Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@StrawberryBee: Hopefully this lil teaser means the real deal will happen any moment now!!

@Delight: LOL @ your comment about keeping your legs crossed so that Christmas dinner won't be awkward!

@Mrs D: The strep B test is like a pap smear/swab. For me, it hurt like crap!

2. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

@Mrs D: My strep B test didn't hurt at all, they take a large q-tip and swap the outside of your ladyparts, no penetration.

3. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@redsmarties: I agree. Watching some of you ladies has made me very happy that my doc doesn't do cervical checks. So I just assume I'll be late.

@Modern Daisy: So nice that you get to work from home! I'm jealous.

@Strawberrybee: I'm sorry it's being so frustrating. Hopefully it picks up the pace for you.

4. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

@Grace: My cervical checks haven't been that bad. If anything they have been reassuring. It does hurt a little when she has to press down on my belly to feel my cervix but it lasts for a second and then I get some news! I actually look forward to these checks now! I never thought I would be so excited to have some strange lady's fingers inside me!

I posted this on another board but I wanted your guys' thoughts.

I have started getting super thick, stringy, yelowish snot like discharge every time I go to the bathroom today. It is everything everyone describes as the mucus plug minus the blood. According to Dr. Google a mucus plug doesn't always have blood in it. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case for me because every time the Dr. said I might bleed a little after certain procedures or checks, I never have.

Being 2cm and 90% on Monday maybe we have some progress? Has anybody else seen this? Am I just getting my hopes up when infact this could be just a weird change in discharge?

5. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@Mrs Hedgehog: my midwives explained to me that the mucus plug is just that, mucus. Sometimes there is blood/red or pink bits in it, because the capillaries in your cervix have burst. But a lot of the time, it just looks like snot. Haha. I would consider anything out of the ordinary to be a good sign!!

6. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Modern Daisy: @Alivoo01: @Grace: Thanks. Just read that back pain and irregular contraction patterns tend to go hand in hand. Got three good (read: super painful) contractions in at a minute long and in the 5 minute span before they started going back up to 7 min and 10 min intervals. I've had over 70 contractions since midnight.

Edit: the time between is starting to decrease! Just a couple more and I'm calling my dr and praying they don't turn me away at the hospital. I really, really hope I'm dilated more. Going there through rush hour is going to suck though. There is literally no good position to be in when one hits.

7. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@Mrs Hedgehog: I'm kind of in the same place as you, last check I was 2.5cm, completely effaced, and -2 stage (I'm assuming that's head). A couple days ago I started getting the same kind of discharge, and I never bleed after a check. I think it might be the mucus plug, but I'm not positive.

Today I had my 39 week check and it wasn't my regular doctor, she checked me and said I was almost 4cm dilated, and her head is as low as it can be, and completely thin still. She had me make an appt. for next Tuesday but said I probably won't make it. I'm due next Thursday!

I'm at work now, but I just got a call that we need to come pick up our kitten a week early so I think I need to leave the office pretty soon. I also need to buy a coming home outfit, so I'm going to head out to Gap or Janie and Jack and see what I can find.

8. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@StbHisMrs: Yay, that's awesome!

Those of you who have already delivered: did you bring your bags in with you to the hospital as you went to triage, or wait to be admitted before bringing the stuff up?

9. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@StrawberryBee: oh my word! How exciting! I hope this is it. And I was wondering that about the bags too, so I'm looking forward to our seasoned mommas answering!

10. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@StbHisMrs: woo hoo! That sounds super promising. Fingers crossed for you that things are moving along now. And post a picture of that kitten when you get her.

11. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@StrawberryBee: waited until we were admitted.

12. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Having a bad day. DH was invited to go to New York to watch the PGA golf event tomorrow. He would be going over night. I originally said yes, even though we both knew I wanted to say no. Then, I had to tell him I was really upset and didn't want him going and he ended up cancelling on his friend. Lots of tears from me but I just couldn't handle him being 5 hours away when I am 39w. I wish he just would have said no in the first place.

So now I hope I go into labour tonight or tomorrow so at least it's all in good reason that I made him stay home.

@StrawberryBee: good luck if you end up going in!!
    @Mrs Hedgehog: sounds like mucous plug to me! I don't think there necessarily has to be blood in it!
    @StbHisMrs: if you are 4cm things should be happening soon. I feel this week has been hard on you, lots of false alarms. I hope baby is soon on its way! Good luck.

13. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

6 cm dilated, 100% effaced and -1 station! Apparently I didn't look like I was in 6cm pain, so as they were checking me they were saying I probably needed to wait it out a little longer before being admitted. After seeing i was at 6 cm, the nurse was kinda trying to talk me into going med free, but I'm a little scared. Anyway, still in triage. They had us wait in the waiting room until a triage room opened up.

14. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@StrawberryBee: Ahhh that's awesome that you're already 6cm....you're over halfway there! You're little girl will be here very soon! Good luck!!

15. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Grace: I know better than to think dilation or effacement means anything until its 4+! So my checks dont bother me!

@Mrs Hedgehog: Definitely sounds like that could be your plug!!! Yay for progress!

@StrawberryBee: My sister had back labor for 3 days before my nephew came and she said it was just terrible! Hopefully yours doesn't last too long!

@StbHisMrs: That is great progress!!! Sounds promising!!!

@delight: Dont beat yourself up - I would have done the same thing!

@StrawberryBee: Yay!!! Another August baby will be here soon - here's hoping you have a speedy and uneventful labor!!!

16. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@StrawberryBee: awesome! Wishing you a great delivery!

17. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StrawberryBee: Oh yea!!! I'm so happy that things are on the move!

18. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@StrawberryBee: awesome! I wish you a great delivery! You'll be holding your babe soon! How amazing!!

19. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@StrawberryBee: Wow! That's so great, you'll have your baby soon!! We must've posted at the same time earlier, I didn't see that you were getting ready to head in. I'm excited for you

@JamieLee: I think I'm progressing slowly but surely, I'm just going to keep drinking my rrl tea, bouncing and doing pelvic circles on my yoga ball, and walking!
    I might be posting a picture of a new kitten and baby at the same time They moved it to Friday because they had to make an emergency work trip to Seattle. Which is good because now we have time to close up the space between the dishwasher and the fridge. When they brought them over on Saturday she got stuck between my cabinet and dishwasher!! Here's a picture from Saturday just before she got stuck!

@Mrs D: I was kind of surprised, she said once you get past 3cm then things move a little faster. We shall see, everyone has different opinion/advice. I just hope we're close, the look on her face when she felt the head was priceless. She ask how I was not waddling!

20. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@StrawberryBee: We left everything in the car. Once they moved me into the birthing room, DH brought up my stuff. When we were admitted to our room for overnight he brought up the nursing pillow and the diaper bag and stuff.

@StrawberryBee: woohoo! the rest will fly by!! good luck!

21. JessKas

pear / 1693 posts

@delight: I worry about my husband being 1-2 hours aways at work, nonetheless 5 hours! I would freak too!

@StrawberryBee: WooHOO! Hope your labor is quick and relatively painless!

@StbHisMrs: Kitty is SO cute! And you'll have a baby animal and a baby human at the same time!!! Gah, think of the photo opportunities!!!

22. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

@StrawberryBee: Exciting news! I can't wait to hear how you are and about the newest baby bee!

23. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@StrawberryBee: We brought it with us when we got the hospital because we were getting admitted. How exciting on your progress! You'll be snuggling with your LO soon!

@Modern Daisy: Mine was internal, that's why it hurt so badly!

@StbHisMrs: 4cm?! Woohoo!! Making progress and looks promising!

@delight: Men.... 39 weeks and he didn't think it'd wouldn't be okay/you wouldn't be upset if he went away to a place 5 hours away! Sorry girl!

24. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Epidural in -- awesome! When they broke my water I was still at 6cm; contractions have really picked up, so I'm so glad I waited until the Epi was in first. Highly recommend this if water doesn't break naturally and you're not planning for med free. Honestly, I was tolerating the contractions pretty well, bit was starting to get both front and back pain and they were def getting more intense. Now I'm contracting every 3.5 min. Sensation of water gushing out is so weird.

25. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

@StrawberryBee: exciting! Good luck mama! And getting the epidural with #1 was simply amazing lol

26. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@StrawberryBee: Woo-hoo! Totally agree about the epidural--I loved mine. I also agree about the water breaking. Mine broke at the end of a contraction and I told my DH that either my water just broke or I just peed all over myself. You're so close!

27. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StrawberryBee: Eeeeeeeeeeee!!!

28. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@StrawberryBee: omg!!!so close!!!

29. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@StrawberryBee: ahhhhhh where's my morning update? hope it all went well! Now let's hear your baby news!

And please let me be next....... Ahahaha

30. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

We have a baby!!!! Ella was born at 2:59 this morning. 7Lbs 4oz and perfect. Experience was SO much better than I could have hoped for. Came in at 6cm, was the same when they broke my water, next time I was checked I was an 8/9 and then soon after a 10! They didn't turn down the Epi at all for pushing so had to coach me through it, but it only took a little over an hour and a half of pushing to bring her into the world. It was such a weird sensation. Epi was great except there was a window on my left side that killed my left groin and lower back and was distracting during pushing.

31. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

@StrawberryBee: congrats!!!

32. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StrawberryBee: Congratulations!!

33. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@StrawberryBee: congrats! So happy for you!

34. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@StrawberryBee: congrats! Love the name Ella! Glad everything went smoothly, sounds like a great birth experience!

35. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

@StrawberryBee: Aww yaaay love the name - congrats Mama!!

36. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@StrawberryBee: Congrats!!! What a beautiful name - cant wait to see a picture of her!!

37. Mrs. Oatmeal

@StrawberryBee: CONGRATULATIONS! So exciting - I love the name Ella!

38. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@StrawberryBee: Awww congratulations!!!!! Sounds like you had a great experience! Enjoy your little girl!

39. Mrs. Oatmeal

Well...today's my due date! Headed to the midwives this afternoon, they'll most likely do a membrane sweep and see how I'm progressing. We all thought she'd be here by now, but she'll come in time. Maybe the sweep will get things going!

40. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@redsmarties: hope the sweep gets things going! Statistics say you have a 25% chance of going into labour in the 48 hours following a sweep. I'm at 44 hours..... good luck at your appointment!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee