Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2014 Mothers-To-Be!

1. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

Hi ladies! I'm really hoping to join all of you. I'm currently in limbo after getting a BFP on Sunday but then having a lot of spotting and some episodes of red blood yesterday. I'll find out what my hcg levels are doing on Friday! I'm 5w today, so an ultrasound showed very little other than definite implantation and a sac. I'll "officially join" when I know things are moving along as they should.

2. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Tidybee: sending you lots of sticky baby dust and hoping you are here for good!

3. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

Had third beta today and they more than doubled (not quite tripled) yet again although they're at the level where it should be slowing down. So the hcg is determined to keep me nervous about twins it appears. First ultrasound scheduled for the 13th which will be 6 weeks exactly!

@Tidybee: Crossing my fingers for you!

4. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

October Mamas
    9/29 Mrs. Koloa (#1)
    9/30 Mrs. Tartan (#1)
    10/01 bushelandapeck (#2)
    10/03 mirage
    10/10 However Briefly (#1)
    10/14 Cole (#1)
    10/14 Ms.Pumpkin (#1)

10/14 Mrs. Deer (#2)
    10/15 wonderstruck (#2)
    10/17 lioneyes (#1)
    TBD hotpink (#2)
    TBD megan (#1)

Appointments
    2/06 megan
    2/11 Mrs. Tartan
    2/13 however briefly (u/s)
    2/18 Mrs. Tartan
    2/20 Mrs. Koloa
    2/24 bushelandapeck (u/s)
    2/24 Wonderstruck
    2/27 mirage
    2/28 lioneyes
    3/05 Ms. Pumpkin
    3/05 bushelandapeck
    3/10 Wonderstruck (u/s)

5. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

@Tidybee: Welcome, and my fingers and toes are crossed that your baby sticks! Hope to see you here for good!

6. Mrs. Deer

blogger / persimmon / 1231 posts

@lioneyes: yeah I texted two friends right away, I was too excited! are you going to do anything fun for telling your parents?

@however briefly: yeah I definitely recommend a fun video! and wow about the betas...can't wait to hear on the 13th!

@Tidybee: hope all is well. I know that can also be normal but definitely scary. Please let us know!

7. Mrs. Jellyfish

blogger / grape / 99 posts

I have my first OB appointment tomorrow, and after that I am hoping to switch to a midwife. I'm only keeping this appointment to get some blood work done and just ask a few questions. My insurance coverage changes on 3/1, and then I will be able to see a midwife (we are going to start interviewing some next week). My concern is doing an ultrasound tomorrow. I would really rather not. I will be approx 5w4d, and I know that they could see something with the vaginal ultrasound, but I really do want to wait a bit before doing it. Is anyone else waiting a little while before getting a dating/first ultrasound? Kaiser is very VERY proactive about all kinds of tests and interventions, and I'm really trying to avoid unnecessary things.

8. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

@megan: Hmmm, I don't know. I'm in quite a different situation myself. We have to have an early ultrasound (at 6 weeks) to be released by the RE to see an ob/gyn. I think if we did have a choice and if there wasn't a chance of having multiples, I would have liked to wait like you until absolutely needed.

I found this link: http://www.permanente.net/homepage/kaiser/pdf/6289.pdf Looks like you have the option to defer ultrasounds as long as you realize you may miss pertinent information?

9. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

Ah, just reread your post and I misunderstood the first time. I think your choice is a very valid one

10. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

So I'm nervous to join, just got my BFP today...

EDD:oct 14 based on LMP

When Did You Find Out?: this morning on a wondfo, confirmed with a FRER this afternoon

Child Number:1

Where You Live: Nova Scotia

What kind of provider will you see?: I have been seeing an ob while trying to figure why we were having trouble, but I'd like to see a midwife

When's Your First Appointment?: don't have one yet. I'm going to the lab to get blood drawn tomorrow, betas and also want to have my progesterone levels checked.

What kind of birth do you want?: ideally one with the least amount of intervention, but I understand situations arise...

What You're Most Excited For: being pregnant, feeling my body change and knowing there is a little person in there

What You're Most Scared About: another miscarriage, that was honestly the hardest thing ever for me, it took us 7 cycles the first time and then another 8 this time....

Symptoms so far:sore boobs, so tired, already had 2 cat naps today! And tmi but gas, not burps, but the other end!

Post a picture... any picture!

11. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrsk: congratulations! I visited NS once after my senior year I college and it was so beautiful! I would love to go back.

12. mrskoloa

cherry / 242 posts

@megan: The vaginal ultrasound can rule out the possibility of an eptopic pregnancy.

13. Mrs. Deer

blogger / persimmon / 1231 posts

@Mrsk: congrats and welcome!!

@megan: you don't need to have an ultrasound that early if you don't want one, just say no thank you! It wasn't routine at my hospital and she phrased it like "we can take a quick peak if you'd like for fun or wait until your 12 week appt." I say do what you're comfortable with

14. wonderstruck

pomegranate / 3791 posts

@Tidybee: Good luck, hoping to hear good news from you on Friday!

@megan: I would do the ultrasound - not to sound morbid, but I know women who skipped that first ultrasound and then ended up having an eptopic pregnancy (which is quite dangerous if not caught early on) or had a baby with no heartbeat, like it had stopped developing almost immediately and they didn't know it for quite some time. I also avoided unnecessary tests - seriously, I had zero blood draws done during my pregnancy, and only two ultrasounds, but that very first one is quite important.

@Mrsk: Congrats! Sending sticky baby dust your way.

15. mrskoloa

cherry / 242 posts

Hey girls, I'm feeling super discouraged. Feeling nauseous all the time is getting me down. Also, I'm tired. I haven't thrown up yet, and I'm not even sure that throwing up would actually help. I stopped taking B6, and the nausea got better, but I want it to go away completely... then again, I'm scared for it to go away because that might mean a missed miscarriage.

I got in a fight with my parents about something no one can change (my dad's personality), and now I don't know when or how I can tell them the news.

I feel guilty that my chiropractor knows I'm pregnant and my parents don't.

I'm having a down day

In other news, my husband seems to finally realize there is a baby inside of me. We were at a family gathering and everyone was drinking wine; I was pretending to drink my glass and he practically slapped it out of my hand and scolded me on the way home about how alcohol can transfer through my lips! We're almost finished building a house and there was a ton of touch up painting to do. I told him that the doctor was worried about the fumes and my husband managed to get all of the painting done himself while I was at work. His love language is through his actions, apparently (because it is definitely not through gift giving!). So that's nice.

Here is a picture to cheer me up when I scroll through these pages. It is my husband when he was a baby. I superimposed it onto a beach, because it is hilarious.

16. mrskoloa

cherry / 242 posts

It's working.

17. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@Mrsk: welcome!

@mrskoloa: I'm sorry you are having a tough time, I sympathise, I don't have sickness but my back pain is getting unbearable. I'm also with you on the family front, we are still waiting on my mums hospital results so haven't told them yet either and i sooo want to. Just wanted to say you are not alone and it's normal to be emotional just now. Hugs, feel better, and your picture is hilarious!

18. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Tidybee: My fingers are crossed for you and I am hoping for a sticky baby!

@however briefly: Crazy news! I am excited for the ultrasound.

@Mrsk: Congratulations and welcome!

@mrskoloa: I am sorry you were having a rough day, I hope things get better. I am really struggling with when/how to tell my mom too, my dad passed away a year and half ago and our relationship took a nosedive at Christmas and we haven't spoken since. It is really eating at me and I don't know how to handle it.

I have my first meeting with a midwife today, this one delivers in a local baby friendly hospital so I will probably continue to see her for co-care even if we decide to go with a homebirth. We start meeting with hb midwives this weekend!

19. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@mrskoloa: Best. Picture. Ever. Seriously though, I am sorry you were having such a rough day yesterday. I haven't had bad morning sickness yet but I do remember it and how awful it was. I hope it gets better for you.

@Cole: Good luck at your meeting!!

20. mrskoloa

cherry / 242 posts

@Mrs tartan: @Cole: @bushelandapeck: Thanks ladies! I will try to brighten up. I'm too tired and sick to think of anything more clever to say.

21. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@mrskoloa: hopefully they can help you with the nausea when you go in next week. I have almost thrown up a couple of times and they only thing that seems to help is to eat something with carbs/sugar and to drink some water.

22. wonderstruck

pomegranate / 3791 posts

@mrskoloa: I'm so sorry, morning sickness is the worst =( With my first the only thing that really helped was taking Zofran - I actually ended up calling my doctor before my first appointment even happened and she called in a prescription for me.

It can take DHs a while to come around to realizing there's really a baby in there! But pretending to drink wine isn't hurting anything...maybe buy him a book or something, haha. Glad he was able to do the painting though! I did a ridiculously elaborate paint job in my son's nursery that I didn't finish until I was like 38 weeks, we had to go out and buy the special paint that's safe. And that's a very cute picture, haha!

Is anyone else already brainstorming nursery ideas? I like the idea of being team green this time around, but I have such cute nursery ideas that are really gender-specific. We are a Disney-obsessed family, so if it's a boy I want an Adventureland nursery, and if it's a girl I want it to be Fantasyland themed. Here's my son's nursery, it's so cute! It's Tomorrowland themed...since I took this picture we have added a working toy monorail, and a stuffed astronaut Mickey, Figment, Stitch, and Monster's Inc characters.

23. mrskoloa

cherry / 242 posts

@wonderstruck: That nursery is gorg!

24. mrskoloa

cherry / 242 posts

I just threw up for the first time... I texted my husband to let him know and he told me to kiss that $10million goodbye because morning sickness is a sign that it's a boy.

25. wonderstruck

pomegranate / 3791 posts

@mrskoloa: Oh no, I'm so sorry =(

Morning sickness tips I picked up on last time: Sea bands, crackers when you wake up, small snacks throughout the day (don't go too long without eating!), lemon-scented stuff (hand soap, candles, etc), and eating what sounds good - cravings can sometimes be your body's way of making sure you get certain nutrients that it needs. And I'm not sure how true this is, but it works for me - I've heard that beans bind together the bile making you sick and stops it, and Mexican did wonders for my morning sickness!

26. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

@mrskoloa & @bushelandapeck : So sorry you're feeling bad!

I've been dreading morning sickness, and the past few days I've been feeling a little "off," and kind of burpy and urpy, if that makes any sense. Did it come on gradually for you, or did it hit you really suddenly? I'm having nightmares of being in a meeting at work and not being able to make it out of the room in time!

Ugh. Fingers crossed that you get some rest and feel better soon!

27. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm so glad my symptoms haven't started yet, but I'm only 4 weeks today, so I figure things might start up.

My mom didn't have any morning sickness with both my brother and I, I've heard that women tend to have similar pregnancy symptom experiences as their mother....has anyone asked their mothers and seeing similar results yet?

While I don't want morning sickness, I would like the constant confirmation that I'm still pregnant to calm my miscarriage fears!

28. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@Cole: how did the meeting with the midwife go today?

29. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@Mrs tartan: hang in there, waiting for test results can be so difficult. I have my fingers crossed for good news for you, and then you can tell your fam your good news to celebrate!

30. wonderstruck

pomegranate / 3791 posts

@Mrsk: Not what you want to hear, but my mom had almost no morning sickness and I puked from about 5-6 weeks until the day my son was born. That's really rare though! My labor was super similar to hers though. I get what you mean about it being kind of reassuring though because you know you are really definitely pregnant! After last time being so awful I'm appreciating every day I don't feel sick...but yeah, sometimes it makes me nervous.

31. mrskoloa

cherry / 242 posts

@Ms.Pumpkin: Mines was gradual. I told the doctor at 5 weeks that I felt occasionally motion sick... by 6 weeks I was day-long sea sick.

@Mrsk: My mom had zero morning sickness with my brother and I, so who knows!

32. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@wonderstruck: and @mrskoloa: maybe it's just an old wives tale! Doesn't seem to be holding true so far.

33. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

Ladies a personal question - since you find out you are pregnant, how often have you BD?
    We were ttc for 8 months and at least 3/4 times a week we were trying, we found out almost 2 weeks ago and have had sex once! I am sore (back) and feeling a bit nauseous and tired beyond belief, but I think it might be a shock to DH system after training him to want it every second day is everyone else still at it while I'm more than happy to get 11hours of sleep a night?

34. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@Tidybee: let us know how you get on with your results tomorrow, hope its a sticky baby!

35. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@Mrs tartan: we've only just found out, but haven't bd since after ovulation, we usually take a bit of a breather after O, but my boobs are so sore and I just can't seem to stay awake, I'm assuming on the weekends it'll be better, will perhaps be able to in the mornings.

36. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@mrskoloa: Oh no! I am sorry you threw up! I hope some of those tips from @wonderstruck: help, I am crossing my fingers my nauseas doesn't graduate and in the mean time I am trying just about everything on that list.

@wonderstruck: Your son's nursery is spectacular! That wall must have taken forever but it is soooo worth it! It would make great wallpaper!

@Mrsk: My mom had hyperemesis gravidarum with my youngest sister so I really hoping that doesn't make me more likely to get it! I don't really know what her symptoms were like other than loads of heartburn with me-- and I did come with lots of hair!

@Mrs tartan: We have known for 8 days and dtd twice. That being said, I had some spotting today and when I told the midwife at our appointment today she said that was likely from sex so that may have scared him.

My visit this afternoon was kind of meh. First we were shown into a room that was empty except for three chairs and a desk-- nothing on the desk or walls etc. The nurse never introduced herself just came in and asked a few questions (so we had no clue who she was) then the midwife came in and just said she was a midwife, not her name. Then she sped through everything because the receptionist accidentally only gave us a 30 minute appt. instead of 60. They do the whole cycle through all four midwives and you get whoever is on call for your birth thing. Scheduling is a nightmare.

The pluses are she was very open to being flexible on things that might be protocol with doctors, she never batted an eye when I said I didn't want a billion ultrasounds etc. They do typically offer longer appointment times and they do labs and ultrasounds in office which is nice.

Ultimately it sent us home not terribly satisfied. We are leaning even more heavily towards home birth. I really hope we click with one of the other midwives. We have a meeting this Saturday and Wednesday and I am working on scheduling times with two more.

37. Mrs. Jellyfish

@cole I am interested in hearing about your home birth meetings! I am considering the same.

38. Mrs. Jellyfish

So I had my first appointment today, and it was... interesting! At first they thought I was only there to fill out paperwork, but I didn't realize this because they brought me to an office to do the papers, so I thought it was just part of the appointment. Then they realized I had a real appointment with the nurse practitioner, so they rushed me through the papers and sent me over to her.

Luckily after that things got better. I spent 40 minutes with her going over the papers, history, questions, etc. Then she reached into a mini fridge and handed me a bottle of the dreaded orange liquid! I refused the test, I am not even 6 weeks yet, it seems totally unneeded. There was no exam and no ultrasound. Turns out they don't do that until 8 weeks, so I am going back on 2/25, and by then it will be an abdominal ultrasound, so I feel a lot better about that. I don't want a lot of testing but I am ok with an early ultrasound to determine that everything is going well.

My EDD is 10/4/14. First day of last period was 12/28, but I think I ovulated/conceived on 1/14, so I guess it could be a few days off. That's why its an estimated due date, right?!

39. mrskoloa

cherry / 242 posts

@Cole: @megan: I'm glad you girls were able to get into the office.

Cole, I'm bummed the magic wasn't there with mw#1. That can be a little discouraging. I'm hoping the other three are more personable.

Megan, what is the orange liquid? What's it for?

40. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@megan: It sounds like your first appointment was even more of a circus than mine!

This evening I wound up calling a midwife who I thought was too far and I really liked her. She was driving so I am going to call back tomorrow to set up a time to meet so fingers crossed that goes well.

Does pregnancy brain start this early or an I just losing it? I have done so many stupid things and I keep forgetting everything. I started driving without my glasses- I didn't get far. I went to cook a baked potato in the microwave and put it in for 30 seconds, I put towels in the washer and forgot about them for way too long... The list continues. This could be the longest 9 months of my life if this doesn't get better!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee