when it comes to keeping my mind off of everything.

15. winniebee

@LAGS: hmm lots of women report feeling nauseous or off before going into labor.......just sayin!

16. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MsMini: Poor little guy. Glad his hunger is finally catching up so he can put on some weight soon.

@winniebee: I am drinking insane amounts of water. It's not making a difference (or... I don't want to know how much worse it could be!).
    I am so glad you're off bedrest. Congratulations!! So proud of you for resting 6.5 weeks.

@goldilocks: I hope you little girl comes soon, too!
    May 25 sounds like a good last day for me, too. All I know is they won't let me go after the 28th. We'll see..

@volksgirl: I'm wondering if we'll even tell anyone, since... well what difference would it make, no one is near enough to come to the hospital after, and everyone has just decided on dates to visit, regardless of when he makes his appearance.
    One more week of work--you can do it! Good luck at the wedding.

@cvbee: already down 18 or 19 pounds/ That's awesome! I am terrified of that part! Your routine sounds like it's really working. Your husband has been working since day 2? How awful! Love your "guess what I can do while breast feeding" thread.
    Guess no one had a supermoon baby...

@lags: it's getting so hard to be patient!
    I'm with winnie--nausea can be a sign of impending labor!

@nskillet: def don't beat yourself up over it!

17. aunt pol

kiwi / 525 posts

@blushink: it's mad isn't it, I can't keep up either!

I haven't the energy to address everyone's posts individually, to be honest. I'm glad everyone is doing ok though!

All quiet here really, nothing to report.
    Having fun getting in and out of bed these days, but that's hardly unusual. The groin pain is fierce sometimes, and I am so thankful I haven't had an attack of it away from the house. I had one very bad one that I absolutely couldn't walk through- I was standing beside the bed and all I could do was sit, DH had to lift my legs in- there was no way I could manage it. But at least it does pass.
    What else- bp is fine still, the meds are doing the job at the lowest dose so that's fantastic. The bank holiday here tomorrow has interfered with my appt schedule, would otherwise have gone in for scan and twin clinic visit. So we're in on Friday instead (for a "proper" check this time- yucky internal, methinks- with a bit of luck nothing happens before then- I'm still only 35w3d, so definitely out of danger zone but would like the babas to cook another while yet.
    At the last scan, Monday gone, they were approx 6lb5 and 6lb12, monsters:) Twin 1 is STILL shy! We've had 8 scans to date, and in all but one she/he wouldn't show private parts at all- wouldn't even show their face last week! So twin 2 is consistently a girl, twin 1 was estimated once to be a girl. So we get the surprise baby first:)
    Our 1st wedding anniversary is tomorrow, and I had so many people on FB saying it'd be great if babies came tomorrow- no thanks! If this was one baby , due date 31st of may, nobody would dream of wishing it'd come three full weeks early! And to be honest (assuming things don't start happening this evening) I'll be happy if we don't have to share our anniversary! Does that sound selfish? Obviously their birthday will take priority, but at least in future we'll be able to go out for dinner or something without feeling guilty about it.

It's so strange, so many of you have your May babies already, it feels like there won't be that many late May babies! Docs had said I'll be induced if I go past the 14th- at the moment it seems possible, these two seem quite content where they are.

And how weird is this- DH's sister is 11 weeks tomorrow, and will have her hosp registration appt and dating scan on the 14th. We've a scan scheduled for 9am, she's in at 10am- so funny how the end of our journey is crossing the beginning of theirs!

18. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@aunt pol: Hope you get your anniversary to yourselves!
    That's cute that your scans are on the same day!

19. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@aunt pol: I don't think you are being selfish at all! Honestly, I would not want to share my anniversary with my babies because what happens a couple years from now when I want to go on vacation with my hubby? I would feel horrible leaving my kids on their birthday! Happy Anniversary though.... Relax and do something fun with your hubby, you deserve it!
    Glad your babies are doing well. As my hubby says "You must be very good at cooking babies..."
    Sometimes I complain about the fact that my baby hasn't come yet, but my DH just says that it means baby is very comfortable.

@LAGS: I also heard that nausea can be a "hint" that labor is coming. I had a 24 hour bug a couple weeks ago though... I threw up just a couple times and felt awful for a day, but it went away the next day. Hope you're feeling better!

Well, almost done with my reupholstering project and am now heading to the hardware store to get some new paint to refinish our dining room table. WOOHOO!

I also am going to go pick up Ina May's book... I still haven't read it!!

Having little bits of cramping on and off this morning.... hoping my cervix is getting real ripe!

20. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@pastemoo: Thanks. Yeah Nico hated sponge baths because he got cold, but the nice warm water of a real bath is heavenly for him. And re the fussiness: I'm starting to learn the 'tricks' about when he is fussy. I've noticed now that when he's fussy there IS a reason. Poopy diaper, hungry, too hot, too cold, etc. Sometimes he seems to just want a cuddle. And if his sleep gets disturbed he seems to be hungry, but he just wants to suck, so if I put my knuckle in his mouth he sucks it to sleep. But we are pretty lucky to have a pretty easy baby. I did the 'Baby Whisperer' personality test on him and he is a 'textbook baby'.

This weekend we went to our first 'party' and also our first time to go to mass. Nico was pretty good at both, but I kindof wish we ducked out of the party earlier, so we'd leave before it was time for Nico to eat. Instead, first I tried to feed him in front of everyone while he was in a sling, but he just fell asleep on the boob. Then I had to leave the crowd and nurse him in a room by myself, which seemed to take an hour.....was very jealous of DH for being able to just hang out with everyone (and drink!). Then Nico fell asleep but woke up when we tried to put him in the carseat to leave, and then with waking up again when we got home I felt like he was all thrown off and it was going to be a terrible night, but I was worried for nothing, as he fell back into routine and the night was typical (except for the fact that we went to bed at midnight instead of 9pm).

DH and I have been fighting a little bit this weekend; DH is really sensitive these days and I'm a little extra feisty/bossy, which is not a great combination....but after we've both rested, we realize that the fighting was silly and get over it. I do hope that we both chill out a little. It WAS our first weekend not having any of the grandparents staying with us, so maybe we just needed to get into our groove.

In breastfeeding land, for some reason my right nipple has been getting hurt from breastfeeding. IT looks the same, but it hurts when Nico latches and is more uncomfortable than usual during. I look at his little mouth and it looks like the usual latch. Not sure what's going on. If it's still an issue tomorrow I'm going to stop by the public health nurse to see what they think. It has been getting a little better throughout today. 19 days in and I still have things to learn. Breastfeeding takes a lot of learning, in my opinion. I'm still reading about it every day.

@aunt pol: Happy anniversary! Fingers crossed that you don't have to share the anniversary even close to the birth day.

@pastemoo: Yeah, DH has been back to work since day 2, but honestly I never needed him. I was kept in the hospital for 4 days, and then after that I was totally okay with getting everything done on my own. Newborns sleep a lot! It's just been harder for DH as he misses us. And I did always have one of the grandparents staying with us for the first more-than-2-weeks (but honestly, they ended up being more work than help, but I was glad that they could connect with their grandchild early on).

@winniebee: Happy full term baby to you!!! You have done such a great job of keeping baby safe. Yay you.

I wonder if anyone of you are having a baby right now. Good luck to all!

21. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

Uploaded my 38 week pic to WB: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/bump-love-thread-part-2/page/5?replies=187#post-3667783
    Yay for another May baby!
    I had some cramping, irregular contractions this weekend, so I hope that means continued progress. Would it be out of the ordinary to ask my OB to strip my membranes at my appointment on Thursday? I want this to move along, but wasn't really sure when the stripping begins and if it's something you can request . . .
    House closing went great - the owners were there for the walk through and said they weren't planning to take the TV cabinet, ping pong table and some curtains with them, so if we wanted them, they'd just leave them in the house. Yippee!! AND they gave us a baby gift (a 3-pack of onesies and a super soft blankie). How sweet is that?!?
    Saturday DH and I went to Target and knocked off the registry items we still needed, and I placed my Amazon order today for the baby carriers and changing pad. By the end of the week, we should have everything we need.
    And our "tenants" are planning to move out of our new house a week earlier than planned, and they're getting the carpets cleaned (score!). Which means I can get in the house early to get the nursery painted before we actually move in. I'm pretty excited.

22. LAGS

clementine / 916 posts

@winniebee: @pastemoo: I thought I'd read that somewhere but I've basically given up being optimistic about these 'signs' and totally wrote it off. I'm feeling normal tonight so it must have been my vitamin upset my stomach

@aunt pol: You're doing so well with a twin pregnancy! I can't imagine this x2... you're so positive! I wouldn't want to share my anniversary either, there's only so much we'll have left as couples.

@Mrsdaredevil: All these little signs are such teases eh? Between membrane stripping, losing parts of my plug and getting sick... I think I'm officially going to be in denial/disbelief when I'm officially in labor. Great job getting some house projects done. I've been eying our kitchen chairs (they still need to be refinished to match our newly refinished table) but I'm worried I'd have to leave them half finished.

@cvbee: I can totally see the added tension being a result of you guys not yet settling into your grove together. I hate not feeling on the same page as DH. Hopefully you guys will be able to get in sync now that your guests are gone and you're getting adjusted to life as three.

@Goldilocks1107: The practice I go to doesn't like to do sweeps before 39 weeks, but they brought it up at my 38 week appointment recommending it for my 39th. I couldn't see a problem in discussing it with them and if they're willing, why not? I feel its only effective if you're ready to go anyways, its just that added push. You officially had a dream closing, what great people you bought your house from. You look great btw, 100% baby!

23. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

@LAGS: I think I will ask about the membrane thing at my appointment this week, since I'll be halfway to 39 weeks anyway.

DH and I were negotiating when he gets to move back into the bedroom (he's been staying in the guest room for the past few months because I couldn't fall back asleep after my nighttime bathroom breaks if he was snoring (or breathing). End result - we'll give it a try this weekend to see if it works. Since the guest room is on the main level, and our current bedroom is in the basement, I really want him in the same room if I go into labor in the middle of the night. But I also want a decent night's sleep (and by decent, I mean the ability to fall back asleep after 6+ bathroom runs!).
    We pulled together his portion of the hospital bag. All we have left to pack are my allergy meds, the laptop and our cell phone chargers - which will all be grabbed on our way out the door.

24. winniebee

@aunt pol: I was wondering how you and the babies are doing! I would prefer to avoid other holidays for LO's birthday too, and I don't think that's selfish at all! Especially for an anniversary - you and DH will want to go to dinner on your anniversary (or something) and having the babes' bdays the same day would complicate that. PS - don't you mean you are 36 weeks and 4 days? You are only due 4 days after me and I'm 37 weeks and a day : ) So, you are almost full terms with TWINS which is such a huge feat!

@Mrsdaredevil: You've been so productive!! Want to come to Boston to work on our place?! Hope you get osme good news at your appt!

@pastemoo: So sorry about your swelling - I'm counting my blsessings I haven't been cursed with that.

@cvbee: I continue to be impressed with how much you are doing with Nico! I'm sure that bickering with DH is stressful, but I think it's much more common than people are willing to admit. Reading about your routines and struggles are really helpful!

@LAGS: I think I'll be in disbelief, too when it's really time. Are you going full throttle or are you resting a bit? If you really want to bring it on, just take a page out of @MissDareDevil's book!

@Goldilocks1107: Congrats on your new home! Sounds like the sellers are awesome and everything went great. When do you move in? It might be nice to have DH back in the room for the last few weeks since things are going to change so much soon! I've had terrible sleeps the past two nights - basically I can't fall asleep then get up 4 times and my only good stretch of sleep is from when DH goes to work @ 6 until around 8. Luckily, I can still sleep in!

Yesterday I did a little housework (just tidying up) and went and got my haircut. Which brought on that constant low cramping and contractions about every 30 minutes. I still seem to be able to slow contractions with rest and tons of fluids, so that's what I did. I think after my OB appt. tomorrow or maybe DH bday on Wednesday, I'm not going to do anything to try to slow down the process, and by this weekend I'll be trying to bring it on! Today, I want to get a mani/pedi and we really need groceries (DH worked all weekend and didn't have time to go). Oh and I should do a little work from home.... Already did a load of laundry and some dishes, too! I feel somewhat human : )

25. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

@winniebee: They'll be all moved out on June 21, and said they're going to have the carpets cleaned (yay!). So I'll probably try to prep the nursery for painting that week and get that done and DH and I will move over some of the boxes from my parents house. The big move will happen June 30. So exciting!
    And it sounds like you are going into nesting overdrive now that you're free! Enjoy you're remaining days because I'm thinking you'll be a mom by Mother's Day!

I think I lost a little of my mucus plug yesterday - I'm trying to gear myself up to google images to see if that's what it was, or just a random chunk of CM (ew, huh?)

26. winniebee

@Goldilocks1107: LOL if anyone ever checked the internet history on our computers....... That's awesome you will have a full month plus with baby before you have to move. I have it in my head I want to go into labor on Sat, or Sunday. Of course, I can't control it but that would be ideal : )

27. mediagirl

@pastemoo: @Goldilocks1107: I not only shut down my wall but I put a hold on anything that I'm tagged in until I approve it. That way, I can check out pictures or comments that are made on other walls that include my name before I am officially tagged in them. I did that before our wedding in 2010. Haha.

@Goldilocks1107: I don't see why you couldn't ask them to strip your membranes. The worst they can say is no, right? After hearing everyone talk about that on HB, I asked the lady who was running our birthing class this weekend about it b/c I had no clue what it meant! I heard the mucus can be just like that - mucusy and not tinged red at all. At the same time, it can be pink. Clarifies things, eh?

@winniebee: lol about the internet history!! I hope you make it to this weekend because it sounds like that's what you want!! I'm so excited for you to meet your little man!

@Goldilocks1107: @Mrsdaredevil: @winniebee I just checked your pictures out on Weddingbee. You all look amazing for being so far along!! I'm so jealous!

28. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

@mediagirl: I just googled the mucus plug - if you want to keep your breakfast down, DON'T! Basically, it looks like a monster booger and can be a variety of colors. So I think that's what it was - mine was whitish. And thanks for the compliment - I didn't post my 37 week picture because I thought my arms looked fat (I wasn't doing my bend arm look at 37 weeks and learned my lesson!)
    @winniebee: No doubt - the I/S folks are probably scratching their heads and going "why would anyone look THAT up?!?"

29. mediagirl

@Goldilocks1107: lol too late. I googled it way back around 20 weeks when someone else on Hellobee mentioned it. I did almost lose my lunch!! Haha. Girl, as for the fat arms, I'm embracing it. I went to our company outing (a night at the Durham Bulls) on Friday in a tank top and long shorts. I embraced my new lower thigh cellulite, fat arms and cankles. What can you do, right?

30. winniebee

@mediagirl: @Goldilocks1107: I think I've officially crossed over into "fat" looking the past week. My face is chubbier, I don't fit into any maternity pants (not kidding) and the arm cellulite is just insane. But I'm eating whatever the hell I want and basically am a sloth, so what did I expect??!

31. mediagirl

@winniebee - one purchase i do not regret, maternity yoga pants from Target. I wear them to work, on the weekends, around the house, whatever. I'm pregnant and I don't care and yes, they are almost the only maternity pants that fit me. No one said your thighs and butt grew during pregnancy, too...

32. winniebee

@mediagirl: Oh yes, leggings and yoga pants are my friends. Thank god I'm not working in office again (yet).

33. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@Goldilocks1107: love the 38 week bump! Maybe it will be your last pic. My last was 36 weeks (was doing every 2 weeks). Since I went into labour on the day I would have taken the 38 week bump DH asked if I wanted him to take the last bump pic (This was when my contractions had just started)....I got all grumpy and said no, but I regret that a bit.

@Goldilocks1107: Congrats on being so organized with your bags. I packed at 30 weeks, but I still had forgotten so many things for the bags. I was sending DH and my Mom back and forth so many times to pick up things I forgot.

@Goldilocks1107: Yay for losing your mucous plug! Did you 'feel' it come out? or just see it in the toilet?

@mediagirl: PP yoga pants are the only pants that fit me. I wear my maternity pants too, but most of them look really frumpy. I can't do up my pre-preg pants. My best friend has a baby turning 4 months tomorrow (and she has a similar body type to me) and she told me that she still has muffin top, even over her most generous pants. I am trying to figure out if I should buy myself some 'in between' clothes or not. I think today I am going to go through the old wardrobe and try everything on. Something besides yoga pants has got to fit.

I am one-handed typing while breastfeeding. Oh, and a person's suggestion on another thread to squish the boob (like into a hamburger) to shove it further into baby's mouth totally fixed my recent ouchie issues.

34. mediagirl

@cvbee: glad breastfeeding is going better! I think going through the old wardrobe might be a good idea if you want to get out of yoga pants. Then you're just at home trying on a bunch of pants instead of doing it at a store.

35. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

Happy Monday everyone!
    I just woke up from a refreshing sleep about 30 minutes ago....I feel so good! I have actually been able to sleep the past three nights in a row!
    I am on my cell so I can't respond to everyone's updates right now, so im just popping in to say hi.

@goldilocks1107 not gonna lie, kind of jealous you lost your plug. I just want my body to show me some sign of labor! I am just feeling so good I feel like my body may go a month longer!

My doctor did tell me on Friday that I am measuring small week after week (although baby at last ultrasound was in 50th percentile) so maybe that means ill go late. Who knows!

It is very sunny here today....hoping to get some beach time in!!

@winniebee I have never been to Boston! I would love to come do work around your house! I want to hear the crazy accent you boston people have (or is it just in the movies?).

36. Mrs. Sunglasses

@Mrsdaredevil: I hope your cervix is ripe ripe ripe! I keep thinking of you! Come on baby girl!!!

@cvbee: Getting in the groove with a newborn is tough. I fought a lot with the hubs at first. It's a combination of many things, but you'll get the hang of it... don't give up!

@Goldilocks1107: You look great mama!!! But I'm with you... I want this to be done with. I want to give birth and honestly want to try acupunture (for induction) but I think they need the okay from the doctor. I got my membranes stripped the first pregnancy and it did nothing (still gave birth, induced 1 week late)

@winniebee: Aw, glad you are able to do stuff! Pamper yourself girl

As for me.... the hubs says I'll give birth today... ya, not sure that's going to happen seeing I have nothing going on indicating that I will go into labour. Plus, I hate that I don't have a specific due date. According to the ultrasound I'm due the 13th, but according to the dates the 18th. I keep telling people the 13th because I want to be optimistic that she will come early... but I'm starting to doubt myself. Can I just break my own water?! PLEASE?!!!!!!

I weighed myself this morning and I'm at 11.5 lbs and 38w4d or 39w2d depending on which date... super happy about that because it means this mama will leave the hospital thinner than when she got pregnant (and I never thought it was possible)

I'm officially starting maternity leave (i was on vacation the last 2 weeks) and that also means, pay cut and also it will take time to actually start getting my money (even if they back track) I'm realizing that I have no money this week to pay my mortgage... ha. Fail on my part. (but I have 2 checks coming in, hopefully before friday)

May is a hell month moneywise. If I had to choose the WORST month to give birth, May it is! oh well... I love may regardless. It's both the hubs and my birthday in may. plus mothers day!

37. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

@cvbee: I'm having DH take a photo each week now - instead of every 3 weeks. And I hope each one will be my last! I didn't feel the plug come out - just looked in the toilet and thought "what the h*ll is that?!?" Then got ridiculously excited.

@Mrsdaredevil: I'm not going to lie - losing the plug felt like I reached a milestone. Although it can still mean labor is weeks away. Maybe you lost yours during a bedtime pee session and never saw it? That's the story I'd be telling myself anyway!

@blushink: Fingers crossed your hubby knows something you don't!

I suggested some sexy time with DH this weekend, and he said he felt uncomfortable doing it in my parents house (man I wish we were moving out sooner!). I should have told him I'd take the rejection this time, but next weekend he might not be so lucky!

38. aunt pol

kiwi / 525 posts

@winniebee: Nope, if this was one baby I'd be 40 weeks on the 31st, and they lop two weeks off that to give twins 38 weeks to full term.
    With me they complicated matters further- my cycle is 26 days rather than 28, so they pulled my EDD back to the 25th, and now they keep counting backwards from that date, drives me nuts! They keep saying I'm about five days further on than I am- my LMP didn't move!
    So I'm sticking to the 17th now cos they did say if I haven't gone in by then, I'll be brought in for induction then. I really want to get past the 10th, and as that's a Thursday, I'd really like to get to the 14th- would rather be in during the week when all the consultants are there etc!

39. aunt pol

kiwi / 525 posts

@pastemoo: You might get lucky with the swelling going- my MIL lost about 28lbs total inside a fortnight of giving birth to her first, she had retained so much fluid beforehand! the underwear she brought in to the hospital, was nearly up under her boobs when she put it on to go home!

40. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

@aunt pol: That gives me hope! Pastemoo and I are both swelling machines right now. I'm hoping most of the weight I've gained the past 5 weeks is all fluid retention.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee