Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2014 Mothers-To-Be!

1. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

Wow I had a totally sucky day today, my mum (my best friend) had an abnormal mammogram last week and today they were doing a biopsy for cancer, we will hear the results on wed. I managed to stay strong all day but came home and completely broke down to DH. This has stopped me in my tracks in telling anyone our news,funnily enough all my pregnancy symptoms disappeared today when I have something else to concentrate on. Sob

2. Mirage

grape / 81 posts

Hey! So I have my first real pre-natal visit on Feb 27th, but I have an unofficial appointment tomorrow, that I actually had to talk to him about other things. Is there anything in particular I should ask? Would it be weird for me to ask for a blood test to confirm the pregnancy? I have had 2 positive test and lots of symptoms, but for some reason it doesn't feel real yet!

3. wonderstruck

pomegranate / 3791 posts

@however briefly: I dealt with that same exact thing! I was constantly having to check the thermostat because I'd want to strip my son down to his diaper or bundle him up based on how I was feeling...and then I would check and see that it was a completely normal 73 degrees in the house, haha. And awesome news on your betas =)

@bushelandapeck: I get hormonal and emotional too. That was especially awkward at work - one time my boss reprimanded me for something, and I seriously went into the bathroom and cried. It wasn't even something that was a big deal! Although I did discover that irrational customers were much less likely to yell at me about things that weren't my fault once I was showing.

4. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

So today I had my last client (I'm a newborn/toddler photographer) here in England. That means I have the next two and a half months to get my house organized and packed as well as plan out this international move (the hardest part I think will be getting our three kitties back to the States). I feel like this weight has been lifted off of me now that I know I won't have any frantic deadlines to worry about and I also know that even though 2 1/2 months FEELS like a long time to get everything done, it's going to go by so quickly! Our last move was a few years ago and luckily we just moved from Germany to England so it wasn't super far because I ended up hospitalized the few days leading up to the movers coming and it was a chaotic mess that I swore would not happen again. So here's to being way more organized this time around!

@Mrs tartan: I'm sorry you're having such a hard time of it! I know you're in pain and you also don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable with your news but I honestly think that maybe this sort of news would be a positive distraction for your mum? I mean, obviously you're not going to go in wanting to throw a party but what grandmother wouldn't be happy to hear about a baby?

@Mirage: I don't think it's weird at all!

5. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@however briefly: thanks, I'm sure hoping she will be fine and it turns out ok, I'm holding off to hear on wed but I think I will tell my parents this weekend, either as a positive to cheer up or a celebration of good news. Great news about you finishing up and packing, 10 weeks will fly by, it's not long at all to move your life!

6. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

@bushelandapeck: Thanks! I've turned down the trip- I think that while I understand why they want me to go, it's just a little too much to add to my plate at the moment.

@bushelandapeck: I've noticed the temperature thing too, although I tend to be cold all the time, unless the thermostat is at least 68*. However I'm now bundling up at 70*, so I sympathize! And OMG, you're a newborn photographer? Just imagine what amazing baby/kid photos your kid is going to have! I really wish I had any talent as a photographer, because this is the kind of thing you really want to document!

@Mrs tartan: I don't have anything to say, but I wanted to send big hugs to you, and to let you know that I'm thinking about you and you mum, and am praying that everything turns out just fine on Wednesday.

7. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs tartan: How scary! I'll be thinking of you and praying that your mom is alright.
    @Mirage: Congrats! Is your EDD 10/10? I think you could certainly ask for a blood test but they may not see the need. In my experience they feel a positive pregnancy test is just as good, unless you have reason to be concerned. I would ask anything you have questions about at this stage-food, medication, symptoms, etc.

8. Mrs. Jellyfish

blogger / grape / 99 posts

Hello, ladies! I am new around these parts

When Did You Find Out?: 1/22

Child Number: 1

Where You Live: Southern California

What kind of provider will you see?: I am torn. I would like to see a midwife/have a home birth, but I have Kaiser insurance. I am thinking of switching to a different provider, researching that now. As of right now I have an OB through Kaiser.

When's Your First Appointment?: Well, I already had one. I had some bleeding and cramping in the very beginning, and they wanted to take blood to see what was happening. I had two blood draws and my numbers increased well, so that was a good sign. My next appointment is this Thursday, 2/6.

What kind of birth do you want?: One that ends with a happy and healthy baby and mama.

What You're Most Excited For: Honestly, everything.

What You're Most Scared About: Tearing, and all of the other scary scary things that can happen. But I am practicing positive thinking and trying not to worry about it at all.

Symptoms so far: The most painful boobs. Also, I have been sick with a cold/cough every since I found out. Nothing else so far!

I took a test because I was suspicious 6 days before my period was due, and I was shocked that it was positive! This was 8dpo. At 10dpo I had some moderate cramping and mild bleeding, and ended up at the dr. just to be sure (first time pregnant here, can you tell???). According to the doctor it was implantation bleeding, as my cervix was tightly closed and my blood test came back positive. Now I am just sitting tight waiting for my next appointment this week. It's hard because while I want as few ultrasounds as possible, I also really want some sort of concrete confirmation that there is a creature growing in there!

9. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

@Ms.Pumpkin: I'm kinda obsessive about taking photos so this poor kid is probably going to be so over having a camera shoved in their face pretty early on in life I think I am just bummed that we will be no where near all my sets and props during that magical 7-8 days old! My husband's already had the discussion with me about how we cannot take an extra suitcase full of my photography stuff as we'll have more than enough baggage to tote around already. Darn!

10. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

@megan: welcome!

October Mamas
    9/29 Mrs. Koloa (#1)
    9/30 Mrs. Tartan (#1)
    10/01 bushelandapeck (#2)
    10/03 mirage
    10/10 However Briefly (#1)
    10/14 Cole (#1)
    10/14 Ms.Pumpkin (#1)

10/15 wonderstruck (#2)
    10/17 lioneyes (#1)
    TBD hotpink (#2)
    TBD megan (#1)

Appointments
    2/05 however briefly (beta #3)
    2/06 megan
    2/11 Mrs. Tartan
    2/18 Mrs. Tartan
    2/20 Mrs. Koloa
    2/24 bushelandapeck (u/s)
    2/27 mirage
    2/28 lioneyes
    3/05 Ms. Pumpkin
    3/05 bushelandapeck

11. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

Congratulations and welcome to all the new joiners! I am so glad our little group is growing by leaps and bounds!

@Mrs tartan: I am so sorry about your mom, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I really hope Wednesday brings good news. I went through the cancer thing with my dad two years ago and it was rough, if you ever need to chat I am here.

In other newsI chickened out from telling our friends, it still feels so surreal! Plus I had quite a few wondfo hpts and I keep taking them and the line is getting darker but it is still really faint so I think I am partially waiting for some type of blazing positive on those. I only had two frer and with two days in between taking them it got darker but not a huge amount. I am still having symptoms and no cramping or spotting so I am probably being silly but it is still so nerve wracking.

I am a nanny, I work for two families. One mom and I are pretty good friends at this point and I will probably tell her in March around 8 or 9 weeks since she will honestly probably guess by then anyway. The other mom I won't tell until we are out of the first trimester unless I have to. The good news is I am not going to be totally messing up anyone's childcare plans so I don't feel guilty about not giving tons of notice.

@mrskoloa: I literally laughed out loud at the idea of the coconut wireless!

12. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

Went to bed early tonight because DH is sick and I wanted to keep him company, only to wake up five minutes ago in a cold sweat from a horrible anxiety dream of having screaming and hungry newborn twins and no formula to feed them. I guess I'm a lot more nervous about our TRIPLING hcg levels than I thought! I really can't wait until next week for the u/s if only so I can get some decent sleep! This not knowing is driving me quite batty!

13. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@however briefly: I hate being in limbo! Not knowing would drive me batty too. I can't wait to hear how many are in there!

I saw on here that the cartwheel app for Target had 40% off a maternity item and so I went over after work to take a tentative peek. I wound up buying a black tshirt dress to use to take bump photos. It is super comfy and right now it feels like it has tons of stretch, I will be interested to see how it feels at the end. I may or may not have stuffed my scarf in the dress while in the dressing room to see if it had potential to work...

Has anyone else bought anything yet?

14. mrskoloa

cherry / 242 posts

@bushelandapeck: I'm not moody, but I'm definitely sick. SICK! Sick of being sick. I already told my husband that this is going to be his one and only child. It's terrible. I haven't thrown up yet, but the constant seasickness is wearing on me. I've been eating Ricola like it's crack.

@Ms.Pumpkin: Wedding in April?!?! I hope you have a coordinator! It was the only way I could deal with our nuptials, seriously.

@however briefly: Yay for betas! Can't wait to finally see what's in there! My doctor called about my betas 1 and 2 today. My numbers for the first one (on Wednesday) were around 9,000 and the numbers for the second one (on Friday) were around 15,500. Also, you totally have my blessing to keep updating the list. I can't focus on anything right now. What does your husband do? You're so lucky you're a photographer! You'll be able to catch your child in the most adorable poses. Also, have you thought about trying to breastfeed yourself? I was reading an article about stimulating your breasts to get them to produce breastmilk (https://breastfeedingusa.org/content/article/breastfeeding-your-adopted-baby).

@Mrs tartan: Oh no! Hopefully they will have caught things early enough to be able to prevent anything further from happening and take care of any situation that arises.

@Mirage: I don't think it's weird to ask for a blood test to confirm; the doctor is going to do that at your next appt anyway.

@megan: Yay! Congratulations!

@Cole: The coconut wireless is TERRIBLE here. It doesn't help that my husband is a firefighter... they are the WORST GOSSIPS EVER!!! There is a saying here. If you want everyone to know something, you do the following: Tell a Friend, Tel-e-phone, Tell a Fireman. You should try to Clearblue Digital with the Weeks thing. That might make you feel a little more confident because it gives you an estimate of how many weeks pregnant you actually are, plus you don't have to analyze any lines. They're a little pricey though, $8 a test. But can you put a price on the peace of mind? and UGH, no I haven't figured out what I'm going to do about these photos. I have to get serious about it. I just don't think anything I already own will work, and I definitely want to do belly-covered photos. I'll have to keep thinking. Maybe a one-piece swimsuit?

15. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

@Cole: I know exactly what you mean! I took several FRERs, and then had an initial blood test at the doctor's just to confirm, but for some reason, I'm still peeing on Wondfos, and flipping out because they're not super dark! Watch me go buy more FRERs just to keep my anxiety levels in check!

Of course symptoms are coming and going, but every once in a while, I'll get a weird burpy/queasy moment, and that oddly makes me feel better. I've been getting some really light cramping, but everybody says that's normal, so I'm not going to freak out about that!

@megan: Congrats and welcome!

16. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

@Cole: I kinda already have pretty much everything we need for this kid. We've been planning this for three years now (and I'm OCD with planning to the extreme) and since the RE told my sister she would have no problems getting pregnant right away, I figured I might as well research products and make a spreadsheet tracking prices for each one so I could catch the stuff I want when it's deeply discounted. I don't think I've paid more than 60% of the regular price on anything but now that we are getting ready to move, literally 1/4 of our stuff is all unused baby stuff! Maybe it would have been better to wait after all, whoops!

@mrskoloa: I have thought about, and would really like to, breastfeed. I talked to my doctor about it a couple of months ago but unfortunately I have a heart condition and the medication I'm on passes through into the breastmilk and is extremely dangerous to babies. There MIGHT be an alternative medication I could try and see if it worked for my situation but it has some icky side effects and I would need to see a cardiologist about that to monitor me. The cardiologist here is a bit too far away for me to regularly see so I'm going to wait until we get to the US and then see if this is an option worth pursuing. My sister is going to breastfeed for the first week though and is willing to pump for however long we'll be on the east coast (my inlaws live a few hours away so we'll probably spend a week with my sister and then a week down with DH's family and then the kid should be able to fly home).

@Ms.Pumpkin: @Cole: I'm so sorry you have this anxiety! Hopefully your first ultrasounds will come quickly so you can actually see the baby and have it feel real and a bit more permanent. But yeah. See, it's little things like this that have me so nervous about twins! I know it's completely normal to not have a super dark line at this point in time except our line did this at 4 weeks 2 days (three days ago) and my SIL keeps on calling me up and talking twins to me (she has twin siblings and twin nephews) and it's terrifying the heck out of me! (I seriously appologize for bringing this up over and over again. It really is all I can think about right now and I'm sure you all are just as anxious as I am for the ultrasound next week if only so I'll stop whining about for a bit LOL)

17. Mrs. Deer

blogger / persimmon / 1231 posts

Hello ladies!! I'm still in complete shock but figured I should join in!

EDD: October 14th (though I think it's a few days later)

When Did You Find Out?:Yesterday!

Child Number:2

Where You Live:Monterey, CA but we're from Seattle (yay Seahawks!!!)

What kind of provider will you see?: I really want to see a midwife, but our options are really limited because of our insurance (military) and with Monterey being such a small town. I think we'll end up seeing an OB.

When's Your First Appointment?: No idea, need to get on it!

What kind of birth do you want? Not sure. I had an unmedicated hospital birth last time and while it was awesome, it was also very painful and intense. I wish I could have a water birth at a birth center, but that's not an option so I'm not sure.

What You're Most Excited For: To see this new baby's face and see Lucy as a big sister. She's still my baby, I can't even imagine!

What You're Most Scared About: Nausea. I was on Zofran up until the day I delivered last time. I didn't even start feeling a tad less nauseous until week 19. Now that we don't live near family I'm terrified of taking care of a toddler by myself if I'm so sick again.

Symptoms so far:Full feeling and getting up to pee at night.

Here's a pic of the test from yesterday and the soon-to-be big sister! Can't wait to get to know you ladies better and congrats!!

18. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Ms.Pumpkin: I totally contemplated getting more frer but I decided against it. My Wondfos finally have a really nice line as of this morning though and there is definitely a good progression when I look at all of them in order. I keep burping too, it is horrible!

@however briefly: We are pretty close to set for a baby too, I am a nanny and have been accepting hand me downs for awhile now so I have enough clothes for three girls and most of the gear I will need. Plus a friend is due soon and our babies will be 7 months apart so I am hoping I can borrow her swing and exersaucer for a few months. That line is waaaaaaay darker than mine!

@Mrs. Deer: Congratulations! Lucy is adorable! Is that stool an ikea hack? It looks like a great size.

19. Mrs. Deer

@Cole: Yup! DH just finished it last weekend, we love it!

20. wonderstruck

pomegranate / 3791 posts

@however briefly: I feel like I should know this but I guess I missed a post...is there a reason they think you might be having twins? I know it's usually genetic, but your SIL isn't blood-related to you (I'm assuming) so don't let her freak you out too much!

Speaking of twins, when I showed DH our digital test it said, 'Pregnant 1-2.' Of course it means 1-2 weeks since conception, but DH thought it meant we might be having twins! Haha.

21. wonderstruck

pomegranate / 3791 posts

I'm updating this because I have set dates for my first appointment and my first ultrasound!

October Mamas
    9/29 Mrs. Koloa (#1)
    9/30 Mrs. Tartan (#1)
    10/01 bushelandapeck (#2)
    10/03 mirage
    10/10 However Briefly (#1)
    10/14 Cole (#1)
    10/14 Ms.Pumpkin (#1)

10/14 Mrs. Deer (#2)
    10/15 wonderstruck (#2)
    10/17 lioneyes (#1)
    TBD hotpink (#2)
    TBD megan (#1)

Appointments
    2/05 however briefly (beta #3)
    2/06 megan
    2/11 Mrs. Tartan
    2/18 Mrs. Tartan
    2/20 Mrs. Koloa
    2/24 bushelandapeck (u/s)
    2/24 Wonderstruck
    2/27 mirage
    2/28 lioneyes
    3/05 Ms. Pumpkin
    3/05 bushelandapeck
    3/10 Wonderstruck (u/s)

22. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

@wonderstruck: That's hilarious! You should take that Clearblue test again in 2 weeks, so you can give him a heart attack when it says 3-4!

23. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Congrats October mamas! I cannnnnnnot believe it's already this time again. I found out one year ago that I was expecting my LO! I was due 10/14 (I O'd late and thought I would be due later but she always measured right on for that due date!) I was in labor all day on her due date and had her on 10/15. So excited for all of you to have your own October babies! Sending my best wishes!!!

24. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@megan: welcome and congratulations!
    @Mrs. Deer: welcome, your LO is gorgeous.

Have any of you had any morning sickness yet? I had one real bad day before I got my BFP but nothing since then and I am 6 weeks today, hoping I am a lucky one!

25. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs tartan: no real sickness yet but it didn't start for me until closer to 6-7 weeks before. I never got super sick with LO though, just nauseous when I was hungry. I hope it's the same this time!
    @Mrs. Deer: congratulations! Your LO is adorable.

I think we have a lot of things we will use from LO #1 for this baby. We will need a new crib, dresser, second camera for the monitor, sound machine, and some decor for his/her room, but that's about it. If it's a girl, we will need some clothes but can reuse a lot from LO that were gender neutral. Speaking of gender, are folks finding out or staying team green? I would like to stay TG, but DH is excited to find out again so we will probably do that.

26. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@bushelandapeck: DH really does not want to find out, but I do. I think we will cross that bridge when we come to it. How many weeks are you now?

27. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

@Mrs. Deer: Congrats and welcome!

@wonderstruck: We did IUI with clomid and this cycle had three follies (although two were a bit smaller) so we've known there would be a small chance (20%) but I just kinda have brushed it aside as very not likely. But then her beta results have been coming in and they are very high and the growth rate is tripling instead of doubling. Both of those are typical for twins (or multiples) but also could just be on the very high end of a singleton as well but it has me suddenly nervous. I guess the reality of actually possibly having twins has finally hit or something!

@kjpugs: Thank you!

28. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs tartan: if you go by LMP, I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. I think I ovulated late though, so I'm probably more like 5w2d.

29. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

@bushelandapeck: I thought being TG would be fun and I don't really like gender-specific stuff anyway so I figured it wouldn't be a big deal either way. But DH doesn't understand why we would choose to wait when we could instead find out and my sister said that there's no way she would be able to handle not knowing. She offered to just not tell us but I'm one of those people who can NOT handle surprises. If someone knows something that I don't, I HAVE to know as well; it just pisses me off, hahahha!

So we will definitely be finding out as soon as they'll tell us.

30. wonderstruck

pomegranate / 3791 posts

@Mrs tartan: None yet, but with my first pregnancy I was completely miserable and started throwing up by the 4 week point, and it never got much better. Zofran kept it from absolutely taking over my life, but I felt nauseous the entire 9 months and still threw up once a day at least. I think that's why I'm not really afraid of delivery this time - labor is a day or two, it's much easier to forget than 9 months of vomiting!

I'll be 4 weeks on Wednesday, and so far I haven't been sick! But if anyone is struggling with it I have tons of advice because I basically tried everything! I already have all the things that helped me last time in the house just in case.

31. Mrs. Deer

@Mrs tartan: I hope you can avoid it! Mine started right at 6 weeks last time

@however briefly: the idea of twins is scary yet so exciting!!! I can't wait to hear!

@wonderstruck: right there with you with the nausea and vomiting the first time around so hoping this pregnancy is different!

I love the idea of being TG but I couldn't actually do it... I want to know! If we eventually have both a boy and a girl I would love to do it in the future though.

We're hopefully taking a little video tonight and sending it to our parents to tell them, so excited! I've texted a few close friends but will otherwise keep quiet once our family knows.

Anybody else telling friends or family early on?

32. hotpink

cherry / 103 posts

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies. I am super excited for all the October babies to be!

@bushelandapeck: LO is 15months, also an October baby!

I visited the Dr. today for my LO's appointment, we go to family practice, so I got to chat with the Dr. a bit about my pregnancy, which was super exciting. I have a Midwife who I need to get in touch with to get a appointment, I guess around 8 weeks.

33. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs. Deer: I've told one girlfriend but that's it. We won't tell anyone until we hear the heartbeat. I'm a little paranoid, especially since we had a loss in November. I know I will want to tell everyone once we hear that wonderful sound

34. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

@Mrs. Deer: Next week after the ultrasound we'll be telling both sets of grandparents. We were thinking we'd just call them as, if we request to skype, they will all instantly know what we want to talk about, but I'm now leaning towards just making a video instead. It's something personal that they can keep if they wanted rather than a quick call while they are at work (we are 8 hours ahead of my parents and 5 hours ahead of my inlaws).

Other than that, my bff is the only non-family to know as of yet. Family-wise, my SIL & BIL know right now as well as my sister (LOL, I would hope so seeing as she's the one actually carrying the baby for us!). Once we tell the grandparents, we're not letting anyone else know until the 12 week point.

35. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

@Mrs. Deer: Wooo hoo! Congrats!

We are telling maybe 2 or 3 people early on- a girlfriend of mine, because she's got 2 kids, and can give me support on pregnancy stuff, and my SIL, who is a doctor, and can give really good, impartial advice. We'll probably wait at least until my first appt at 8 weeks to tell our parents.

@bushelandapeck: I honestly don't think I have the patience to be Team Green- I am really not into gendered stuff for babies at all, but I don't know if I could stand not knowing! I haven't even discussed that with the Mr., but hopefully we'll agree on this one point, or at least he won't have strong feelings either way.

36. Mrs. Deer

@bushelandapeck: Totally understandable. I'm definitely more worried about miscarriage this time around, it just was too easy. And I know so many people that have had one.

@Ms.Pumpkin: thanks!!

@however briefly: Do a video!

We made ours today and it went over great. We told our family the last time we were pregnant by writing it out with chalk on the sidewalk and taking a picture of it with our feet in it and a little pair of baby shoes in the picture. So this time we took a video of Lucy drawing with chalk on the ground and surprised them by panning out and showing that it said she was going to be a big sister. It definitely surprised everyone, they all thought it was just another cute video of Lucy. And no one suspected we were trying again either. Here's a screenshot of the video.

37. hotpink

cherry / 103 posts

@Mrs. Deer: That is such a cute idea! The screen shot is adorable

38. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs. Deer: what a cute idea for a picture!

39. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

@mrs. deer I told my 2 best friends, texted them a pic of the positive test like, "WTF!!!" they both have had babies in the past year. was skyping w/ my other close friend yesterday (she's living abroad and is pregnant) and she was like, i had a dream 2 nights ago you were pregnant. so i HAD to tell her. we're going to my parents this weekend and will tell them then, then plan to hold off until 12+ weeks for everyone else, including my in laws.

40. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

@Mrs. Deer: That is a very cute photo and cute idea for a video! We originally were just thinking about recording ourselves just talking about it but I think we may do something more visual like this instead although it will be fairly short and to the point. We're planning on brainstorming tonight. (Also, I am super jealous that you have gorgeous sun like that! I am in the middle of a huge wind and rain storm at the moment. It's so loud and insane right now! I keep expecting the trees to fall down around me.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee