Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2012 Due Date Thread

1. duckduckkristen

clementine / 959 posts

Hello Ladies! I've been following along on my phone while nursing and sounds like some of you are getting close!

Liam will be a week old tomorrow and so far things are going well! He really only cries when he's hungry or having his diaper changed, and it is pretty easy to settle him down. I'm really hoping this lasts! However, he wants to be fed almost every hour at night, but will sleep up to 5 hours at least once during the day. I can't wait until he's doing that at night. I need sleep! Nursing is going well too. Just some pretty sore nipples.

On Tuesday we took him to see the pediatrician for the first time and he looked pretty yellow so we had to take him for blood work. I felt so bad watching him get it done! When we went back to the ped the next day he had gained 3 oz and was looking less yellow, so it's all good now!

As for my recovery, it hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought. I've been light headed (my bp dropped a bunch after the birth and I don't think it has recovered yet) and the bleeding is down to a normal period level. I didn't tear, but I did end up with what my midwife called a "labial abrasion" on each side which she compared to a skinned knee and put one stitch on each side to speed up the healing. Now that the stitches have dissolved, it stings a little, but sitting has gotten a lot more comfortable. I'm down about 15 lbs already, which is half of what I gained - I had lost 10 lbs by 24 hours after birth. My belly looks so much flatter now so I tried the pre-preg jeans, but no luck - hips are still pretty big!

My mom came to visit us for a few days and it was so helpful! She cooked lots of yummy food and watched the baby every morning so I could sleep. DH went back to work yesterday and then my mom went home, so today is my first day alone with Liam and so far so good! DH only has to work a few days next week and then he's off for 2 weeks, so hopefully I'll get more sleep then.

I definitely agree that mommy brain is awful! I forget everything and can't get my left and right straight for some reason. I told DH he needs to be in charge of anything important because I'll just forget.

It's so weird to not be pregnant anymore and I can't believe I have a baby! But man oh man not having to pee every 5 minutes is the best feeling (along with having an adorable baby to love)!

Well, I'm going to go take a shower while Liam is still sleeping. Hope you are all doing well and things start to happen soon!

2. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

My OB appt went so well! I am dilated to a 5 but only 85% effaced. It's so crazy I am already halfway dilated! My doctor said that I should take to the induction really well since I have a favorable cervix, and my risk of C-section is now the same as any woman who goes into spontaneous labor on her own.
    My BP still was pretty high and she wavered back on forth on inducing me tonight. Of course, I asked for more time (which is so weird because I want this baby out so bad).

I went and visited my friend and her baby with my DH and it was so emotional for both of us. My DH cried at the hospital and I can tell he is just so ready to meet our baby girl. I can't believe how alert and healthy her baby was for being born at 35 weeks! She delivered at the same hospital I am going to so it was nice to hear her story and get the "scoop."
    One thing she pointed out is that you will encounter a LOT of nurses while you are the hospital (she said she had over 12 nurses) because of shift changes and whatever else. Her DH said that you need to make sure you tell each one your basic birth plan or what you want, because each new one who comes in is kind of starting from scratch. They didn't know which one would be delivering their baby, so they had to keep reiterating that they wanted all natural, not to offer an epidural, skin on skin after birth, etc. That's something I had not even thought of! I am thinking I will probably have a lot of nurses too since I am checking in at 10pm on Sunday and not expected to deliver until Monday afternoon/evening.

@duckduckkristen: Love to read your mommy updates. glad your recovery is going so well!

3. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@cvbee: I love reading your updates, thanks for posting!

@duckduckkristen: I'm glad things are going well with you and baby Liam. It sounds like your recovery is going well, too! 5 hrs of sleep during the day is pretty good! Are you napping when he does that?

@Mrsdaredevil: Awesome news! I really hope you go naturally in the next 48 hours!!

I feel like the more I'm on my feet the less I feel like this baby is coming anytime soon. Less BH than usual, no contractions. Seriously!? Ha!

4. LAGS

clementine / 916 posts

Dropping in quickly to say that Addison joined us early Thursday morning. DH and I checked into the hospital between 7 and 8pm on the 9th and after a whirlwind labor (which I'm still trying to straighten out in my mind) met our little girl at 1:04am. She was 7lbs even, 20" and has been a pretty happy baby!

We're home and doing well now, recovery isn't as bad as I'd been anticipating but I'm definitely looking forward to working a little more sleep into our routine to help rest up from the whole experience.

I hope everyone is enjoying their babies or are getting close to meeting their little ones! Hopefully I'll be able to get back and share some details soon!

5. winniebee

@LAGS: oh my goodness congratulations!!

6. Mrs. Sunglasses

GOLD / pomelo / 5167 posts

Okay... I had to go on to my computer because so much has happened in so little time!

@LAGS: OMG!!!!!!!!!!! How awesome! Congrats mama. I hope you had a speedy and easy delivery and can't wait to hear more about you and baby.

@Mrsdaredevil: Wow!!!! you are at 5cm? That is AMAZING! Honestly you have no idea. Less work once the contractions start coming in. I was induced at 41 weeks with my son and when I got to the hospital I was 3cm and 80% it took, (no joke) 5 hours to go from 3 to 5! so yay for you for having it so far along already. I wouldn't be surprised if you go into natural labour before sunday (i hope that's the case)

@duckduckkristen: Glad to hear things are going well! And so nice to having your mom help out so you can catch some extra Zzzz.... Get back to us with more updates soon.

7. Mrs. Sunglasses

@Goldilocks1107: So sorry there hasn't been progress but you are actually lucky that the doc will induce you at your due date. I'm not sure my doc would do so (but I'm keeping my fingers crossed)

As for me.... things are pretty much stagnant. Which sucks! I was really sure she would come early (she still has time, but I thought a good 2 weeks earlier like my mom and my sister)

My next appointment is next thursday (the 17th) but I felt that was too far away seeing I saw him on tuesday. I called twice to see if they can move my appointment to tuesday (or earlier in the week) the first time around there were no slots, but the second time around I was able to switch it around. YAY!!!

I'm just hoping come my next appt, if I haven't given birth then I can already decided when to get induced. I would prefer not getting induced this time around, especially seeing I've been having contractions on an off for the last 3 weeks... and things seem to be moving faster than with my first.

Could my water break already?! It would make things so much easier. I keep telling myself she will come on the 13th! but honestly now... i think she is just way to comfy to come out.

8. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Our newborn pictures were done today! I think they will be awesome, I can't wait to see them. Sawyer was awesome during them, nice and alert for the family pics, and really cute for his individual pics. DH got pooped on once, and I got peed on once though (to be expected when you have a lot of naked baby going on!)

@LAGS: Congratulations!

@Mrsdaredevil: 5cm is awesome! When you do go into labour it will be really speedy I bet!

@duckduckkristen: Glad to hear you and Liam are doing well! Hopefully he starts sleeping longer at night so you can get some good sleep! Napping together during the day is nice to, I love Sawyer and I's afternoon naps (just woke up from one actually!)

9. Mrs. Sunglasses

@MsMini: Ooo can't wait to see the pics! I'm sure they are fab!

10. Mrs.M57

kiwi / 515 posts

@LAGS congrats

11. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@MsMini: Sounds like your photos are going to be amazing. So glad he was alert for them!! I cant believe your DH got pooped on!!!!!

@LAGS: Woohoo congrats mama!! Cant wait to hear birth story.

12. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@LAGS: CONGRATULATIONS!

@Mrsdaredevil: Good luck! Glad your risk of c-section dropped

13. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@LAGS: congratulations, mama! That is so exciting! Enjoy your new little one.

14. winniebee

@blushink: I'm still holding out hope for a Mother's Day baby for you! Get your walking on this weekend : )

@MsMini: Oh how awesome! Can't wait to see those pics. I'm still baffled/have no idea about the whole boy diaper change thingy. Have nieces and haven't changed a boy's diaper since high school. Any tips?

Today, going to go run some errands (actually going to Carters....haven't done any baby shopping since January!) and maybe go to the park for a bit....then going to dinner with DH family. I think I stirred things up yesterday with all my activity as last night I could barely sleep from cramping and the occasional contraction. More this morning, but nothing too close together.

15. Mrs. Sunglasses

@winniebee: I'm hoping too! I've only had major cramping last night, but no contractions. This morning it's pretty dead. We are going to the parc with my inlaws today so hopefully the "walking" will trigger something (even if it hasn't the last 2 weeks)

Carters!!! How fun. Can you believe we don't have carters here. But I heard in the near future. We are always so behind on the stores. Ah well... gotta love Quebec and it's language laws.

16. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

everybody walk tonight so we can have some babies for mother's day

i'm cramping too... we seem so close ladies!

17. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@blushink: you live in quebec! I didn't know that. My mom grew up in Ontario but lived in Quebec for a while. She is a french speaking master! LOL

18. winniebee

I feel like after all this bedrest and preterm labor I'm going to get left in the dust and won't deliver til after my due date!!!!!

19. Mrs. Sunglasses

@Mrsdaredevil: Yes I live in Quebec! How awesome that your mom speaks awesome french... hows your french?
    Where do you live now, and is your mom living near you too?

20. calsmom

persimmon / 1087 posts

@Mrsdaredevil: I sent you a pm on weddingbee!

@LAGS: congrats!

21. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@winniebee: Boy diaper changes ... if you can be super quick it is all good, treating the diaper rash slows things down, and that is usually when we get peed on. I know some people throw a cloth over the bits and pieces during the diaper change, we might try that if he keeps spraying himself.

22. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@blushink: I live in Western Washington (state) now, as does my mom. She is a registered alien and my siblings and I all have dual citizenship!

For sure lost my mucus plug over the past two days. Went to a baby shower today, but am feeling like crap today. First time I have felt like crap in a super long time. I just went #2 like five times in a row.....I don't want to read into my symptoms too much but I a pretty sure I am going into labor soon. If I make it all the way to induction, hopefully my body responds well because it seems like it's getting ready!!!

23. Mrs. Sunglasses

@Mrsdaredevil: dual citizenship how awesome is that! Be sure to apply for baby girl too

Well if ever you decide to come visit Montreal I would love to meet up.
    I'll be thinking of you today and tomorrow. I hope the induction will go well and you'll have an easy and speedy delivery. The pregnancy that seemed to last forever is almost done. And trust me it will have all been worth it.

24. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@Mrsdaredevil: I hope you go naturally! If not, it does sound like your body is preparing for it. So excited for you, you might have a baby on mother's day!

25. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

@cvbee: I'd prefer to not have to schedule an induction, and Baby Girl still has a week to show up on her own. But, since she's already estimated at over 8lbs, I'm concerned that letting her go beyond her due date will cause extra stress for both of us during labor and increase the odds of me needing a c-section due to her size.
    Plus, I'm so over being pregnant and the swelling continues to get worse. Last night, I had dimples where my toe joints should be and I couldn't even see my ankle bones. And it's starting to affect my hands, which is bad, since I work on a computer all day at work. I figure my body is saying "we're done with this" even though my uterus isn't getting the hint.

@LAGS: Congratulations!

Happy Mother's Day to all us May mommies!

@Mrsdaredevil: I hope your induction goes well today and you have a happy, healthy bundle of joy tomorrow!

26. Mrs. Sunglasses

@Goldilocks1107: I hoped for my first to come without an induction and unfortunately that didn't happen. At 41 weeks I gave birth to a 9lb baby and it wasn't easy to "get out" ( but luckily they didn't need anything to pull him out nor did i get a c-section)

It sucks that our babies are so comfy in there that they don't want to come out, but it's better to get induced than not having a baby come out due to size. I do hope you'll go into labour naturally though. That's what I'm hoping for my second.

27. winniebee

@Mrsdaredevil: thinking of toucan wishing you the best of luck today regardless of how baby girl decides to show up!

28. Nskillet

persimmon / 1099 posts

Happy first mothers day to all May Moms! Heres hoping some of you are on the other side of your birth stories! Pregnancy feels so long and seems to end so quick!

29. aunt pol

kiwi / 525 posts

OMFG water just broke!!! It's 1.28 am here, woke up to pee and then realised I had stopped peeing and there was still liquid coming out:) Rang hosp and they said come on in, so just showered and dressed and will see what happens:)

30. Mrs. Sunglasses

@aunt pol: OH YAY!!!!!!! Thats awesome news. I have to admit I'm a little jealous! Wishing you a quick and easy delivery. Good luck!!!

31. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@aunt pol: fun! I was just reading today that only 10 percent of labours start with water breaking. Wishing you the best!

32. aunt pol

kiwi / 525 posts

Thanks girls! Just got a bed now, 4.33 am, Dh just gone home to get a few hours sleep. I'm having v mild period - type pains every ten mins, so not a whole lot going on really. STILL feckin leaking waters, it really is a job for the hospital grade pads, the "maternity" ones I bought were useless. Doc was around, one of my team, happily, and said if nothing happens/progresses they'll induce me tues am, so I'll def be all done well before the weekend anyway. Mad! I'm going to try for some shut eye now, I would imagine it'll be in short supply from now on! Chat later.

33. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@aunt pol: Congrats mama! Sooooo happy for you, can't wait to cyber-meet your twinnies!!

Going in a half hour. I am not going to lie I am pretty nervous.

Happy Mommy's Day!!!

34. aunt pol

kiwi / 525 posts

@Mrsdaredevil: Best of luck!

Pains in my back every three mins are absolutely preventing any kind of sleep now- no fair!

35. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@aunt pol: Ahhh! Congratulations--so exciting! I hope it's not back labor--every 3 minutes? Ouch, Good luck!

@winniebee: Aww, I feel like I could have 2 weeks to go, too. Good luck.

@Goldilocks1107: So big! All my "real life" friends that have given birth in the last month (well, ok, since easter, so over a month) have been between 8 and 9.5 pounds. I know that has no bearing on the size of our baby, but it's still scary. I hope you don't need an induction! How did they guess your LO at 8+lbs?

@Mrsdaredevil: Good luck! So excited for you. And.... hope your husband does something nice for you, post mother's day.

Any of you do anything for mother's day? I started some shadow boxes for MIL and mom--that can't be finished until baby shows his little cute face. DH is concerned that I'm creating "too much stuff for myself to do when baby is here."

Uh... all I have to do is ask someone to pick up the photos for me, then glue in the photos and the little baby foot prints/hand prints. It should take 5 minutes. I already prepared all the rest! Is that really too much to do? I'm actually excited about this mini project--it already looks pretty cool.

And we had fajitas for dinner (mm!). I made them, but DH came up with the idea--yay!

36. Mrs. Sunglasses

@aunt pol: @Mrsdaredevil: Good luck ladies. I'll be thinking of you today and tomorrow. I wouldn't stress. I know it's easy to say because I stressed the first time around, but really it went well and realized stressing over something I didn't have much control of (because my body decided) Only stressed me more. Ha.

@pastemoo: I asked my doctor if he knew an approx. for the size of this baby. I had a 9lb boy the first time around and they said if I was full term 40w shed be 7.5-8 lbs. I just hope shes not bigger than that.

37. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@blushink: Huh! So, by palpation, your doctor could guess? That's pretty cool!

38. Mrs. Sunglasses

@pastemoo: Ya, don't ask me how they mesure but they aren't usually that off. Probably with the size of the bump... no clue.
    Only time will tell if he was right. I just don't want another 9lb baby... yikes!

39. winniebee

@aunt pol: eeek!!! Good luck! A happy and safe delivery to you and he babes!

@Mrsdaredevil: Yay to pregnancy beige almost over for you and you almost have your baby girl!!

@pastemoo: That is a really sweet gift : ). Hmm maybe we should do Mexican tonight.....have been so active the last few days and went for a lon walk last night....

Has or did anyone notice a difference in baby's movement thi last few wks of pregnancy? I don't know if it's bc I have gone from laying on the couch (and literally observing his movement every 30 mins...) to being up and about but I feel like he's moving less during day. At night still feel him a lot but I can tell he is running out of room as the movements are different/dot feel as forceful. I have an appt tomorrow but in not sure if it's worth a call to doc today.

40. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

@aunt pol: Yay! Hope everything is going well and your two babas are here!

@pastemoo: Basically the OB man-handled my uterus to guesstimate the size. It felt like she was trying to pick up the baby while she was still in me. Very strange.

DH bought me a hanging plant for Mother's Day. And cleaned the shower and bathroom countertop (I think that was my favorite part). Plus he gave me 2 massages during the day (my hips hurt A LOT because I was trying to walk the baby out all weekend).

I made brunch for my parents and us - it turned out pretty darn tasty!

@winniebee: I'm feeling more of a squirmy movement at set times of the day. Much less random movement. I think it's totally normal for things to slow down a bit at the end because there's less room to maneuver. Still getting some wicked side kicks though - I think she's trying to fully stretch her legs or something!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee