Login/Register

August 2012 Babies!

1. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@banana: man, I'm feeling lonely over here j/k
    So happy for you and your little girl!

2. aMohror

apricot / 468 posts

@banana: Yay!!! Congratulations on your little Girl!

3. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

Thank you! I can't believe we're gonna have a girl. I'm so used to raising a boy, it'll be somewhat foreign territory for me! Finally I wont' be outnumbered. 2 boys against 2 girls. Rock on!

4. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@banana: My scan is next Thursday! Congrats on having a girl!!

5. ALittleP

kiwi / 575 posts

@Banana - congratulations on a girl!!!

So many girls arriving in August

@Orvis18: Your little guy is going to have his pick of the litter

6. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@alittlep: Thanks!!! I guess my instincts were wrong. Kinda thought it was a boy!

@marley: Yay! Can't wait for Thursday! Definitely let us know when you find out!!

7. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@banana: ours is this Wednesday!!!!!! I'm so excited about it and cant wait. I have to go by myself because Hubbyhas safety school for work. We will be doing what orvis (I think) did and we will have the ultrasound tech put it in an envelope and then he is.calling me on his lunch break and ill open it on the phone. I cannot wait!!! If we don't find out then, I do have a level 2 ultrasound the next day due to my blood test results, so we can find out then. My mom is coming with me to that ultrasound.

8. ALittleP

kiwi / 575 posts

@Jennimac: Keep us posted! Fingers crossed that your little one cooperates and you can find out next Wednesday

9. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@Jennimac: YAY!!! That's only like 5 days away!! So exciting! Let us know how everything turns out!

10. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@banana: it's a girl! But the tech and doctor aren't positive because she kept her legs crossed and feet pressed up against the wall. They're making me go back in a week for a follow up scan.

11. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

I don't know if you all read the other post, but last night we lost our baby. We went to our 20 week appointment and they couldn't find a heartbeat. They think our baby stopped growing around 16 weeks. I had to induce labor last night at 5 p.m. We delivered a baby girl at 4:20 a.m. We were finally discharged at 3:30 p.m this afternoon. We are at home and resting. It's been hard and we have had our good moments and bad moments.

I wish all the rest of the mommies here the best of luck and I will be popping in occasionally to be checking on you!

12. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@jennimac: Sigh. I'm so sorry for your loss!! I've been thinking about you a lot lately and I hope you know we're here for you if you need anything at all!

13. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@marley: Wow, Another girl! Congrats!!! Lots of girls this month.

14. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@Jennimac: oh gosh I'm so sorry to hear this. Big hug.

15. ALittleP

kiwi / 575 posts

@Jennimac: I'm so very, very sorry. Big hugs....

16. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

Hi ladies,
    How is everyone doing? Our August board has been a little slow so I thought I'd bump this up and check in on everyone!

I'm still battling a bit of constipation (not fun!) but it's gotten better since drinking tons of water. I had a bout of insomnia a few weeks ago but I figured out that if I play Solitaire on my iphone before bed, I get super drowsy and it knocks me out.

How is everyone else doing?

17. Penny Lane

nectarine / 2163 posts

Hi!

I'm an August board newbie...

Because I'm a major procrastinator, I only just got hooked up with a midwife last week, and had my first appointment with her on Monday (at 20ish weeks, doh). I've got my anatomy scan on Saturday, where I get to find out if I'm actually an August Mama or a late July Mama!

I've been feeling amazing, heaps of energy all the time. And hungry! I can eat a full dinner, and be hungry again 20 minutes later, DH makes fun of me every time

18. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@banana: I have my followup scan this Friday. Hopefully LO will cooperate this time and we can get a more definite gender scan. She just refused to uncross her legs and move. In fact, she refused to budge from the wall every time I had an ultrasound.

I've been waking up every morning an hour or two before I have to because I'd have to go to the bathroom. It sucks, because I can't really go back to sleep. I've been a really good sleeper all my life and now I've been waking up with every little sound. I wonder if it's my body getting ready for the baby.

@Penny Lane: welcome! and good luck with the scan!

19. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@marley: Good luck this Friday! Hope he/she uncrosses his/her legs so that you can the weewee parts. Is this Friday's scan just a gender scan? I know what you mean about not being able to go back to sleep after waking up. I've been having the same thing! I had the same with my LO too. I think it's pretty common. Let us know how Friday goes!!!

@penny lane: Yay! Welcome to the August board! Even if you're a July mama, we'd love for you to join the August board anyway! I guess you'll find out the gender on Saturday then? How exciting! More importantly, hope your anatomy scan goes well! Let us know how it goes!

20. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@banana: Ugh the constipation is the worst. I broke down and bought some senokot this week which seems to have helped. I also ate some prunes on Sunday thinking that might help but it really didn't.
    @Penny Lane: Welcome! can't wait to hear how your scan goes! Do you have any guesses on what you're having?
    @marley: I hope your LO cooperates this time

As for me, things are going well. We started working on the nursery and it's all painted and ready for decorations and furniture now. I haven't been sleeping all that well the past week or so and I think it's because my hips are tight or something. I wake up and my legs are aching until I adjust my hips. I'm in between appointments and we won't go back for a check in until 4/20.

21. aMohror

apricot / 468 posts

@Orvis18: I'm with you and the achy legs I had really bad hip pain on Monday and decided to get on the elliptical to see if it would go away. It did make it better but not completely. I've had a hard time sleeping all week because I have to move from one side to the other because my hips begin to hurt so bad! I feel terrible because I know every time I flip over my hubby wakes up...poor guy! I'm also in between appointments and I go back 4/17 for a check up. Everything else is going pretty good, just those stupid hips!

22. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@aMohror: Right?! I have been going to prenatal yoga on Saturdays in the hopes that it will help keep me stretched out but I don't think it's working. I was reading something today that said using the exercise ball regularly, even just to sit on and move your hips, can be really helpful so I think I'm going to give that a try. I've been using the elliptical 3-4 times/week and that doesn't seem to help either. Maybe what we really need is a prenatal massage

23. aMohror

apricot / 468 posts

@Orvis18: I'm pretty sure you are right about the Prenatal Massage It's just frustrating!! Another thing I have noticed is I always feel like I need to stretch my stomach out more, like when I'm sitting on a chair or couch, like I just need to lay all sprawled out! I think part of it is because I'm only 5'1 so baby is RIGHT there all the time! It's scary to think I'm only about 23 weeks and still have a lot to go.;...it's all only going to get worse haha!

24. aMohror

apricot / 468 posts

Have any of you ladies felt baby kick with your hand?!

25. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@aMohror: I felt it a couple of times but they were very light. My husband is still waiting to feel a kick.

Anyone have swollen ankles/feet? I didn't think I was going to have them so soon, I'm only 21 weeks 3 days. It totally sucks. They look awful. I can't imagine wearing sandals this summer. I put my feet up at work and when I get home, doesn't seem to work though.

26. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@aMohror: Do you mean putting your hand on your belly and feeling the kick? If so, then yes! And I love it! My husband has also felt it a few times. Even though this is our 2nd time, he still loves it!

27. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@marley: Yup, swollen ankles and feet. They got so much worse for me during my 3rd trimester. Like literally it looked like I had some sort of elephantitis or something. What helps the most is elevating your feet as much as possible. During my 3rd trimester, I remember literally feeling the water creep back down my leg. So gross.

28. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@banana: It IS gross. I think the swelling is creeping up all the way to my thighs! If I press my fingers on them they leave a mark.

29. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@Orvis18:

update: they are sure (well, as sure as they can be) that it's a girl! She's also in breech position, but it's still early.

In other news, I'm so tired from waking up in the middle of the night. Last night it was twice. I don't even dare to drink water 2 hours before bed and I still have to get up. I am literally falling asleep at my desk right now.

30. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@aMohror: Yes! I can even see them through my clothes now which is just incredible! The first time it happened last week I was in a meeting and I literally jumped because it scared me
    @marley: I haven't noticed anything yet but a few of my shoes are a bit more snug than I would like, so maybe that it swelling...
    @marley: Congrats again! And I agree with you about the sleeping. I try not to drink anything an hour before bed because I don't want to get up more than twice. hope you get some better sleep tonight!

31. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@Orvis18: My baby has been kicking me in the bladder! It's super uncomfortable!!!!!

32. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@marley: Congrats on your baby girl! So many girls this month! @Orvis18's baby boy will have lots of fun with so many girls born this year!

33. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

Hey ladies! I hope you all are doing well! I'm hanging in there. Each day is a new adventure. I'm already back to pre-pregnancy weight and then some. I'm honestly at a weight that I haven't been at since before September. I don't know what's going on....I am a stress eater, so it's not like I"m not eating. I'm going to ask my doctor about it on Wednesday when I see him for my 2 week check-up.

34. ALittleP

kiwi / 575 posts

Something strange is going on and I'm no longer getting updated everytime someone posts...hopefully, this post will get things started again!

@Jennimac: I'm so glad that you stopped by to say hi! Your blog today is such a moving and beautiful story. I was in tears. Thank you so much for sharing your very personal and intimate story with all of us. I really loved when you wrote that God had a plan to keep your little girl with him the whole time.

I hope that your doc check up shows that your body is healing well and get some answers on your weight loss. Big, big hugs to you and your husband.

35. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@marley: Ouch! Give him/her a little poke next time, see if that helps
    @Jennimac: Thank you for checking in. And thank you also for sharing your story with all of us on here and WB. I admire you for having the strength and courage to talk about what you've been through and I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. xxxx

36. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@Jennimac: Loved your blog post today! Had me bawling at work. My co-workers kept stopping by and asking me if I was ok. Such a moving story and I want to thank you so much for sharing it!

37. Penny Lane

nectarine / 2163 posts

So, I had my scan, and as I suspected, it's a boy! He conveniently had his legs wide open for the ultrasound tech

And my official due date is August 13th yay!

I'm finally starting to feel movement too, it's such a weird feeling!

38. Penny Lane

nectarine / 2163 posts

@Jennimac: just wanted to say thanks too for sharing your story, it's so brave of you to share something so personal will be keeping you in thoughts and prayers too (((hugs)))

39. ALittleP

kiwi / 575 posts

@Penny Lane: Yay! Another boy for our group! Congratulations - little boys are so fun.

40. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@penny lane: Yay! Congrats on your baby boy! Boys are SO much fun.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee