Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2013 Mamas

1. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@sweetooth: I peed until I ran out of Wondfos that I already had sitting around. I had 12 left over--I tested positive at 8dpo, then used the rest of 'em, with the last being at 18dpo. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think of buying more...but I never did. I was suuuper tempted to get some of the digis that give you the 1-3 weeks/4-6 weeks pregnant result, but again, I didn't buy those either.

If you go in tomorrow, I would say don't waste your money on 'em!

2. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Ash: I may take you up on that

@lilteacherbee: I'm sure the ultrasound will help ease any concerns I have. Maybe my vacation next week will help me clear my head too.

3. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@sweetooth: it sounds like we're pretty close in edds. I was 6 weeks yesterday. I refuse to miss a Thanksgiving meal.

4. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@sweetooth: definitely do! I ordered 50 of them but I'm not an early tester so I probably have at least 40 left lol!

5. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Ash: @lilteacherbee: @Cara M. 17: You guys are simultaneously grossing me out and cracking me up with your break out discussion. I may jinx myself for saying this - but my first symptom of pregnancy was no more breakouts. I know, crazy! But I have had acne my whole life. So I will take the reprieve!

I've also heard a rumor that if you're broken out during pregnancy it's a sign that you're having a girl. They are taking little pieces of your beauty

6. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ms.janedoe: I think I told myself that when I was out of them I wouldn't buy anymore. I've hardly been a POAS addict. These 25 Wondfos lasted me almost a year. But I just had a moment when I threw it away where I thought...hmmm, do I buy more? You're right - I'll save my money for cute nursery stuff

@Ash: I'll keep you in mind if I cave and need more!

7. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@sweetooth: Bahahah! Oops!
    I've heard that too! & we think we're having a girl too. Wonder if it's right!

8. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

@sweetooth: I hope this is true! Would love a little girl to dress up Plus we already have a name for a girl. But little boys are so much fun too!

9. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

@Ash: We think we are having a girl too! I haven't even thought about gender bc I am so convinced!

10. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

I am so broken out, especially on my chest! @ash: @sweetooth: I wonder if that means a girl!

11. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@Cara M. 17: I'm even tempted to stay team green because I'm so sure. Hahahaha!

@Mrs. J: Yaaaaay! I hope so!!

I know in the GTKY thread we said if we are finding out sex or not... but maybe we need an ongoing list :))

We're still up in the air but I think we're gonna end up finding out!

12. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

@Ash: we should start a list of what we think we are having and then update as we all find out (if we are finding out)

13. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@Cara M. 17: alright! If everyone wants to tell us if you're finding out and what you think you're having and we'll update it into a list.
    Me: probably finding out & girl

14. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Ash: @Cara M. 17: @Mrs. J: Girls for everyone!

I think we'll have a boy, based on timing with the IUI. I will be super excited for either a boy OR a girl. No real preference here. But we will totally be finding out before the due date.

15. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

We are definitely finding out and both think it's a girl!

16. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

@sweetooth: very true! DH and I think there are fun and exciting things about both. We will be happy with a healthy baby!

17. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@Ash: I will for sure be finding out! I'll be thrilled either way, DH and I are both feeling a boy right now though!

If breaking out = girl then there is no doubt this baby is a girl! All aboard the acne train! Choo chooo!

18. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

I'm still undecided if we will find out--DH wants to, but I'm on the fence! I think it will be a boy, but based on the acne...haha.

Okay, and when does this pregnancy glow thing come? I do not feel glowy at all. I don't know about you all!

19. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

Aw, man, SOMEBODY has to be team green! I guess this time we'll be finding out, so it won't be me, but somebody should have the fun of it! We didn't find out for the first two and I really loved it, but we're finding out for practical reasons this time, as well as to experience knowing before birth for once. We'll see which I think is more fun. Oh, and I mostly think we're having a boy, had a very strong feeling with Deere Boy and I kinda feel that way again, but we'll see.

20. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: I want to be able to prepare so badly... but I love the idea of team green. Hmmmm... we'll see!

21. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

@FarmWifeGina: I am too much of a planner. Plus, the suspense would kill me!

22. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: I am very practical, like, even if I do find out the gender, I'm not going to do a gender-specific nursery, or buy a gender-specific carseat or any of that. I haven't for any of my kids because I knew I'd wanna use all of it again with more kids. And it's fun to buy clothes ahead if time, but even more fun once they're here, IMO. I have a bunch of newborn and 0-3 mo. gender-neutral sleepers and everyday stuff and I've found that people can't seem to help themselves after the baby is here and buy tons of cute gender-specific outfits as gifts in those first few months, you almost can't wear it all before they grow out of it! That's my experience anyways. Teehee, if that helps convince you. I'm kinda old-fashioned about the finding-out thing. It's completely my own little personal thing and I have NO right to feel this way, no offense to ANYONE, but it kinda pisses me off that EVERYONE seems to find out with every single child these days and I'm like, let's leave some things sacred and a surprise, regardless if it's "easier." But then again, that is TOTALLY just me and my neurosis.

23. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

We Think We're Having A Boy!
    FarmWifeGina
    Mrs. J
    MrsTiz
    sweetooth

We Think We're Having A Girl!
    Ash
    Cara M. 17

Feel free to update!

24. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

This just popped into my head--what prenatal testing, if any, will you have done?

25. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@FarmWifeGina: I *might* be Team Green! We'll see--I still have time to decide

26. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@Mrs. J: me too!! I love the idea of DH telling me if we have a son or a daughter!! Buuuuuuut, I want to start shopping for sweet little clothes asap! Hahaha

No prenatal testing here.

27. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Mrs. J: Lol, I really am not that vocal about it, it's just one if those *things*. I don't care, I really don't, teehee.

And beyond the anatomy scan, we won't have any prenatal testing done, as far as the baby goes (I think that's what you mean, right?). I/We are pretty much at the lowest risk of having a child with any of the defects they test for ahead if time and even if we did find out there was something wrong, it would still be our child and we would raise him/her, so it doesn't really make a difference. If we were to be surprised with some kind of condition or birth defect, well, God brought us to it, He'll bring us through it.

28. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

29. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

@FarmWifeGina: I think those are all really great points and not at all offensive! We plan to buy all gender neutral items - car seat, pnp, stroller, bottles, furniture, etc. Anything that can be used for more than one child will be neutral bc I think that's most practical. On the other hand, I am looking forward to picking out gender specific bedding and buying a few outfits. I don't think we will buy too much bc people can't resist buying baby clothes! We actually considered being outwardly team green - we would know what we are having but not tell anyone else

30. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@sweetooth: ok, so I POAS tonight. My friend is a few days late and she knows I'm pregnant and how much I have peed on sticks. I got a test at the dollar tree with her so that she'd feel better about taking a test. Her's was negative, which she was so happy about! BUT, my test line was way lighter than my control line (2 weeks ago I got blaring lines on frer's).

At some point, HCG gets so high that the lines actually get lighter. I didnt want you to get more tests and then freak out!! I would have totally worried had I not known

31. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

I think we want to be team green but we have a weird situation. Hemophilia runs in my family and I wasn't able to get tested before we got pregnant - our hospital is only a level one (expected healthy non-emergent full term babies only) and the next one over is 5 hours away. Only boys can be hemophiliacs - so I need to ask my doc if it'd be medically advisable for us to find out the sex, so we know if we have to fly out. I suspect if we decline to know they'll treat us like we're having a boy and ship us out anyway which I'd rather avoid if I could.

Weirdly there hasn't been a boy born on my moms side of the family, where the hemophilia is, in nearly 40 years!

32. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Cara M. 17: We will probably be publicly team green team, if I can keep from slipping up and blurting it out, lol. At the very least, no one (but my online friends, lol) is finding out the name until the birth. Gotta have SOMETHING left to tell!

@MrsDragon: Yeah, that is probably a situation in which is wanna find out, although I have no idea what the chances are of something hemophilia-related happening during labor and delivery. I've only ever known one family with it growing up (and they had 5 or 6 boys, lol) and they birthed all their babies at home.

33. mrsmacandcheese

@FarmWifeGina: I think it's mainly a matter of being careful during birth to avoid things that could cause bleeding (forceps, etc.) though some hospitals just want to section you ASAP. And then getting baby treated with factor if needed. We'll be declining any suggestion of an amnio or anything like that so it's just a matter of knowing where we'll need to go for care.

34. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@Mrs. J: If anything i'll have Amniocentesis (I think that's what it is) that tests for Downs or Trisomy 21 just because that is not something I want to wait until the birth to find out.

I'm surprised to see so many people think they are having boys! There aren't too many boy mamas on HB!

If you got to pick though, what gender would you prefer?

35. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@MrsTiz: I'm afraid to pick... Mainly because if I say what I'd rather have I'd feel bad if we got the opposite. Hahaha! And because at this point, I'm just happy to have a healthy baby!!

36. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@MrsTiz: To be perfectly honest, I would pick a boy. That sounds so awful and I feel guilty for thinking it, but that's about the size of it. I will learn to be happy with a girl and wouldn't want it any other way once she is here, but I grew up with 6 sisters and I am SKEERED of having more than one daughter, especially next to each other. Eep!

37. mrsmacandcheese

@MrsTiz: I've been thinking about it and I can't pick, haha! I've been kind of expecting a girl forever just because there *aren't* boys in my family, but a boy would be totally new and fun. I'd honestly be totally happy with either. My husband is pretty sure it's a boy (along with nearly everyone else we've told).

38. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

I honestly don't care! DH would pick a boy but I don't care either way if I HAD to pick it would be a boy because the IL's already have a granddaughter and my parents don't have any and my dad always wanted a son!

My LO graduated from an embryo to a fetus today and is an inch long which is the size of a medium green olive according to What to Expect! Officially in my 3rd month!!! Woop woop!

39. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@MrsTiz: Awwwwwwwwwwww, yay baby!!! Grow grow grow!!

40. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

OMG, so last night DH goes upstairs and grabs me a check for my new direct deposit and asks me if I saw anything in his present drawer. I was like "Well I tried not to really look at anything....but I saw the doppler." He laughed and figured I did and went and got and asked if I wanted to try it out. I said no at first because I thought it was too early (6.5 weeks) he said he bought it because he read great reviews of it working at 6 weeks, so we tried it out and we heard the heartbeat!! It was so amazing.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee