Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2015 Labor and Delivery!!

1. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@FannyMae: Hope you're doing well!

2. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@FannyMae: Ooo good luck!! Thinking of you!!

3. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

Delay in posting here, baby girl born Monday 23rd at 6.21 pm - 7 pounds 11, was induced, failed epidural which ended up numbing me up to my chest, vacuum delivery of posterior baby. Both doing much better now but it was pretty a pretty scary experience with the epi turning me into a complete dead weight and my blood pressure dropping. Day 3 here, getting a bit hectic with unsettled gassy and mucous baby and waiting for milk to come in.

4. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

@FannyMae: Oh my goodness, sounds like you've been through the ringer! I'm so glad to hear you and your new daughter are doing well now. Congratulations!

5. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@FannyMae: Congratulations to you! My milk came in Day 4/5, you're almost there! Hope things settle down for you soon.

6. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

Thanks ladies, I'm so relieved and grateful that she is here safely, now on to the next hurdle. Jaundice has just come up, blood test for her levels is done and waiting on results. She is barely eating at all, extremely sleepy. Once numbers are in we move on to treatment most likely lights and top ups

7. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

also we named her after our mothers first name is Estelle, MIL is shorter version - she was over the moon and back. Middle name is a shorter version of my mums name

8. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@FannyMae: Congratulations! I'm glad you're both doing okay after what sounds like a scary experience.

No baby here yet. Trying to be patient but failing. I'm scheduled for an induction on December 1 if s/he decides not to show by then.

9. clover

kiwi / 557 posts

@FannyMae: Congratulations! I'm sure the jaundice will get better quickly, especially once your milk comes in (we supplemented when DS had it, anything to get baby healthy). Good luck!

10. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@FannyMae: glad to hear you are doing ok now! I love her name my milk came in on day four and really helped my little guy's jaundice. We spent a lot of time tickling his feet to keep him awake while eating too

11. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@FannyMae: Glad to hear you got through that ok and you and your baby are safe!!

12. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

My labor and delivery story!

I was set to be induced on 11/23 (40+4) at 4:00 pm with cervadil. At about 6:00 am I lost my mucus plug (which btw looked essentially like I poured a container of honey in my underwear!). Soon after I started experiencing timeable contractions! So I sat at home with DW and the dogs until they were 5 minutes apart then we went to the hospital.

Once we were checked into a room I asked for the epidural to at least be requested in case it took awhile (ended up that it did because of some backup on lab work). While waiting my contractions got a lot worse quickly and suddenly during a terrible one my water broke in the hospital bed! It was absolutely crazy - a HUGE gush of hot water in the bed. And - it was green so I knew it had meconium We worried about that but the nurse said all it means was that she would call a NICU team to be present at the birth just in case.

To make a long story short, I got my epi and all was wonderful immediately. I had a perfect and very fortunate experience with it. I watched friends and drank juice for about 6 hours until it was time to push! I pushed for 15 minutes and the nurse told me to stop bc my OB was on his way and she didn't want the baby here before him!!

By this time it was about 11:30 pm. My doctor arrived and within two contractions the baby was out!! It was amazing. I got a second degree tear and two smaller tears but I didn't feel any pain. DW cut the cord and luckily, the baby had not inhaled any meconium.

Cooper was big - 8 lbs, 8 ounces, and 21 inches! With a head of dark hair we were not expecting! We've had a really good day and a half in the hospital and are looking forward to going home tomorrow!

We feel extremely fortunate for this kind of positive birth experience and for our sweet boy!

13. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@wrkbrk: I'm watching Friends as I nurse Claire and catch up on HB. Beautiful story, congrats again!

14. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@wrkbrk: I'm up nursing too and was hoping you fad posted your birth story! Im so glad you had such a great experience! He is gorgeous!! And I wish mine would take a binky!

15. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

Congratulations @fannymae and @wrkbrk! So excited your LO's are here. @fannymae: hope those jaundice levels resolve soon!

16. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@wrkbrk: Awww! What a cutie! Congrats to you and your DW!

17. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Miss Sarah: @peaches1038: @AggieDaze: @Finfan: Thank you all! I'm happy I finally had this baby so I had a story to post, haha! Looking forward to getting home and settled and chatting on our post partum board. Especially when my milk comes in bc I anticipate that will be ... Challenging

18. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@peaches1038: PS we were going to wait on the paci for a few weeks but when he sqwaked the first nine hours of his life I decided to go ahead and try one He's never loved something more haha. The only problem is, it falls out of his mouth about 3 times an hour and we have to replace it

19. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@wrkbrk: Congrats to you and your DW! Very descriptive explanation of your birth story. I laughted at the 'honey' in your underwear. Hope you guys are settling in ok!

20. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@bluestriped bee: Haha thank you! Hopefully not overly descriptive

21. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

Also had a bit of delay in posting. Laura Jane was born the morning of 11/25 and about 9 hours after my water broke. I was able to get an epidural just in time (they put in the order shortly after I got there and it was placed asap). Extremely glad I made the call for one early as things went quickly and even with the epidural on I had back labor from her position. DD arrived "sunny side up" after 2.5 hours of pushing and weighed in at 6lbs 0oz. We are still in awe that she's here and ours:

22. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@Hoots: Congratulations! She is beautiful and I love her name.

23. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@Hoots: congratulations!!! The top picture is so lovely. Did you have a birth photographer?

24. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Hoots: Congratulations! She is gorgeous and her name is beautiful!

25. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@peaches1038: We did! I bought a package back in May that covered maternity, birth, newborn, and milestones. It seemed like a really reasonable price and I loved her work. DH loves to take photos but is never in any, so we wanted to make sure tht he was. It was actually kind of lucky DD was sunny side up because the photographer almost didn't make it.

26. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@Hoots: that's an awesome package!! I wish we had done something like that.

27. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

Hello baby girl! Oh so cuuute!! Cheeky posterior babies, by girl caused me grief too!

28. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@FannyMae: I'm thinking it might be a sign that she's going to be a bit of a stubborn one and want to do things her own way. She already is that way about nursing. The lactation cosultant tried to correct her latch a bit and every time she did, DD would just quit nursing altogether.

29. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Hoots: Oh she is SO cute! Congratulations!!!! So excited for all of our mamas this month! It makes me happy.

30. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@Hoots: so precious! Jealous of your delivery photographer!

31. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

Looks like we have gotten to the end of our month already, how quick did it pass? Are there any other November due date board mums that are yet to have their babies? If there are, wishing you all the best

32. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@Finfan: @peaches1038: @Miss Sarah: @FannyMae: @wrkbrk: @AggieDaze: Thanks, ladies! We are so very excited to have her around, even if she is a bit of tyrant!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee