Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2012- How much are your babies eating?

1. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@katsupgirl: yeah, i nurse twice after i get home. once right away, then before bed. i figure she drinks 5 oz in the morning nurse...6 oz while i'm away...and then i hope 4 oz at each session in the evening. so almost 20 oz in the best case scenario? maybe 15 oz in the worst case? i have no idea.

@mrskc: she definitely has upped her solid intake at lunch and dinner on the weekdays, and you're right, i nurse every 3-4 hours on the weekends and she is not as hungry for solids. is he eating hearty solids while you are away? like lots of meats and high fat dairy? or is it mostly veggies?

i guess i am just stressed out by it, but my husband isn't worried at all.

2. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@SleepyMonkey: Maybe she's just transitioning to more of a solids-based diet, like we're "supposed" to do around 12 months anyway... I haven't spoken to my ped about it in great detail, but I think she mentioned something about 17oz of milk and the rest of his food from solids once they are a year. L is just being precocious!

3. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@Beehive: well that makes me feel a little better! thanks i just cannot believe how stubborn she can be!

4. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@SleepyMonkey: it varies at daycare. He has days of not eating or drinking much and days where he'll eat a ton but milk intake is still low. He eats a lot of cheese and bread. and some meat and fruit and veggies.

5. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@SleepyMonkey: i'm right there with you!! i'm really concerned about him not getting enough milk!! I think he gets probably 6-8 oz in our am session, 6-8 while i'm gone, and then probably 5 at bedtime? he eats a TON of solids, so i'm wondering if i should cut back and increase more milk?

6. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@mrsjyw: I guess a lot of mamas are dealing with this too! Phew. I'm going to ask the pedi at her 12 month appt about it. I was planning on weaning her by then but I think it's going to be tough to transition to whole milk since she is such a little boob monster. My nanny has tried everything to get her to drink milk. Feeding her with a spoon, using various cups, etc. LO refuses them all. Causing mama a lot of stress!

7. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@SleepyMonkey: have you tried mixing it with breastmilk? Maybe start out with 75% BM & 25% cow's milk and slowly get her used to it.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee