Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2015 Moms

1. Ashleigh3388

coffee bean / 47 posts

@calicatlady -- Yes! As soon as one is almost gone another one pops up! That was one of my first clues. I've never had bad acne or much at all. Now, they are huge and they hurt!

2. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Ashleigh3388: Congrats and welcome! I am in Missouri too.

3. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

thanks for the warm welcome Ive spend the entire night dealing with a sickly toddler, and have come down with a cold myself. took her to the doctor this morning and let my GP know that I'm 4 weeks today, so will need to ring OB at some point and get an appointment.

Anyone else having crazy cramps? seems like it started a few days after ovulation and is just driving my crazy.

4. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@FannyMae: Yes! Cramps every day since implantation. I keep praying it's a good sign! That along with fatigue are really my only symptoms right now. I'm only 4w5d though...so I'm sure the symptoms are coming!

5. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@sarahnicole218: yep, last time I had incredibly sore boobs - this time nothing. the nausea hit me at 6 weeks exactly, this time im just a little "off" at the moment.

6. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Ladytron: My situation is a little different because we did IVF and I have several close friends who knew we were doing that. So I have told more people than I ever imagined I would at this point...but I am also choosing to celebrate this pregnancy. It is my first time ever being pregnant and as nervous as I am that something could go wrong, I also want to be joyful! So I have told: hubby, both sets of parents, my sister, and four BFFs. My mom told her best friend (because she can't keep a secret), so my MIL told her best friend, too. Haha!

7. StrawberryShortie

cherry / 241 posts

Congrats everyone!

I am giving a tiny tentative fist pump to join this board. Had my first faint BFP this morning. Hoping it sticks and I get to chat with you wonderful ladies for the next little while!

EDD: based on LMP Nov 22 2015

How Far Along? 4W ish

First Baby? Nope. I have an 18MO gazelle on my hands (DD)

First Doctors appointment? I will call next week

Any symptoms so far? Just occasionally queasy with heartburn and absolutely no sign of AF (she usually gifts me with a week of cramps prior to her arrival)

Who have you told? Just DH! And you girls!

8. StrawberryShortie

cherry / 241 posts

@wrkbrk: so exciting! We will be around the same date. Hoping I get a really big And bold BFP in the next few days to ease my mind

9. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@StrawberryShortie: I love your tiny tentative fist pump...that's how I still feel and I've had beta confirmation. I'm so glad we have this group to share our fears and symptoms and everything with. Welcome and good luck!

10. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@StrawberryShortie: Yay!! Can't wait to see your line get darker! Welcome to THE best month to have a baby (I may be biased ;)).

11. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@StrawberryShortie: Congrats and welcome!

12. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@StrawberryShortie: Congrats and welcome!!

13. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

5 weeks today and wishing I could just feel excited and confident. Symptoms are: fatigue (could be the PIO), constipation, and almost constant light cramping. I do not like this cramping...it just doesn't seem like that's a common symptom. Still no nauseau and no sore boobs. I know every pregnancy is different, and this my first, so I have no idea what to truly expect...but it is going to be a long 2 weeks before my U/S. I am officially a crazy person because I want to go buy more HPTs and check the line!

14. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@sarahnicole218: just thread stalking and wanted to say that cramping in early pregnancy is REALLY common. I had a TON of cramping with my DS and the doctor said it was totally normal as your uterus is stretching.
    Eta: I had no nausea until after 6 weeks

15. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@travellingbee: Thank you for the reassurance! I wish, after IF and IVF, I could stop worrying now that we're finally pregnant...but I have a feeling until the baby is in my arms, I'm going to be ridiculous, lol!

16. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@sarahnicole218: yup, you will But that's understandable. The first trimester is the worst!

17. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@sarahnicole218: I know exactly how you feel!! I'm trying not to worry about it because I want to be happy right now. I've been avoiding any threads that are sad but it's still hard to be confident and know that everything is happening as it should. It is nice that we have each other to talk to though! We're all going through it together!

18. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@peaches1038: I agree, it's so nice to have each other!

19. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

So excited to join this party! Feeling pretty cautiously optimistic after my second beta draw.

EDD: November 26, 2015 (Thanksgiving, which is my favorite holiday!)

How far along: 4 wks

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: TBD. My RE is sending me back to the lab one more time before scheduling my first appointment. First beta was 34 at 12 dpo, and second one was 99 at 14 dpo.

Any symptoms so far? Light cramping a few times a day, and, as of last night, sore breasts.

Who have you told? DH, my mom, and a really close coworker who knew what was going on

20. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@Hoots: yay!! great to see you here

I made my first doctors appointment for 7 weeks (april 8th) - she tried to get me in at 6 weeks but because of the easter break they're hectic.

I'm feeling so incredibly sick today my chest is congested, nose is blocked and head is thumping. I've been taking paracetamol but its just not cutting it. wish I could pump some cold & flu tabs right about now.

21. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Hoots: Woohoo, congrats!!

22. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@FannyMae: I've been sneezy and blowing my nose all day, ugh!

23. Ashleigh3388

coffee bean / 47 posts

@fannymae -- my first appt is also on the 8th. We will be closer to 9 weeks I think!

@sarahnicole218 -- I'm in the same boat! We struggled with unexplained infertility and it took us almost 3 years to get this positive! I'm worries about my lack of symptoms. The only thing I've really noticed is the empty stomach nausea feeling. Not really sick but just not quite right. I was googling everything and had to stop myself because it was making me worry way to much.

24. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@Hoots: Yay!! Welcome @Ashleigh3388: I have the empty stomach nausea too! Like if I don't eat that second, I will puke. Luckily I've had food nearby every time it's happened

I had my consultation with the midwife in my OB group today! It went great and I've decided to switch to her care. She was so supportive and open to any questions I had. She explained to me all the techniques that she uses to help support women through their labor, like massage, essential oils, birthing balls and the tub/shower. She is happy to do delayed cord clamping or placental encapsulation. She takes a limited caseload so she can be with every mama during delivery, so I know I will be with her. She also said that she will keep an open relationship with my regular OB-GYN so that she is in the loop if I do have to transfer care, so I'm happy about that too. Overall I feel a good vibe with her and think that she will help me have a positive birth experience! I have my first ultrasound in 2 weeks and I'll be about 8 weeks so hopefully we will see a heartbeat!! It's so exciting!

25. Ashleigh3388

coffee bean / 47 posts

@peaches1038. I never have food near by. I'm not much of an eater (unless there are potatoes around!) so I struggle with the yucky feeling every 3-4 hours. Started noticing a little heart burn last night when I was trying to sleep. I feel like maybe here comes the "symptoms" I've been waiting on to confirm this for me!

Also, my sister is sending me a fetal Doppler, has anyone had any luck with these in the past? I'm sure it won't pick up anything for a couple of weeks but I'm hopeful!

26. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@Hoots: congrats and welcome!

27. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Ashleigh3388: Google can be evil! Haha. I think maybe yesterday for the first time I had a little empty stomach nauseau...I'm certain it's a small hint of what's to come!

28. MoreCoffee

apricot / 320 posts

Congrats to the new joiners! Love to see this thread getting busy.

@peaches1038: Glad your consultation went well! I switched to a hospital midwives group halfway through my first pregnancy and was so happy with the level of care. It sounds like you've found a good fit!

@Ashleigh3388: I have one! I started using it around 10 weeks last time and could easily find the hb at that point. I've been trying since 7 weeks this time and no luck so far. I've seen people online find it as early as 8!

I had my first prenatal appointment yesterday and it was basically a long chat with the midwife and DH. Because my son was a few days past due, they want to do an ultrasound this time around to establish an accurate due date. Fingers crossed we see a healthy 8 week little bean on Monday!

29. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

Super excited to join. I didn't find HB until I was 9 months pregnant with my first, so I'm glad to have some other ladies to go through this with.

EDD: November 27, 2015

How far along: 4 wks

First child? #2, DS is 20 months old.

First doctor appointment: I'm just calling the doctor's office today, so not sure yet.

Any symptoms so far? Cramps for a few days, super tired the last two days. I have a sore throat and headache, but I think those are more cold symptoms. Ugh, I would love some Tylenol Cold and Flu right about now.

Who have you told? Just DH and I know so far. We haven't decided when to start telling family, but probably pretty soon.

30. StrawberryShortie

cherry / 241 posts

So happy for all the new babies coming!

I'm so nervous about my blood work. Now the lab says it won't be back until Monday! Grrr and I'm still getting mixed results on HPTs

I remember with my first that my levels were low in the beginning relative to how far along I was but the HPTs are really sensitive now aren't they?

Still nauseous (I feel better when I eat), sleepy, gassy (TMI) and no sign of AF.

Does drinking too much water affect the test?

So many questions!

31. StrawberryShortie

cherry / 241 posts

@JennyG: Congrats Mama! Our #1 LO are only two months apart and our due dates are close. Yay buddies!

32. StrawberryShortie

cherry / 241 posts

@Ashleigh3388: I am the same! I always forget food. I started buying oatmeal in metric tons at Costco to keep at work, otherwise I stuck eating off friends at work lol

33. Ashleigh3388

coffee bean / 47 posts

@strawberryshortie -- I didn't get a positive on a home test with my 5 year old until i was 9 weeks. he just had slow to rise HGC. With this one I had a feeling before I missed my period but was to afraid to test. After trying for so long seeing the negative was getting to me. Finally after 3 days of no show aunt flo, I took a test and it was bright. then i took one everyday for 4 days after. My dr said there really aren't any false positives. Id say if you have a positive you're pregnant. Are you testing positive on a line test then negative on a digital?

34. Ashleigh3388

coffee bean / 47 posts

@morecoffee -- I would love to get one at 10 weeks. Heck earlier would be better. Ill be 8 + 5 when I go to the dr for the first time and I'm not sure if they will do a doppler or ultrasound. Its been so long I can't remember what happens aside from blood work. My dr knows we've struggled so I'm crossing my fingers that he'll do a scan. I'm not sure what kind of doppler it is, I've been reading and some women say they have got it at home around 7.5 weeks. That would be fantastic and calm my fears a bit.

any one wake up with a ginormous chest today? Even my hubs was like "Where did those come from?" I wonder if its true that you show faster the second time around.

35. StrawberryShortie

cherry / 241 posts

@Ashleigh3388: I don't usually do the digital. I got faint BFP on first response and then nada on the cheapy dollar store ones

Hearing your story is so reassuring though, thank you!

36. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@JennyG: welcome I hear you on the cold & flu tabs, I'm struggling to overcome this cough/stuffy nose on day 5 of sickness. grrrr!!

@StrawberryShortie: gassy you say? no joke, i'm tooting like a train all day long!!

@Ashleigh3388: with my last pregnancies my boobs were so sore and massive, this time nothing! barely sore to touch, same size. the only thing the same is that my nipples are darker, which has happened with all 3 pregnancies. I think its one of the first signs that I'm knocked up.

37. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@JennyG: Congrats!!!!!

@StrawberryShortie: Drinking water will dilute the HCG in your urine, so maybe do a 4 hour hold without much water and see if FRER is darker. I would only use the same brand for line comparison though. I think FRERs are definitely more sensitive than even they advertise. I know a girl who set off a FRER really early with an HCG level of 13.

Also does anyone have varying levels of breast tenderness/soreness or is it constant? Mine was really bad yesterday, but not so much today. I'm not really sure if that's normal or not. I need to stop obsessing and just relax until the third beta comes back, but it's so freaking hard!

38. Ashleigh3388

coffee bean / 47 posts

@hoots -- I was wondering the same thing. Mine seem like the tenderness comes and goes whenever it pleases. And they hurt more if I wear a bra, no bra means no pain. It's so weird. For about 6 days the pain was just tender nipples, then it went to the sides near the arm pit. Now they don't really hurt at all anywhere they just feel huge.

39. Ashleigh3388

coffee bean / 47 posts

@strawberryshortie -- I hope you find your BFP soon. I can see how seeing both would be totally stressful.

@fannymae - I don't remember any of this from the last time. Some times I think they look darker then later they don't. I thought they were getting more bumpy but that's gone as well. I feel like the wait before the first dr appt is worse then the TWW.

40. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@Ashleigh3388: Okay, that makes me feel better. It kind of freaked me out because usually my breasts are sore after I O and then goes away right before I start AF. They were really sore Wednesday night-Friday morning. Yesterday afternoon, it went to just the nipples (and not that much).

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee