Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2013 Mamas

1. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@evenstar982: I think so. I gave access to everyone to pin to mine, so they could see it, but I don't think any of us will actually be pinning to each other's boards.

2. evenstar982

apricot / 284 posts

@marionberry: hehe yes I just figured it out - and realised in theory it does mean we could pin to one anothers boards... in fact they all now show up in my 'secret' boards... so I have actually renamed my own as "evenstar982's...." so that I can pick out my own from the others I'm able to follow, we'll have to be a bit careful not to pin to each others, but great to be able to browse and comment on each others PINs, and presumably re-PIN to our own secret board.

3. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Colee: great point about the flu shot! I've never had one before but I really should now. Ill call up my doctors and schedule one- the only thing my aunt is a nurse there and I feel weird having her know before my parents!

@evenstar982: I did the same as @marionberry. Love swing what you girls are pinning!

4. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@NBLChicago: love that you're pinning sapphire stuff! I was so pumped to find out September is sapphire...totally want a piece to represent this baby. Push present perhaps??

5. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@evenstar982: I am not currently able to see anyone's secret boards...did I do something wrong?

6. NBLChicago

grape / 77 posts

@char54: Totally gunning for a sapphire push present. My *favorite* color is blue so I'd love a right-hand ring with sapphires and PERHAPS a diamond or two. Haha - look at me getting ahead of myself. I'm sure DH is thrilled about this whole push present thing...

7. mango.sprays

apricot / 446 posts

@evenstar982: Great idea renaming your own board, I was already getting confused with all of them! I did the same. Hopefully in a little while when we're all in the clear, we can just use regular, easy boards

8. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@NBLChicago: Hahaha ditto! I casually mentioned to DH "You know what the new thing is? Push presents!" to which I got a raised eyebrow smirk.

@marionberry: I just invited you to my 3 (omg) boards. Did you get them?

9. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@char54: The invites were in my spam. I have yours and mango.sprays now.

10. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

ohh how exciting boards on pinterest... adding you ladies now!

11. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

grrr now my pinterest isn't working.... but this is me!! http://pinterest.com/hanzabelled/

12. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@NBLChicago: ooh I love sapphires! My 'push present" will be my eternity ring ( third ring on my wedding finger) which is more of a tradition here for your first child than a "push present" either way I'm getting some diamonds! lol

13. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Oh I like that idea!!

14. MamaMagpie

persimmon / 1436 posts

Welcome new September Mamas!

I was super busy the past couple of days and couldn't check our thread -- loved catching up on it and LOVE all the Pinterest love!
    I have a secret board, too! Here I am:
    https://pinterest.com/nmgreene/

Ok now I have to figure out how to invite you guys to see my secret board! Eeeee so exciting!!!

PS I am feeling quite crampy and suuuuuper tired DH is like, "it happens already?"! Needless to say, I bought him some books recommended by some lovely HB-ers and now he's telling ME what to expect next

15. evenstar982

apricot / 284 posts

@marionberry: can you see any secret boards yet? I have you added to mine. Hopefully my request just went in your junk mail too...

Just FYI to everyone on Pinterest, if you share secret boards you'll get email every time somebody pins to one of their boards once you're folllowing it! You can switch this off: go to "settings" > "email settings" and then flip the switch under "group pins" I had over 50 new emails this morning because people had mega pinning sessions yesterday! hehe.

As @mango.sprays says, at least we can stop this once we're safe to put the boards public!

Happy Pinning!

16. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@MamaMagpie: I'm really crampy this morning too. Freaks me out at times, but as long as there's no blood, I'm not worrying.

@evenstar982: I can see your secret boards now! And thank you for that tip! I didn't know how to turn them off, and I'm sure I was one of those on giant pin duty...super bored last night.

17. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

So I called the OBS clinic and let them know about the spotting - they told me to go to the ER since they can't evaluate me over the phone. I feel so silly going to the ER over a few drops of blood but they told me the doctors there wouldl be able to check and make sure everything was okay.

Not sure what to do!!!

18. MamaMagpie

persimmon / 1436 posts

@evenstar982: GREAT tip! Thank you!

@marionberry: I know, I keep telling myself the same thing and repeating that mantra "today I am pregnant".

@char54: I'm sure you and baby bean are totally fine. But don't let feeling a little silly make you not go if it's going to stress you out not to! Is there another option besides the scary (and germy) ER?

19. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@char54: @mamamagpie: they want you to go to the ER because they'll need to do an ultrasound and not all offices have their own ultrasound machine. ED docs deal with this stuff all the time, so they'll be pretty well informed. If there's an immediate care nearby you could call them and see if they see patients for that, and if so, then it would be a cheaper option. I hope it's nothing. My friend spotted once and is still very much pregnant.

20. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@marionberry: @MamaMagpie: Thanks ladies - fortunately cost is not a concern as I am in Canada and you're right - I'm sure they see lots of silly things in the ER so hopefully they'll be able to check me out and ease my mind. I think I'll go after work today when hopefully it's not too busy.

It was such small spotting that I'm not really *that* concerned but I feel like since this is my first baby I should follow all directions to a T. I also have a question about a medication I have been told not to take for my IBS (I have been taking it for about 8 years, 6 pills a day!) and since my first apt isn't for another month it might be a good chance to ask the dr.

21. mango.sprays

apricot / 446 posts

@char54: Let us know how it goes this afternoon!

I psyched myself up (was nervous for some reason) and just called my doctor to tell them about the BFP. I'm doing blood work this week and scheduled my first appointment for 1/29. But I still feel like this is all not real - like I'm going to have to call back and say nevermind...I was wrong...

22. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@char54: Yes please let us know how it goes.

@mango.sprays: Your appointment is the day after mine. I wish I'd gotten to do blood draws later on in the pregnancy, because while I had good betas at 12 and 14 dpo...who knows were I'm at now. You'll be much farther along for yours.

23. MamaMagpie

persimmon / 1436 posts

Is it wierd that the obgyn didn't tell me to come in for a blood test or anything? My first appointment is Feb 4, when I'll be 7.5 weeks...

24. MamaMagpie

persimmon / 1436 posts

@char54: yes, let us know how it goes! I'm sure you are just fine You will feel so much better, though!

25. mango.sprays

apricot / 446 posts

@marionberry: Oh, I wish! I'll actually only be 14 and 16 DPO. The days are dragging....:)

@MamaMagpie: If you have no history of pregnancy complications or other reasons they would want to see you early, I think it's the norm to not be seen until 8-9 weeks. I had an ectopic a few months ago, so I'll be monitored more closely from now on to make sure it's not happening again

26. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

@MamaMagpie: My appt is Feb 4 too. I think 8-10 weeks is standard unless you have complications. I had a M/C in June, and they still don't want to see me until 8 weeks. I'll be 8w 3d.

27. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@MamaMagpie: Yes I only get early monitoring because I'm at a fertility office. If everything is clear at my 6 week ultrasound I'll probably get discharged to a regular OB who won't want to see me until 8-10 weeks.

28. MamaMagpie

persimmon / 1436 posts

@futuremama: hooray for first appointment buddies!

@mango.sprays: @marionberry: thanks for the reassurance Good luck to you guys at your first appointments!

29. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@MamaMagpie: Thanks! I am so anxious for that appointment. Luckily I'm gone most of next week on a trip to Memphis, and go in the day after I get back.

30. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@char54: Hope everything goes well! Thinking of you!

31. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I went to the ER but turned around once I got there...it was PACKED and after the day I had + baby-induced fatigue I just couldn't fathom spending hours there.

Since it was really only two minute drops on the TP right after we DTD yesterday, I decided to just wait it out and cross my fingers that nothing else appears. If I get more nervous I'll pop on over tomorrow when it's not such a zoo, but oddly enough I'm fairly calm and positive about the whole thing. Dr. Google has for once calmed my fears instead of making them worse!!

We decided to tell our parents this weekend....we can't wait to share the news and with our possible job move it seems silly to be talking the decision out with them w/o mentioning this one, big, adorable factor. Not telling anyone else though until at least our 10 week ultrasound!

32. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@char54: Most things I've read say that if something is wrong, there's nothing you can do anyway, so skipping the ED shouldn't be a problem. I may have mentioned this already, but a friend spotted about a week ahead of where we are right now and it ended up being nothing. It's very common for DTD to cause spotting. I'm glad you feel calm and patient about it all. Here's to hoping no other spotting issues come about!

Are you excited to tell your parents? I feel so much better now that my immediately family and closest friends know. They're who I'd go to if something bad happened anyway. But I won't be telling anyone else until at least 10 weeks if not more.

33. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@marionberry: thank you!! that does make me feel better. Over the past year I have spotted after DTD (not every time, but probably 50%?) so it doesn't freak me out as much - as long as I don't get anything more too heavy!

Poor DH, I'm a little scared to DTD again now though in case it induces a miscarriage (crazy - I know!!)..I also have weird things like if I sleep on my belly it will help the baby to stick to my uterus. Or if I throw my pee sticks out I'm not really pregnant. OMG. I can't believe i just admitted to thinking those things!!! Hahaha - I really am a crazy lady!!

I can't WAIT to tell our parents. I would need my mom's support regardless and both sets of g-parents are just going to be so thrilled. I'll be 5 weeks 3 days when I tell them but I feel like rounding up to 6 because it sounds so much more official!!! lol

34. Bisou7585

coffee bean / 39 posts

@char54. Glad everything seems to be ok! I spotted a little over the course of a few days last week and my doc said it was normal. She ordered betas and an early ultrasound just to be safe because I miscarried last month and everything checked out ok. Glad it isn't stressing you out!

35. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@char54: HAHA I make DH go slow and gentle during sex because I know that if I start spotting afterward I'll start freaking out and we both agree that neither of us wants to deal with that. I finally committed to myself to stop POAS and stop temping today. I wasn't enjoying being pregnant, more like constantly stressing about mc, so now I'm just going to enjoy being pregnant until my ultrasound.

36. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Bisou7585: Did you get a picture of the ultrasound? What were they able to see?

@marionberry: I put my thermometer away (actually I did about 9dpo, 2 days before I got my BFP) - what a liberating feeling!!! It was nice to know when I ovulated and to see my implantation dip but every morning I would be SO stressed out about every dip/rise.

37. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@char54: so glad your feeling calm! I agree I don't think you have anything to worry about! I have crazy thoughts too but kinda the opposite of yours...I feel like I CAN'T sleep on my stomach on fear of squishing the baby which is RIDICULOUS since it's the size of a poppy seed! lol I also need to see my positive tests once a day to still feel SURE i'm pregnant...lol
    @marionberry: You were still temping!!! good girl for commiting to stopping... I think I would go nuts if I was still temping... I only have one POAS left...and I think I'm gonna save it for just before my 1st appt, so I won't be worried about turning up and them going...umm you're not pregnant...
    why do we have such irrational fears? lol

38. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Mrs squirreld: lol!! I have one digi hidden away that I think I'm going to use for right before my appointment too. For some reason I expect the FRERs to show 2 lines but scared the digi will say "NO -" !!

39. Bisou7585

coffee bean / 39 posts

@char54. We did! It's a tiny speck in the pic but we saw the blinking heartbeat. Kinda disappointed it was so early since now we won't get another till the genetic testing at 11 weeks and that seems so far!

40. Bisou7585

coffee bean / 39 posts

@mrssquirreld. I'm the same way with sleeping on my stomach! And I've always been a stomach sleeper so I'm having a tough time adjusting.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee