Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2013 Mamas

1. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: I suppose. I know, making plans is a good thing. I wasn't planning on making it to church this Sunday, but I guess I better start looking forward to it. I wouldn't mind making it to church one last time before I'm out for a few weeks.

2. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: I'm always afraid my water will break while I'm at church! I thought for sure this past Sunday would've been my last time there for a couple weeks. We'll see!

3. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: LOL, well, I can assure you, THAT is highly unlikely to happen.

4. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: I know! But it'd be my luck. Something unlikely would happen to me. so now I need to add something to my agenda... hmm.

5. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: Baha, it's just one of those silly things we pick to be paranoid about. I'm not paranoid about my water breaking away from home (I sincerely hope it doesn't break until I'm well into labor), but I am paranoid about going to 42 weeks and beyond, even though the odds are against it.

6. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: dh is ready for something to happen - he says he's always on edge when his phone rings. Hahah!
    You'll be having cricket before you know it

7. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

We have a baby! Midori Kaye was born at 2:04 pm, weighing 7 lbs 3 oz and 19". I held off getting an epi as long as I could as I have low bp issues, but I started getting bad back labor around 1 pm. Had the epi started to be placed around 1:20 at 5 cm. Had trouble with the epi taking to my right side and while the anestesologist was still here the nurse checked me the head was right there! They had to call my midwife back from the office and she just made the birth. Little one was face up, cord wrapped around her neck and blue but my midwife worked quickly to get the cord off while I pushed and she pinked up nicely. We are currently doing some skin to skin and nursing.

8. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: Awwwww! She's beautiful! Congratulations to you and your family!

9. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@anbanan15: So gorgeous! Congrats!

10. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@anbanan15: Congratulations!!! Glad you had that tasty breakfast And that everything turned out ok with the cord situation. My little guy came out with the cord around his neck too, but he helped out with his little fist being beneath it as well.
    Enjoy that skin to skin time. You did it!

11. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: @FarmWifeGina: Thank you!

@sweetooth: Thank you! Smart little guy! Did you know about the cord while you were delivering? I had no idea until the midwife told me and DH said she was blue and thought we lost her. I push with my eyes shut so no idea

12. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@anbanan15: yay! Congrats!

13. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@anbanan15: I didn't know about the cord until the final push. They told me to wait because they saw the cord wrapped. But I couldn't wait. So she maneuvered him and I pushed and he cried right away. I'm amazed it was never highlighted on my ultrasounds.

I don't know if my eyes were shut when I pushed...

14. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@sweetooth: It was never noted on ours either. I just had one at 36 weeks and 5 total, but really I'm not surprised given how much she changed positions between transverse and breech before finally settling head down.

@DigAPony: Thank you

15. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@sweetooth: @anbanan15: Your babies are beautiful!!! Congrats!!

@FarmWifeGina: @Ash: I hope things start moving along for y'all soon!!!

I'm reading along, but I've been super emotional lately so I haven't been posting. I'm hoping some of the moms who have older LOs can make me feel a bit better. I'm thinking I may have some postpartum anxiety. Since about day 4 (now day 8), I've been crying my eyes out all day long. I look at him and freak out that he's going to grow up too fast. I spent my whole pregnancy counting down the time until he'd be here and now it seems as though time is going by way too fast. I worry about him turning one, then going to kindergarten, then being in middle school, etc.

Someone reassure me that the newborn stage isn't the "best" and I will enjoy him as he gets older and I won't cry every time I realize he is getting older. Gah this makes me feel crazy. I've already talked to my doctor and we have a plan in place since I've experienced anxiety before.

16. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@ChitownRo: congratulations! Love his name and all that hair.

17. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@lilteacherbee: I'm sure the anxiety is hard to process with your current emotional state. I don't have the right words to console but thought that maybe if you write the feelings out on paper it will help? Glad to hear you have a plan in place. Hugs!

18. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@anbanan15: Congrats!!!

19. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@lilteacherbee: Thank you!
    I'm glad you were able to talk to your doctor about your anxiety. I can understand how you'd be feeling sad - I'm glad you have a plan in place and you've acknowledged it's a problem. I'll be thinking of you mama!

20. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@lilteacherbee: @ms.janedoe: Thank you!

Big bro was just in for a visit. It went well and the he wanted to leave because he wanted his "box" (toddler formula) which made me a little sad.

@lilteacherbee: I'm glad you were able to talk to your doctor. I have been very emotional too but more the thought of having 2 and not just DS anymore. DS leaving just now made me want to cry and I was bailing just before delivery for a similar reason. I think some level of anxiety is normal but being willing to talk about it is key to keeping it at bay.

21. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@anbanan15: congratulations!

22. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@FarmWifeGina: @Ash: I took a look at the due date thread and it looks like you two are our remaining November mamas in waiting. Any word from rainbow sprinkles though?

Hope you're doing well. I'm thinking of you both!

23. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@sweetooth: Thanks! Nothing going on here. How's the little baby tooth?

24. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@sweetooth: Nothing happening here either. I went out hunting with Farmer Man this morning and bounced over about 25 miles of rutted field lanes in the pickup, so maybe that'll do something. And we have plans to go out again later this afternoon, and also to see Catching Fire this evening. So, I'm not gonna complain if those plans are broken, but I'm also not too convinced that anything will happen between now and then either. I've settled into 'will be pregnant for the foreseeable future, otherwise known as forever' mode. I'll do the Miles Circuit here in a little while, but I'm not going to wear myself out with anything either, especially since I haven't had any regular contractions or real signs of impending labor anyhow.

25. Maysprout

grapefruit / 4800 posts

@anbanan15: Congrats! I love pics where the newborn is staring up at mama, so sweet!

26. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: dh offered to take me through some bumpy fields but I'm not feelin that. He also offered up some sex which I declined. Lol, I'm a party pooper!

27. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: Lol, sex, he's so generous. The other night DH asked if I wanted to do it to bring on labor and I was like, really!? You wanna do that exercise in clumsiness again?

28. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: Really though, if you have an exercise ball, bouncing on that has the same effect as driving down a section line.

29. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: Bahahah, they really are generous huh?
    I do have an exercise ball... Maybe I'll give it a whirl in a bit. Baby has been moving quite a bit. Maybe looking for the exit?

30. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: Ir trying to find that perfect angle for descent.

31. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: YES!
    Well, I hope you don't make it to your movie tonight.

32. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: Thanks, I hope you don't make church tomorrow. But I have a feeling I'll be making both.
    Lol, sticking my rear in the air with the Miles right now. Super comfy.

33. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: Hahah thanks!
    Now that's some dedication! I'm gonna look this up...

34. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: The kneeling position is hard on my knees, so I only hold that position for 10 minutes or so. I'm not really aware of any malpositioning that I need to be trying to fix anyways, so I think just giving a little wiggle room for adjustment and then going through the rest of the circuit is helpful.
    ETA: http://www.milescircuit.com

35. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: Thanks! I'm gonna look into it what the heck!

36. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@LovelyPlum: @Maysprout: Thank you!

37. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: How's everything going?

38. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: Alright. She is really congested but overall really good and so different from DS! My milk hasn't come in yet, which is normal, but by this time with DS I was already over producing so this is new to me. I feel great except for extreme back pain at my epi site, which my midwife said could last a few months (I had a similar experience with a spinal tap some years ago).

39. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@lilteacherbee: I'm so sorry you are dealing with this, and glad you are talking to the doctor and have a plan. I want to let you know that DS is almost 2 yrs and I never believed the people that told me that every age was their favorite - but it is SO TRUE! Every day he is doing something new and it is so cool, it is really amazing to watch him grow and learn and become this little person. My new DS is 11 days old now and I am a little sad that he has already changed so much, but I am trying to remind myself how much I have to look forward to. And I know this is hard to believe but you will love LO more all the time. As much as I was overcome with emotion when I first met him, it is nothing compared to the strength of the love I feel now for my older son. (I'm tearing up as I write this.) You have such a wonderful relationship to look forward to with your son!!!

40. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@anbanan15: Congrats! Glad the first meeting went well, even if he was hungry I know he loved his new baby sister and misses his mama like crazy.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee