Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2013 Mamas

1. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@FarmWifeGina: the remainder of the night provided me with 2 hours of sleep, and some other fragments here and there. We are cluster feeding to work on his jaundice and weight. I guess you don't get many fire alarms going off at 12am where you live?

2. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

@anbanan15: Yeah, I'm positive it didn't work now. My body just isn't ready, and that's okay -- I was hopeful that it'd be the kicker but I guess not! I'm willing to keep taking it day by day. I wish she'd come out before my dad leaves, but it is what it is. Things will happen on their own.

@sweetooth: That sounds awful!

3. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

I'll be on tomorrow to catch up on posts but just wanted to know. .. @Mrs. J: any news?

4. mrsmacandcheese

I think I lost some plug! And I have back pain plus a tiny bit of cramping. I'd go out for a walk but there's 15 cm of snow forecasted and we've got about 3/4 of it already - Mr D and my Dad are shoveling like crazy.

5. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Baby Jack arrived today at 12:38pm. Will post more details later, but we are sooooo in love!!

6. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@Mrs. J: Yaaaaaaay! I had a feeling he was here! Congratulations!

7. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. J: Yay!!! Congrats mama!! Welcome to this side

8. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@Mrs. J: Congrats!!!!

9. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs. J: yay! Congrats!

10. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Mrs. J: congratulations!

11. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@Mrs. J: congrats!!!!

12. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mrs. J: Congratulations! Enjoy every first!

@MrsDragon: Oh my goodness SNOW! Shovel away Mr D and Dad!

13. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Mrs. J: Congrats!!! A little boy!

14. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ShootingStar: Today is the big day! Thinking lots of good thoughts for you and DC. Cant wait to hear the good news.

Don't stress about the IL. It will all work out. If not, vent away to us while you are feeding

15. ChitownRo

clementine / 948 posts

@Mrs. J: yay!! Congratulations!!

16. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

So I may JUST be putting the crib together now...

39w (39w4d) appointment today and I'm hoping they send me to L&D, but I know that's not going to happen. I would love to schedule my induction as early as tomorrow, but I think I am going to shoot for Friday, my due date. DS has a dentist appointment Thursday morning and I have class Thursday night. My luck our instructor would do an "in-class assignment" (which she has been skipping) and I would miss those points

17. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

Oh, YAAAAAAAY, @Mrs. J!!!!!! Congrats!

18. Brassgiraffe

cherry / 185 posts

Hello fellow November Mamas! I finally joined HB this weekend after a few months of being a shy lurker. I'm due on November 28 with our first child, a girl.

I'm writing mostly to say thanks to each of you! A big part of me finally joining was because of this board. When I first started checking out the boards, I didn't anticipate it was something I'd really get into (I'd just never done it before, and again, longtime shy person). When some of you started reporting labor updates, I realized I was getting excited for you and felt kind of silly for being excited from afar. You all are such sweet, honest, and supportive peopleā€¦ you made it easy for me to finally take the plunge and join. So, thanks! Huge congratulations to those of you whose babies have already arrived. And to those of you still waiting, I hope you are staying as comfortable as possible! (And sorry for lurking!)

19. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: let us know how your appt goes! I would hope your instructor would understand if you're having a baby. Does she know you're due any day now?

@Brassgiraffe: Welcome! & congratulations to you! We hope you join in more often

20. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Brassgiraffe: Yay! Welcome! Congrats on your little girl and possible Turkey Day baby!!

@Ash: I'm in the waiting room now You would think she would however, she took off the points for the first in class assignment I missed before I was even enrolled in the class so I'm afraid that would be my luck this week (although she did cancel the online exam we were supposed to have due on Thanksgiving and is combining it with the last exam instead). This was the class I picked up after they forced me to drop clinicals when I broke my leg.

21. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: goodness gracious, they aren't the most forgiving instructors, are they?

22. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: Haha no...

23. ChitownRo

clementine / 948 posts

@Brassgiraffe: welcome

@anbanan15: wow, your program doesn't sound very family friendly, which is surprising for nursing.

24. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

So I was just told "your cervix is dissapointing". We were going to schedule an induction for Friday noon, but after checking me, baby still being high and nothing going on with my cervix my midwife decided she better start Thursday evening. She said no matter what I would have ended up with another induction, so we just decided no sense in prolonging it and to do it now instead of next week, at 41w (latest their practice lets you go).

25. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: @ChitownRo: I know right! I think I'm still going to go to class on Thursday and have DH pick me up at school to go to L&D. Sounds nuts right?

26. ChitownRo

clementine / 948 posts

@anbanan15: disappointing is a strong word. but i guess she is clear in her opinion and you don't have to feel indecision re: induction. my last check was a week ago on my due date - high, closed. i'm sure they would have labeled it disappointing too. but i'm not scheduled for an induction until late on thurs night. we might both have 11/22 babies!

ETA: i'm trying everything possible before 11/21 at 10:30 pm to start this process. lots of sex, spicy food, pineapple, walking, primrose oil caps, and even castor oil. and i have a call in to an acupuncturist!

27. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@ChitownRo: Well this is my second and the same thing happened last time. We tried all the stuff you mentioned with DS and nothing helped in the slightest. I know things could change in an instant though. Cute if they share a birthday!

28. mrsmacandcheese

Hope everything is going well for everyone! They hooked me up for a NST this morning and lo and behold the back pain I was having all night = contractions! Can't gel someone when they're contracting so I escaped the induction for today. I'm hanging out trying to strike a balance between rest and activity and we have to go back in at 9 tomorrow for the whole NST/BPP routine.

29. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@MrsDragon: Sounds promising! And, um, I too may have started losing some chunks of my plug. Maybe we'll both have babies tonight or tomorrow! We shall see! I got my last big supply run to the big city done today (because it's entirely reasonable to be running errands 100 miles away from your chosen place of birth 2 days before your EDD, right?), so now that I'm stocked up on some food essentials, I think we're about as ready as we're gonna get.

30. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@FarmWifeGina: @MrsDragon: @anbanan15: @ChitownRo: Ahhhh exciting stuff ladies!! Can't wait to see some more sweet babies born

I'm still following along (normally during nursing sessions so I can't always reply) and I'm excited for everyone! My hormones are definitely making me super emotional because I may have had a breakdown last night when I realized that he's "growing up too fast!" I look at him and I get so emotional because he's perfect and the days already seem as though they are going too fast!! He's generally a very calm baby and he's done awesome with sleep since we've been home (it's almost *too* good to be true haha)

31. ChitownRo

clementine / 948 posts

@FarmWifeGina: i also just lost my plug (i think). i'm not feeling great... but have had so many false alarms with BHs that I'm not sure what to make of what I'm feeling. But I'm needing to sway and focus for the first time ever...

32. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Brassgiraffe: Welcome!! Can't wait to read more about your sweet baby! My husband was born on Thanksgiving- maybe you'll have a little turkey

33. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@ChitownRo: Having to focus is a very good sign. I'm nowhere near that point, but I'm happy to be getting some signs.
    And welcome to @Brassgiraffe:, so glad to have you join us!

34. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@Mrs. J: woohooo! Welcome Jack! Great name

35. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ShootingStar: Monday is coming to a close have you met your baby boy yet? Thinking of you!

36. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@Brassgiraffe: welcome!

37. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Brassgiraffe: Welcome and congrats to you! 11/28 was my due date but he decided to come early on 11.12.13. Hope you are feeling well in the final weeks. This is a great group to participate in

38. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

@Brassgiraffe: welcome!!! It took me quite a while to de-lurk as well

Hi ladies! I'm still following along with all of you. Somehow it just seems impossible to find time to update now that little guy is here. We are doing well. I'll update the baby board when I can. Good luck to all of you still waiting for your little ones.

39. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

@Mrs. J: congrats!!! Can't wait to hear more about him. Rest up mama & enjoy your little guy

40. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@sweetooth: Declan Cole joined us at 10:30 last night via c section after I spent all day never making it past 4cm. We are totally in love. He's super sleepy and chill, hoping he stays that way! But of course nothing with babies is permanent right? I'll update later with more details and a better pic, but for no, here's little DC.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee