Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2014 Mothers-To-Be!

1. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@mrskoloa: I haven't had a chance to watch that yet but I am always in for cute, cry inducing videos. I am sorry you are having a rough time with your dad. My mom and I haven't spoken since Christmas and I have no idea when our how I am going to tell her, honestly just thinking about handling that is stressful. You guys are building a house?! Yourselves?! I am impressed, how has it been going? It is awesome that your husband is picking up your slack, I always appreciate those reminders that we are in this together.

It seems like "morning" sickness is picking up steam in this group. I laid in bed a little too long yesterday with out eating which sent me running for the bathroom. Thankfully, I didn't end up throwing up but I was sure I was going to. Today I got up and ate within a few minutes but I am still pretty queasy. I am traveling with the family I work for, we leave on Thursday and I hit six weeks that weekend and I am petrified I am going to start throwing up while we are away. I don't think they will be thrilled so I am hoping it will hold off.

@Mrs tartan: It seems like I am holding steady with occasional breast discomfort, nausea that ranges from none to mild annoyance to retching. I am off course tired but I don't seem to be able to squeeze in extra sleep. Once I wake up it is over. Oh, and I pee a lot!

We did tell our closest couple friends yesterday and they were thrilled. They knew we were trying and she had apparently preemptively bought us a boon frog pod for the bath tub (my husband had decided it was the coolest thing ever and I had told her that further ago) as a gift and she gave us that which was really sweet of her. I am really glad I have one irl person to talk to about it. Sometimes it is just good to be able to text random stuff to a friend.

2. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

@mrskoloa, @Cole, @Mrs tartan: I hear you all! I'm not getting full-blown morning sickness yet, but the waves of nausea are getting worse, for sure. Definitely worse in the morning before I eat- I think the Mr. is a little put out that I don't lounge in bed and chat on weekend mornings anymore, but I have to at least get a banana down in order to not feel gross.

After doing some research, I bought some psi bands: http://www.amazon.com/Psi-Bands-Acupressure-Wrist-Band/dp/B000X9V2H8

I've just started wearing them, so I can't say how much they've helped, but if they do, I'm willing to do it! But I'm also a big believer in acupuncture, so acupressure isn't a huge jump for me to make.

3. butterbean

apricot / 349 posts

can't believe i'm joining you ladies

EDD: on or around Oct 9th

When Did You Find Out?: this morning!

Child Number: #2

Where You Live: virginia

What kind of provider will you see?: the same one i saw for #1

When's Your First Appointment?: haven't made one yet...still soaking everything in

What kind of birth do you want?: healthy

What You're Most Excited For: my DS being an older brother!

What You're Most Scared About: having 2 under 2

Symptoms so far:
    nothing out of the usual

4. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@butterbean: Congratulations and welcome!

5. butterbean

apricot / 349 posts

@bushelandapeck: thanks!!! hows your pregnancy going so far?

6. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@butterbean: pretty good so far, thanks for asking! I am pretty tired in the morning and again in the late afternoon/evening but, overall, I feel pretty good so far.

I created a fun board for us to get to know each other a little better. Here's the link: http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/oct-14-first-trimester-gtky

7. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@butterbean: Congratulations! Happy to see you here!

8. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

@butterbean: Congrats! Welcome aboard!

So, I think that the increased sense of smell might be hitting me... or I'm just going crazy. I made dinner last night and included a couple of cloves of garlic. Many, many handwashings and one shower later, I SWEAR I can still smell it on my hands! And my cats suddenly have the worst breath I've ever encountered.

Anybody else smelling things that they shouldn't logically be able to smell?

9. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Ms.Pumpkin: Yes! I forgot about that fun new symptom. Yesterday while I was in the grocery store I was gagging because of the bakery smell-it was overwhelmingly sweet and disgusting. When I was pregnant with LO I couldn't walk through the meat or seafood departments at the store without gagging. I couldn't take the trash out either. Yuck!

10. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

Wahhhh I'm so excited. My mums cancer scare is over, she is in the all clear, she found out today we are going to celebrate by telling my parents we are expecting tonight. I figure since I'm 7 weeks I've waited long enough and she deserves an extra celebration!

@butterbean: congratulations honey!

11. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

@Mrs tartan: That is SO EXCITING!!

What a wonderful thing- you all get good news for her health, and then there's more good news when you tell them! I can't imagine how excited you must be right now!

Congratulations, I'm so happy to hear that everything is well with your Mum.

12. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@Mrs tartan: so relived to hear that your mom is well! Enjoy telling tonight! How are you planning to tell them? Anything special?

13. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@butterbean: welcome! Congratulations!

14. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@Ms.Pumpkin: @Mrsk: thank you so much! We are putting this tshirt on my chihuahua dog. I think she will get it

15. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@Mrs tartan: too cute! Make sure you take pictures of their reactions! Enjoy celebrating tonight!

16. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs tartan: What wonderful news!!! I love the shirt too

17. mrskoloa

cherry / 242 posts

@Mrs tartan: What a perfect way to reveal the news!

18. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

@Tidybee: How did your appointment go? Good hcg results? Did you end up getting an ultrasound?

@mrskoloa: I'm so sorry you're having a hard time of it! I really hope it starts to get a bit better for you soon.

@butterbean: Welcome and congratulations!!

@Ms.Pumpkin: Dude, that's me every day and I'm not even pregnant LOL. I have the most sensitive sense of smell and any time I even get within an inch of touching garlic, I'll smell it on my fingers for DAYS. Granted, I don't have issues with nausea on top of that so you have my commiseration

@Mrs tartan: YAY!!! I'm so happy for both you and your mom. I know you telling her your news is just going to be icing on the cake!

19. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

@Mrs tartan: I hope your appointment tomorrow is a great one!

October Mamas
    9/29 Mrs. Koloa (#1)
    9/30 Mrs. Tartan (#1)
    10/01 bushelandapeck (#2)
    10/03 mirage
    10/04 megan (#1)
    10/09 butterbean (#2)
    10/10 however briefly (#1)
    10/14 Cole (#1)
    10/14 Ms.Pumpkin (#1)

10/14 Mrs. Deer (#2)
    10/14 Mrsk (#1)
    10/15 wonderstruck (#2)
    10/17 lioneyes (#1)
    TBD hotpink (#2)

Appointments
    2/11 Mrs. Tartan
    2/13 however briefly (u/s)
    2/18 Mrs. Tartan
    2/20 Mrs. Koloa
    2/24 bushelandapeck (u/s)
    2/24 Wonderstruck
    2/25 megan (u/s)
    2/27 mirage
    2/28 lioneyes
    3/05 Ms. Pumpkin
    3/05 bushelandapeck
    3/10 Wonderstruck (u/s)

20. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

Thank you girls, we went round to my parents all ready to tell them...and the door was locked. They had gone out to celebrate my mums news today with dinner and drinks. Haha. Ill tell them another evening, I of course couldn't be mad.

Looking forward to my first midwife appointment tomorrow, ill feedback all what happens. Starting to get real! My nausea is also starting to get very real, after 8pm in the evening I just go downhill, so much for "morning" sickness.

21. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@Mrs tartan: awh, too bad about them being out, but understandable. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow, hope it goes well!

I'm waiting for the results of my betas....I had one on Thursday and it was 78, so my dr said that by Monday, she wants to see it at at least 300, but so far no news, I'm not getting my hopes up now as it's after 5:30.... I'll probably get a call tomorrow. Fingers crossed! Stick baby stick!

22. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@Mrsk: keeping my fx for you, update as soon as you know!
    @TIdybee: did you get results today? Please say it was good news?

23. Mrs. Deer

blogger / persimmon / 1231 posts

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been absent, hopefully I'll catch up!

@Mrs tartan: oh no! Hopefully they'll be home tomorrow, how exciting. Hope your appointment goes well too!

@Mrsk: Hoping for good numbers tomorrow!

@bushelandapeck: I was just at the grocery and noticed things starting to smell more strongly than usual. Ugh, not excited for that. Last time around I threw-up in the middle of Whole Foods! Ha.

@Ms.Pumpkin: I swear I can always still smell garlic on my hands, I think it soaks in or something. Last pregnancy I got this rosemary/mint bar of soap and for some reason it always helped with nausea or to wash my hands with it after cooking to get smells out.

@butterbean: Congrats mama!

Nothing too new to report on my end. I hand a doctors appt with my GP today to get the referral to my OB. I so wish we were still in Seattle and I could see the midwife group I went to in the past, but oh well. I have a friend that really liked this OB so I'm hoping he's good.

4w5d today and feeling pretty good. Noticing smells more, get a little nauseaous when I'm over-hungry but so far it's ok. Last time it was the day I turned 6 weeks that it all went downhill, so we'll see. Trying to get tons of stuff done over the next few days in case it hits next week.

Hope you ladies are feeling good today and having a good Monday!

24. Mrs. Deer

blogger / persimmon / 1231 posts

Updated my due date

October Mamas
    9/29 Mrs. Koloa (#1)
    9/30 Mrs. Tartan (#1)
    10/03 mirage
    10/04 megan (#1)
    10/09 butterbean (#2)
    10/14 Cole (#1)
    10/14 Ms.Pumpkin (#1)

10/14 Mrsk (#1)
    10/15 wonderstruck (#2)
    10/15 Mrs. Deer (#2)
    10/17 lioneyes (#1)
    TBD hotpink (#2)

Appointments
    2/11 Mrs. Tartan
    2/18 Mrs. Tartan
    2/20 Mrs. Koloa
    2/24 Wonderstruck
    2/25 megan (u/s)
    2/27 mirage
    2/28 lioneyes
    3/05 Ms. Pumpkin
    3/05 bushelandapeck
    3/10 Wonderstruck (u/s)

25. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

Thank you for your thoughts! Another weird appointment. To me: Yes I think it went very well. My number was up over 7300, which is still doubling every 55 hours or so. I had an ultrasound and the doctor who didn't even seem to remember me from last week (or my adorable 15 month old ) still seems pessimistic. He didn't say a thing during the ultrasound which was about 10 seconds long, clicked it off and he told me I'm measuring behind the "normal" calendar which would put me at 6w 1d. I told him for the second time in 3 minutes that I'm probably more like 5w4/5d because of my longer cycles and ovulation. I asked him how far behind I am, and he responded that I was measuring somewhere between 5 1/2 weeks and 6 weeks but "behind is behind". So I have yet another ultrasound next week. I asked him if I could give that a pass and just come in if I continued to spot and he said no, he wants to make sure this pregnancy is progressing.
    So it could be worse in that he could be totally brushing me off, but I'm getting this sinking feeling that he's not telling me something. Another week to wait and think and fear the worst....
    But I'm going to jump into the October mamas club because dam*it, I'm pregnant right now -- yay!!

26. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

EDD: Oct 8th
    When Did You Find Out?: Superbowl Sunday
    Child Number: #2
    Where You Live: Jersey
    What kind of provider will you see?: an OB/GYN. Not the one who delivered DD sadly because we moved. And definitely NOT the guy who has been following me for spotting but someone else in his practice.
    When's Your First Appointment?: Whenever this doctor decides he is satisfied with the pregnancy progressing and I can go to the doctor. Another ultrasound next Tuesday.
    What kind of birth do you want?: any birth that results in a healthy baby and mama.
    What You're Most Excited For: growing our family!
    What You're Most Scared About: having 2 under 2
    Symptoms so far: Nada.

27. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Tidybee: Your positivity and enthusiasm is awesome! And how could that doctor not remember a cute little one? I think sometimes doctors get so caught up in the "rules" that they forget to be open to things like *gasp* not ovulating on day 14.

I just took a fabulous 1.5 hour nap. I am not sure it is advisable to get out of bed less than 3 hours before you plan to get back in but it was fabulous none the less. Slightly gross, but I keep burping, and they are the uncomfortable deep ones that won't come out easily. My belly feels so uncomfortable!

28. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@Tidybee: wow I cannot believe you are still left in limbo again! Do you have the option of a private scan? My pregnancy book says the heart starts to beat at 5wks and 5 days, so at least next week you should know for sure. Your numbers are going up, they can see a baby in there so honey you are definitely pregnant.
    Your positivity is fabulous, I would have been so mad!

29. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

Yay for being able to add @Tidybee: I'm crossing my fingers for you that this jerk doctor just doesn't have good bedside manner and everything is perfectly fine for you next week!

October Mamas

9/29 Mrs. Koloa (#1)
    9/30 Mrs. Tartan (#1)
    10/03 mirage
    10/04 megan (#1)
    10/08 tidybee (#2)
    10/09 butterbean (#2)
    10/14 Cole (#1)
    10/14 Ms.Pumpkin (#1)

10/14 Mrsk (#1)
    10/15 wonderstruck (#2)
    10/15 Mrs. Deer (#2)
    10/17 lioneyes (#1)
    TBD hotpink (#2)

Appointments
    2/11 Mrs. Tartan
    2/18 Mrs. Tartan
    2/18 tidybee (u/s)
    2/20 Mrs. Koloa
    2/24 Wonderstruck
    2/25 megan (u/s)
    2/27 mirage
    2/28 lioneyes
    3/05 Ms. Pumpkin
    3/05 bushelandapeck
    3/10 Wonderstruck (u/s)

30. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@Tidybee: it sounds like you are right on track for timing if you ovulated late. I hate when doctored get so focused on one thing, like your LMP, it means nothing if you have long cycles and ovulate later! Can't believe him! Ugh! I'm glad you officially joined the board!

31. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@Cole: naps are awesome! I've been having quite a few these past few days! I do agree, sometimes having my nap a couple hours before bed seems to make me not as tired at bedtime, but oh well! Naps are still awesome!

32. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

October Mamas

9/29 Mrs. Koloa (#1)
    10/01 Mrs. Tartan (#1)
    10/03 mirage
    10/04 megan (#1)
    10/08 tidybee (#2)
    10/09 butterbean (#2)
    10/14 Cole (#1)
    10/14 Ms.Pumpkin (#1)

10/14 Mrsk (#1)
    10/15 wonderstruck (#2)
    10/15 Mrs. Deer (#2)
    10/17 lioneyes (#1)
    TBD hotpink (#2)

Appointments
    2/11 Mrs. Tartan
    2/18 Mrs. Tartan
    2/18 tidybee (u/s)
    2/20 Mrs. Koloa
    2/24 Wonderstruck
    2/25 megan (u/s)
    2/27 mirage
    2/28 lioneyes
    3/05 Ms. Pumpkin
    3/05 bushelandapeck
    3/10 Wonderstruck (u/s)

33. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

Just changing my DD as it came out as 1st October, which i am soooo happy about as it is our first wedding anniversary I dont know how to do the love hearts though. BOO.

First midwife appointment went well today, just lots of talking, no tests until next week. Lots of paperwork to get through. Got given lots of talk on healthy foods, weighed and taken height. Lots of reassurance that my baby has not just disappeared. lol.

Next week is all the good exciting stuff, blood tests, urine tests, find out when my first scan date is etc. She told me today i probably wont get a scan until 12 weeks, which is another 5 weeks away, i think i will have gone mad by then. I just want to see a heartbeat!

34. court_schaeff

grape / 99 posts

Congrats mommas! Im hoping to test around the 20th, and I pray that I will be joining you lovely bees!

35. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

Looks like our ultrasound on Thursday might end up being postponed to Monday due to the snow that's looking to roll in on Wednesday night. So cross your fingers for me that it only ends up being a couple of inches!

@Mrs tartan: All you need to do is remove the brackets from [:heart:] etc. Or you could just delete the code and input them using the yellow smiley button!

I'm really obsessed with the heartbeat too. I feel like that's the moment that will make it all real or something.

36. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

@court_schaeff: Crossing my fingers for you!

37. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@however briefly: hope your ultrasound isn't cancelled! We are supposed to get a big storm here too on Thursday, fingers crossed it's not too bad to cancel your ultra sound, but bad enough to cancelation school! Haha

Got my test results! So last Thursday they were 78, and four days later, yesterday. They were 656, so my dr wanted he numbers at 320 so I've gone past! Yippee! Also called today to get in with a midwife, they say it's still so early, so I will know in a couple weeks if they will take me on, in the mean time, I think I'm going to call my family dr and plead with them to get me an ultra sound before 12 weeks!

38. Mrs. Jellyfish

blogger / grape / 99 posts

I really thought I might escape morning sickness (my mom never had it with her two pregnancies) but today I have felt queasy off and on. I feel better when I eat, but the problem is that literally NOTHING sounds appetizing. Not even crackers. And my usual foods (I'm vegan so I eat a lot of salad, lentils, etc) sound absolutely terrible. I will say though, that everything feels a bit more real now

39. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

@Mrsk: That's a doubling rate of 31.25! Nice!

40. hotpink

cherry / 103 posts

@megan: I hope you mostly escape morning sickness... but while you're feeling queasy eat something before you get out of bed, and snack throughout the day. I find that my stomach bothers me when it's empty. For my first pregnancy anything with carbs usually made me happy. Toast with butter, a bagel, a baked potato. You might want to skip the salads and go for warmer foods like soups and stews. Hope this helps!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee