Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Amorini: I'm sorry she said that, awful!

2. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

Last time I took early evening primrose to help things along and to soften the cervix. Not sure if it helped or not but may be an idea for some of you ladies.

@Amorini: don't be discouraged by the apparent lack of progress. I was maybe 1 cm dilated the day before my water broke. The only sign I had that something might happen was that I'd lost my mucus plug at 36 weeks. I then had no progress for a week and a half and then bam, my water broke at 38 weeks.

3. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Amorini: I am so sorry you're having such a rough go! Thinking about you guys!!!!

4. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

You can also try pulling out your breastpump for nipple stimulation. There are some who swear by that technique.

5. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@mfa_lady: lol, I don't hate you. My husband is totally not on board with that. We have not had sex since about 20 weeks. I told him to lie back and think of England, but no dice. I'll try nipple stimulation.

6. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@avivoca: DYING over this response. Hahahahaha. Well, at least you tried.

7. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@avivoca: Haha! My DH said the same exact thing!

@tidybee: Thanks! I've heard that the pressure drop could help... This will certainly be a interesting birth story no matter what happens!

@Shantuck: That's very encouraging! Fingers crossed.:

@FaithFertility: @mfa_lady: and anyone I've missed: Thank you!

8. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

My commitment to getting this baby out is strong.

9. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@avivoca: Tell your husband that he got you into this mess and now it's up to him to help get you out!

10. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@avivoca: I'm impressed! And love the caption. C'mon baby, take a hint!

11. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@TapDancer: subtlety clearly has not been working.

12. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@avivoca: Come on baby, we want to meet you!

13. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@avivoca: Yay for the good walking! Jealous that I can't walk now! Trying to do squats instead...

I've had on/off menstrual cramps today. Could that be the start of things? With the hurricane a few hours away, it would be crazy timing but I'd take it!

14. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Amorini: ooh, thanks for reminding me to squat! I'm so sore from the walk. My MIL said I looked miserable on FaceTime (because I am, everything hurts).

@jaguar: yes! Come out, the world is ready to greet you!

15. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Amorini: Baby wants to make a spectacular entrance, perhaps?

16. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Amorini: Checking on you!

17. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Amorini: My contractions started (after my water broke) feeling exactly like menstrual cramps. Hope that's what those are!

18. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@avivoca: Hey there, any labor action?!

@FaithFertility: We are aok and even our house which we evacuated is not flooded or damaged. There's no power there so we will stay where we are for now. We fared much better than most and are feeling very lucky all around!

@Shantuck: I still have the cramps but not consistently!!

@jaguar: That's right! Even with the storm behind us, there will definitely be a good story to tell.

I was able to get out and walk today. I did at least two miles! It was epic and I'm going to sleep so good...

19. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@kitkat: Checking in and wondering if the acupuncture and membrane strip did the trick?

20. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@TapDancer: nope I had contractions pretty consistently all night Wednesday night, but they stopped. Now I'm just getting random ones here and there. I've been going on lots of walks and trying to enjoy what could be our last child-free weekend. How are you doing? Can't believe we don't have more October babies yet!

21. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Amorini: None whatsoever! I'm getting ready to do some deep squats and have my husband rub the pressure points on my feet and legs.

@Kitkat: Man, I was there too on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Up for 3-4 hours timing contractions and now nothing but some random ones.

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@avivoca: I had a pedicure today and told.the guy to run the heck out of my legs and feet

23. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Kitkat: I think there are at least two more babies that have been born - they just haven't come in and updated us yet. A lot of you have some very comfy bellies it seems.

24. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@Kitkat: Cramping and back pain, but that's about it. A lot of sitting around and waiting! 38 weeks tomorrow.

Hang in there ladies!

25. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

It's so surreal to read about you still-pregnant ladies now that I e crossed to the other side. Being pregnant seems like it was years ago. Thinking of you all and can't wait to see more Octoberbabies!

26. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@thepicklemonster: I created a postpartum thread for those of you who already had your babies to start chatting

27. Alexandra603

cherry / 160 posts

Just posted in our FB group but wanted to say here that my baby boy has arrived. Born 10/6 at 1130 pm. I had an elective induction at 39.5 weeks and the labor and delivery was uncomplicated and pretty easy. Though of course I'm sitting on a donut pillow now. I'm exhuasted and haven't slept for longer than an hour or so in a row in the last 2 nights (sleeping in a hospital is such a joke with people coming in and out doing checks and tests constantly). Nursing is going well, though, which is a relief because it was a rough start with my daughter. Thinking of all you ladies!

28. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Alexandra603: Congratulations! xx

29. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@Alexandra603: Congratulations!

30. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Had more contractions last night but again, they faded away. This is so frustrating. I also double booked doctor's appointments tomorrow, so I need to reschedule my daughter's 3-year well check because I can't be at the midwife at 8:40 and then across town at 9:10.

31. Maysprout

grapefruit / 4800 posts

@Amorini: glad you guys are ok! We had the edge come through, which I didn't realize till I heard the wind gusts but I'd been complaining how my belly hurt but I wasn't having contractions and losing some MP. No labor but I think it def made my belly go crazy.

32. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@Alexandra603: congratulations!!!

33. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Alexandra603: Congrats! Hope you get some good sleep soon!

34. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@avivoca: I'm sorry! I hope that the next time it is the real thing. And that next time is very very soon.

35. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Alexandra603: congratulations!!!!

36. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@whiskers: Thanks. Me too. Otherwise, I am in decent spirits. Going to go on another walk after breakfast.

37. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@Alexandra603: hooray! Congratulations!

38. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

I feel so useless. Anytime I try to do some chores I end up getting really crampy and sore and have to lie down. This next week is going to be so long.

39. Maysprout

grapefruit / 4800 posts

@whiskers: yeah. I'm in panic mode trying to get stuff done. Luckily DH is focusing on the house this weekend so he can do the heavy lifting and I end up taking over something less strenuous. I'm afraid I'm going to go into labor and a neighbor is going to come over to smashed crayons and snacks and kitchen disaster. Luckily the kids and DH are being fairly compliant while I harass everyone to clean, clean, clean. It's making me super tired and grumpy to try to keep up with everything though. And of course we had high winds so the yards a disaster now too.

40. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@whiskers: @Maysprout: Useless is my middle name. I went for a walk today and now I'm ready for a nap. I don't even care about the state of the house right now with the exception of how it smells (we have cats).

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee