Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@lawbee11: We need an update!!! Has more plug come out?!

@sarbear: Yay - today is your day!!! Cant wait to hear from you!!

@delight: Seriously cannot believe it is August...panic attack!

@Sapphiresun: At least yo u know an end date...now go have some fun with DH...even though if you're like me its not really fun anymore!

@StbHisMrs: Hmmm...I may be the minority here but I think it was nice of him to not say anything...fingers crossed this will help you progress!

2. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@StbHisMrs: that's awful! I can't believe you're walking around so effaced/dilated and aren't in labor...seems so crazy! I hope you feel better!

@Mrs D: I don't think I've lost anymore. The chunk I lost last night was pretty big (probably a little bigger than a quarter) and it was brown and red. So I don't know if that was the rest of it or if there is more?

I didn't sleep well because I thought I was in labor with every twinge I felt! I know it could still be awhile so I am trying not to get too excited. I haven't had any contractions (that I know of) but I have been feeling crampy (like period cramps). There was also some pinkish-brown discharge when I wiped last night and this morning. I am excited I am at least having a cervical check tomorrow morning at my appt so I can see what kind of progress I'm making!

3. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@sapphiresun: At least you have a definite end in sight!

@StbHisMrs: I can’t believe they didn’t tell you they did a membrane sweep! That doesn’t sound right at all!

@Lawbee11: Ooooo!! How exciting! Slowly but surely. I’m excited for you to see what your cervical check reveals!

@sarbear: Today’s the day!!!!! Wishing you a quick and smooth delivery!

4. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Modern Daisy: The cervical checks are getting easier for me; probably because things are getting more slip 'n slide down there (and I think this last doctor I had has been the best gentle-wise, which definitely helps!). It feels kinda like a pap smear. They put on a glove/lube and probe around in there to determine where things are and if you're making any progress. Sometimes I get a twinge like when the baby kicks my cervix. Sometimes they push down on your belly while pushing from the inside (I presume to determine where they head is?). Every doctor has said "just some pressure" as they do it. Bring along a maxi just in case you have some spotting afterwards; I've had four checks now and I think I only bled once.

I have also had zero contractions, and my due date is tomorrow!

@skipper2010: congratulations on your little one!!

@Mrs D: we have a newborn photographer at our hospital. I was actually able to find their website: http://www.bellababyphotography.com/baby/in-hospital

Tips for a Great Photo Shoot

- Bring your favorite baby blanket or afghan from home for use in the photo shoot. A beautiful blanket can add texture, color and memories to your newborn's photo.

- We love to include parent's hands in our photos. Wear clear or neutral polish on the day of your shoot. We want your baby to be the focus of the photos.

- Bring a solid black, brown or grey shirt or cami for you to wear in photos. We may photograph your baby in your arms. These colors look great in both color and black and white prints.

@sarbear: good luck!!!!!

@StbHisMrs: wow, that reaction sounds horrible, and how wrong that he would do that and not tell you first!

5. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Due date is tomorrow girls, and it doesn't look like she's interested in going anywhere!

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday; scheduled my next one for next Friday (so I'd be a week overdue at that point), along with a non stress test. They scheduled my induction for Monday the 12th because they told me that they need to schedule them about a week in advance to ensure that there's a time available at the hospital. My doctor did say she would let me go as far as 42 weeks as long as the stress tests came back okay if that's what I wanted, but that the placenta would be getting 'kinda old' at that point.

So, baby's heart rate was 137, I actually lost two pounds (how?? lol The nurse said it's been cooler here and a lot of people just aren't retaining as much water, but I don't think I've been retaining any anyway).

The doctor said I was 2-3 cm dilated and 75% effaced, so I would not need anything to ripen my cervix at the induction if we got to that point, 'just a little pitocin to get things going.' Still not sure how I feel about being induced, so I think if the stress test comes out okay I may reschedule the induction and irritate everyone at the hospital and dr office ;). I don't know; going to play that by ear!

In the meantime, today is my last day at work! 12 weeks off starting tomorrow. Time to start walking a lot, drinking red raspberry leaf tea like there's no tomorrow, and DTD with unsuspecting DH ;). I hope that with work no longer on my plate I'll be able to relax and contractions will begin.

6. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@StrawberryBee: Tomorrow! How exciting! Impressed that you're working right up until your due date - how are you feeling? Its good to know that your checks show you're progressing a little - I'm SO curious (but my MW doesn't do checks). Hopefully baby decides to come on their own, without any pitocin! Keep us posted!

Hubs and I finished everything on my pre-baby list last night...so now I'm just hanging around. Headed to my 39 week appointment in about an hour, wondering if I should drag my giant self to the mall to walk around for awhile first. Or...just stay on the couch, haha.

7. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

Hi ladies! Baby girl A was born this morning at 8:34am. She was 7lbs 5oz and 19inches long. Everything went fine with my section and she's doing great! She was born with a full head of red hair!! All the nurses are talking about the baby with red hair haha apparently most babies who are red heads only have fuzz so they think its great!

Good luck to everyone who is coming up on their due dates. You'll have your babes soon!!!

8. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

@sarbear: Hooray, congrats!!!

9. Alivoo01

@sarbear: Congratulations on your new bundle of joy!! Enjoy those newborn snuggles!!

@StrawberryBee: Crazy and exciting to think tomorrow's your due date! I was induced, and while I was absolutely terrified, it wasn't a biggie. I took quite a few cat naps as I was progressing/dilating.

10. Alivoo01

Here's the link to DS's newborn photoshoot!!

http://www.dcampbellphotography.com/2013/08/collin-maddox/

11. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@sarbear: Congratulations!!! I love little red head girls!!!

@Alivoo01: too cute for words!!!

12. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@sarbear: Congratulations!

13. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@Modern Daisy: A cervical check is where they measure your cervix with their fingers, it can be uncomfortable but mine usually aren't. A membrane sweep is where they go inside the cervix and separate the bag of water from the uterus, that hurts.

@Mrs D: I don't mind so much that he didn't tell me first, but I had no idea it could cause that reaction. That didn't come from my Dr. it came from the on-call dr, so... I actually had it done with my last pregnancy, but that dr. said she didn't mean to. That time didn't hurt as much, probably because it wasn't intentional.

@lawbee11: I know, I wish I'd just go into labor!! The effacement surprised me.
    Good luck today at your appt. I'm excited to hear what the dr tells you

@StrawberryBee: Wow your due date is tomorrow, that's exciting! Here's to hoping the DTD, walking, and RRL tea helps you along! I have a feeling I'll be in the same boat as you in two weeks!

@Sarbear: Congratulations, sounds like everything went very well. Wishing you a smooth recovery and lots of new baby snuggles

14. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Alivoo01: what wonderful pictures! He is a cutie, and it looks like you had a great photographer!

15. JessKas

pear / 1693 posts

@sarbear: GAH! Congrats!

16. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@redsmarties: Thanks! I'm feeling great. If I'm sitting at my desk there are days I almost forget I'm pregnant. I had a lot of lower pressure the last couple of days, but it's gone today.

@sarbear: Love redheads, I'm sure she's adorable! Congratulations!!

@Alivoo01: Oh my gracious, what a wonderful photographer you have! Collin is amazing and SO handsome, congratulations!

17. Mrs. Oatmeal

@Alivoo01: he is absolutely precious! And what fantastic props!!
    @sarbear: congratulations! A red head- how fun! I bet she's adorable! Best of luck with your recovery!

18. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@Alivoo01: He is so adorable, I love love love your photos!

@Sarbear: Aww, my oldest is a redhead, I'm pretty partial to them

19. Mrs. Oatmeal

So, just finished up with my MW appointment, and I'm headed to the hospital. My blood pressure is WAY high (for me), and my protein levels are elevated. Not sure exactly what this means (sounds like pre-eclampsia or something), but I'm meeting the midwife in about 20 minutes. Hopefully its nothing major, but at least I'm getting checked out. We'll see!

20. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@sarbear: congrats what great news!

@Alivoo01: I love your photos, he is such a little doll!

@Modern Daisy: my two cervical checks haven't really hurt. It kinda felt like her whole arm was shoved inside and I felt pressure as she pushed down on stomach and poked around my cervix. Sounds bad, but it was just uncomfortable, not painful and was less than 10 seconds. I bled after both of mine. Not surprised about that though!

38+1 for me today and feeling pretty good. Not too many BH and not as much pressure as I was having "down there". I was kinda hoping my cervical check the other day would have got things going but not so much. I bounce on my exercise ball for an hour each evening hoping that'll do the trick!

Happy August!

21. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@redsmarties: fingers crossed its nothing serious!

22. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@redsmarties: hoping for good news for you! Keep us updated!

23. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@sarbear: congratulations!!!

24. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@sarbear: Congratulations!! She sounds like a cutie!

@Alivoo01: Awww those pictures are just precious! They came out amazing!

@redsmarties: Keep us posted on your appointment. Hope all is well!

AFM I can't believe today is my actual due date and I'm sitting here watching my 1 week old in the swing. It's still so surreal that he's here. I'm so excited for the rest of you to have your babies! Yay for August!!!

25. Mrs. Oatmeal

Home from the hospital now. Luckily, blood tests and a repeat of the urine test/blood pressure ruled out pre-eclampsia. She did an exam, and I'm 1 cm dilated, cervix is really soft, and baby's in a -3 station. She was going to sweep my membranes (said I was 'really favourable'), but ultimately decided to wait until next appointment (as long as my BP stays down).

So everything's fine - but baby could be here sooner rather than later! Hubs is thrilled - she basically prescribed sex for the next few days, haha.

26. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@redsmarties: Woohoo...glad it turned out good! Those stats all sound really promising! Time for some fun with DH!

AFM...I'm having some awesome shooting pains in my vagina...feels awesome...NOT

27. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@redsmarties: glad everything turned out well!!

@Mrs D: ouchy, that's not fun!

I'm enjoying a relaxing evening on my couch, while DH is golfing. I also set up our PnP. It just needs a sleeping baby in it! I'm getting so excited to meet babe, even more excited to find out if it is a boy or a girl!

28. JessKas

pear / 1693 posts

@Mrs D: I have been having shooting vagina pains for the last week. NOT FUN.

29. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Sapphiresun: Heehee - are there any tall people in your families? Maybe your baby will tower over you two!

@redsmarties: Ugh, I've got a hemoroid too. Out of nowhere because I haven't been constipated or anything. But my dr has assurred me that they don't explode, which was my main fear.

Glad everything is ok, RedSmarties. Take it easy.

@Mrs D: That would be cool if my hospital did newborn pics. I have no idea. I've started getting those shooting pains too. It's unnerving.

@lawbee11: Progress! That's exciting.

@Modern Daisy: Nice diaper bag!

@StbHisMrs: Ick! That cervical check sounds awful! Now I'm glad I don't get any.

@StrawberryBee: I'm gonna predict you'll be soon. No pitocin needed!

@sarbear: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

So for me - I'm full term today! Whoohoo! And my resting heartrate has become rediculous. It's around 100 and if I do ANYTHING, it gets even higher. I'm very jealous of you ladies and your baking. I'd have to take 10000 breaks or else my heart would feel like it's pounding out of my chest.

30. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@redsmarties: glad it's not pre-e. that's been one of my big fears!

I had my 37 week appointment yesterday. They did an ultrasound because I've been measuring two to three weeks ahead. Based on the ultrasound, I'm measuring at 38w3d and am actually 37w4d, so not too far off. but his head is measuring 41 weeks! And he's estimated at over 8 lbs and 95th percentile for weight! Looks like he's going to be a big boy...

No mention of induction yet, and DH asked if they could estimate when baby might make his arrival...I think the doctor actually laughed a little...lol! So we really have no further info since my office doesn't do cervical checks until you're actually in labor.

Is anyone else suffering from horrible carpal tunnel? Mine is sooooo bad. My fingers hurt so bad and my wrists click when I move them. And my fingers are always numb or have the pins and needles feeling. Ugh...it's so bad! The doctors have basically said there's nothing they can do other than try wrist braces, which haven't helped in the past. Hoping baby boy gets here sooner rather than later so I can get some relief.

31. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@StrawberryBee: Yay for your last day of work and progress! Hopefully you'll go into labor soon and the induction will be a moot point!

@sarbear: Congrats on your baby girl! So glad everything went smoothly!

@Alivoo01: I commented on the other thread, but he is so gorgeous! Makes me excited to meet my LO

@redsmarties: Glad everything is ok! Sounds like your baby will be here very soon!

@JamieLee: glad your appointment went well! Sounds like you've got a healthy little guy in there!

I had my 38w appointment this morning. I am 2cm dilated and 80% effaced, so things are happening! My urine catch/bloodwork came back normal, but my BP was a little higher this week, so she wants to induce on Wednesday or Thursday. But she thinks I'll go into labor on my own before then...so I guess I'll have a baby by this time next week (hopefully)! She also did an u/s and checked my fluid levels, and they're normal so that's a relief

32. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: @JamieLee: @strawberrybee: @StbHisMrs: @redsmarties: @delight: @skipper2010: @lawbee11: Thank you so much ladies!!

@JamieLee: Boo on the carpal tunnel syndrome!! You're so close so hang in there! 41 week head measurement? Must be a smart boy with a big ole brain!!

@redsmarties: glad to hear all went well at the appointment!

@lawbee11: Eep!! That's so exciting you're making progress and the dr predicts you'll go into labor before the induction next week. Regardless, you'll have your little princess in your arms in no time!!

It's (finally) August!! Can't wait to hear all the birth announcements on this thread!!!!

33. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@JamieLee: Eek!! Already over 8 lbs??

@lawbee11: That's so exciting. Only one week of pregnancy left. That would be awesome.

34. JessKas

pear / 1693 posts

@JamieLee: a head measuring 41 weeks would scare me a little! My hands hurt SO much. I can't really grip anything anymore because of the swelling and joint pain. I tried to write thank you cards for my baby shower yesterday and my handwriting was atrocious.

@lawbee11: So exciting to think this is your week! I gotta say, I'm a little jealous! I'm ready for this baby to come out!

I have a doctor's appointment today. Hopefully they'll tell me good things. At my last appointment two weeks ago I was told to not expect this baby to go late, and I've been doing everything I can to get things going. Pineapple, Raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil, long hikes, sex. I haven't even had a twinge, ha!

35. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@JessKas: I also was trying to do my baby shower thank yous and I got through half of them and don't even want to think about the other half! I'm going to print the envelopes so I don't have to worry about addressing them. I've been working on the wall art for LO's room and its getting difficult. I'm almost done with the art that I can get done before he's born, so I'm happy about that.

I want to get started on the old wives tales to get things moving, but I am not quite ready for him so I'm hoping after this weekend I'll feel good about going into labor. I just need DH to finish the closet so I can put things away and then I will be good to go!

And I am a little scared by that head measurement!

36. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@StrawberryBee: Happy Due date. Enjoy your time off!

@StbHisMrs: Wow, I had no idea that was a possible reaction. I had my first regular cervical check earlier this week and it was definitely uncomfortable, but not too painful.

@redsmarties: Glad everything's fine!

@Grace: My husband is relatively tall I suppose; about 6'1". Projected to adulthood though 94th percentile is a 5'10 female or 6'4" male. Being a shorty my whole life, I kinda hope so! How strange about your heart rate. Hope you're feeling well otherwise, though.

@JamieLee: Wow, sounds like a big boy! I'd been complaining about really sore fingers and my dr said it was likely carpal tunnel as well. When I wake up in the mornings I can barely close my hands some days. Looking forward to that going away!

I'm still just waiting around. I think all the chores are pretty much done, and we're "ready" for baby to appear at any time. I'm "penciled in" that I might be coming in for an induction this weekend, but I'm not really sure if I'm supposed to call them, or if somebody's supposed to call me in for another appointment or something to make a more definite decision, or if it really is just on me to decide if I'm not feeling as well. I think they were just kind of hoping labour would start on its own before then... but I kind of still feel really normal, so I don't think so?

37. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

So...is anyone else terrified of DTD for fear it'll start labor? I'd really like to - but at 36 weeks I am not quite sure I want to risk it. Is this irrational of me? Can someone please tell me that it wont be the sole reason that labor starts?....

38. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@Mrs D: Not so much terrified as hoping that's what happens at this point.... but I'm 38-5 so baby coming soon is kind of the goal!

I can see how week 36 could feel a little dangerous though. Just a smidge earlier than you'd want baby to make an appearance. That said... we've been doing it like rabbits since the dr told us to on Tuesday, and nothin', so I doubt it'll be the sole reason if you did happen to go into labour.

39. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@Sapphiresun: I was just coming to update, I called and talked to my Dr.'s nurse yesterday and they had me come in to check me out. She said it's not noted anywhere in my chart that he swept my membranes, when we talked to him yesterday he didn't say he did either. So for some reason it was just an excruciating check, which isn't normal for me.

They were scratching their heads as to what is causing this, my bp was low (higher for me, but still low) 108/62 so it isn't that. It happened again last night, and today I keep seeing bright flashes. Who knows, I'm like a ticking time bomb

@Mrs D: I'm 38+2, we dtd last night, and nada. I don't think I'd worry too much about it starting labor.

40. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Hey Canadian girls, chapters and indigo have 25% off any one item right now. Code is: GETONEFOR25OFF

I used it to buy a set of A&A blankets. I've never seen them on sale anywhere before! They are the 47x47 ones, not the smaller ones like in target. Lots of other baby stuff too and free shipping if you spend 25$. I don't know if there is a similar sale on in the states.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee