Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2013 Mamas

1. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: Good luck mama! Can't wait to meet baby!!

2. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

@Ash: good luck!!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! A few things seemed to click yesterday thankfully. Today I have to spend some time alone with M while Mr D goes back to work - hoping it all works out! He can come home easily if I need him at least.

3. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Ash: I finally get a 2 hr stretch of sleep and I miss you heading to the hospital! I hope everything is going well so far! Thinking of you...

4. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

Thanks everyone! Contractions are between 2 and 5 minutes apart but I think they're gonna send me home. Hopefully we have a baby today!

5. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: Hope you can sleep if you get the chance! Sleep, and then, come on, baby! Wanna race? I was having very light, but regular menstrual-type cramps for several hours early this morning too. I'm off to the chiro and she'll do an adjustment and some accupuncture too, so maybe that'll get me going for realz!

6. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

2nd+ time mom's: anyone else having horrible afterbirth contractions?!

@Ash: Come on baby! 11/25 and 11/26 are nice birthday's

@FarmWifeGina: Wouldn't that be something if the remaining November babes have the same birthday?! Nice way to round out the month!

7. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@anbanan15: That would be fun, but I'm feeling like it's not gonna happen. And yes, I had dreadful afterbirth pains with my second. I know there's more natural stuff you can take, but I'm stocking up on the Motrin because I am SKEERED of how bad they're going to be this time.

@Ash: Any updates? Hopefully you are snuggling a new baby, or close to it!

Never had acupuncture done, but it's kinda the weirdest thing ever. I wasn't expecting it to hurt that much. Well, it didn't *really* hurt, but the points she used were very, very tender, the insertion of the needles hurt more than I thought it would. And then it triggered some detoxing and I was nauseous and had a lovely little detoxing headache by the time it was done, but yeah, no harm, no foul. We'll see if it works. She also stripped a section of muscles in my legs, OMG, I almost fell off the table it hurt so bad, and she said most people have a baby within a week of that trick. I was like, I'm 40+5, I certainly HOPE I have a baby within a week of now!

8. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@FarmWifeGina: no one mentioned the afterbirth pains andi was looking it up..not uncommon to go unnoticed with the first but get worse with each pregnancy after that until the ~6th child and the they stop increasing In intensity so no need to let the fear of them influence your family size hah

9. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: I'm back at square one. I laid down and everything disappeared. Sooooooo... Looks like it's back to trying a few tricks to get them back. 12hrs of contractions and they disappear. Disappear I tell ya!

10. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: Contractions that go nowhere like that can be indicative of the body trying to get baby into a better position for birth. Anything from turning from posterior to much smaller adjustments in fetal position. Don't be discouraged! I don't know if you had any internal checks or not, but try not to worry if there was no change. They were happening for a reason! But it can screw with your mind, I know.

11. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

DH just got called out to do a job until Wednesday... I'm flying solo until then (2 days/nights, not too bad..right?)... Wish me luck!!

12. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: I think the 25th is outta the question for this baby! Gonna shoot for the 26th now!

@FarmWifeGina: thank you! So if they come back, you think I should try hands and knees or sitting on my yoga ball? Any tips?

@ms.janedoe: you can do it mama! Take advantage of cuddling baby Harper!

13. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@ms.janedoe: You can do it!

@ash: The Miles Circuit I was talking about the other day can be really helpful. And yes, hands and knees and ball-bouncing, totally. Basically, anything that opens your pelvis and movement is always good. Also, you may want to look at spinningbabies.com.

14. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: I never thought I'd be begging for my contractions to come back! Off to see what I can do! Anything on your end?

15. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: Nah, nothing more than I've been having for the past 2 months or so. I think more downward pressure though- I feel like I have to pee and poo all the freaking time. Here's hoping that I'm walking around at a 5 or something all this time, lol. Even though it doesn't mean anything. But just today I realized, oh, I'm probably somewhat dilated, part of the work is done, I can deal with that thought.

16. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: you're so optimistic! I hope you are a 5! come on babies!

17. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: Boo! I thought for sure you were off having a baby. That's okay I like even numbers anyway so 11/26 sounds like the better day Try to relax and keep up the good work! Baby will be here soon.

@ms.janedoe: you've got this mamma!

18. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: Thanks mama! I want to be off having a baby! Dh and I were so excited! And then they fizzled just like that. I agree about the 26th too - now let's see if baby agrees!
    How are you and baby girl?

19. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@anbanan15: @Ash: I've had the 26th picked as The Day for awhile now. Mostly because Deere Boy's birthday is the 28th, Tractor Girl is the 27th (of different months), so the 26th would be kind of cool for Cricket. Here's hoping!

20. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: Oh my that'd be really fun! Here's to hoping you're right! I've had the 27th picked... but I'm afraid of getting impatient lol!

21. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: I have to confess, my good attitude is fading. Especially since I was so agitated and on edge and hormonal last evening, I thought for sure something would happen during the night. And I only woke once to go pee. Dammit. Need to get my head in a better place or this is going to be a VERY long day.

22. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: I could've wrote that! I slept like a log (well I had been up for 36hrs) but I thought for sure I'd wake up to contractions for a 3rd night in a row. No go! We can so relate though. I know I'm not overdue but yesterday really got us excited and now we feel hopeless. It's the 26th... The day you've picked! Today could very well be Cricket's birthday! Anything can happen at any time!

23. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: Err I was hoping your next update was baby is I the way/here! Maybe you'll have the Thanksgiving baby I thought we were having (and probably would haveif we didn't induce when we did).

We are doing well. I feel great! She is such a content baby, barely makes a sound ever, and just wants to sleep. Total opposite from what DS was like at this age.

When she actually nurses she latches and sucks well, but I think she is somewhat of a lazy feeder...she'll nursed excellent for like 5 min then pass out again and most of the time I can't wake her, so that has me feeding her like every hour! Every few feedings she'll nurse longer on both sides. We have our first pedi appointment later this afternoon so it will be interesting to see where her weight checks at.

24. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@ms.janedoe: good luck!
    @Ash: @FarmWifeGina: I hope you guys are in business soon!

Today is DH's last day home..I'm very sad about it.I've loved just being our little family of 3!

25. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: Thanksgiving is close so I'd be okay with that! Only thing is, dh's god daughter's birthday is the 28th too... which is no big deal actually! I'm still hoping to not make it to tomorrow's appt.
    So glad she's a good little baby! She's just a lazy little nurser. It sucks having to work for food when it's been given to you for the past 9mos. I'm sure her weight is up since she's nursing so frequently - let us know how it goes and good luck! Really glad you're feeling well!

26. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: I'm fairly convinced your little person will be here before mine. Heck, I may just go into December. I have a lot of head knowledge about going post dates, I KNOW that everything could change in a matter of hours, but everything I know is starting not to help anymore. And I'm not even to 41 weeks yet. WAAAAAAAAAH! I know I should probably have a good cry about it, but I don't even feel like I can right now. DH is busy hauling corn, he left the house at 5:30 and who knows when he'll get home. My SIL has been here for over a week, but I don't feel like I have a good enough excuse to banish myself to my room and let her as the sole care provider for the kids, even though DB is in school most of the day and it's mainly just TG. I just feel like I'm so close to falling apart, I'm hoping it's hormones and that it actually means something.
    On the plus side, Cricket has been moving well and I have no doubts to his/her health at this point.

27. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@Mrs. J: I forgot to tell you... my baby isn't ever coming out. But you probably felt the same way.
    I can understand you being sad about that. I would be too!

@FarmWifeGina: I'm not as convinced as you are! The 2 of us are cracking me up! We're so antsy! Just keep your chin up. Take a bath and let yourself relax. You deserve it. I'm sure your sil won't mind watching tg for a little while so you can be alone. *hugs*

28. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: Oh and as for movement, this little one has official made me think it's 20lbs with the massive movement! Holy smokes!

29. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Ash: I was sooooo convinced he was never ever coming out! I WA super shocked when I got to the hospital to check his movement and I was actually at 8!

30. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@Mrs. J: heck yeah! Probably the best news ever! I was hoping for the same news but got told I was still 1.5 lol (actually, not funny at all!).

31. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: Well, you're a FTM, you have a pass to be antsy! But this is my 3rd time, I have a good track record, I'm a freaking birth doula, I have no excuse!

32. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: Noooooooo! I think you have the pass... It's expected for me to go over! And being a doula would make me more antsy after seeing mamas go early or on time.
    If that doesn't make sense, I apologize. Just trying to make you feel better!

33. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: No, I understand. Thanks. Soon, soon. More than likely, both of us will have our babies out in the next 2 weeks, lol.

34. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: now that's some optimism lol!

35. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@FarmWifeGina: @Ash: I'm pretty sure I would have gone past both of you if my midwife hadn't given us the option to induce a week early...I'm sure many wouldn't agree with it and although everything worked out beautifuly I'm still not entirely sure it was the best decision, but I know it was the right decision for me at that point in time.

@Ash: I will let you know how it goes! And yes it's hard working do your food She is just so different from DS that it's hard to think this can be normal either.

36. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: Baha, well, if you think about it, that's not that long. Think how fast you went from, say, 26 to 28 weeks.
    But I'm hoping this is the unpredictable factor that they talk about with 3rd births. Like, there's always SOMETHING with the 3rd birth that throws you for a loop. Considering I delivered at 39+5 with my second, this is sorta definitely throwing me for a loop.

37. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: well I know for sure I'll have a baby within 1 week cuz my midwife won't let me go much further than 41 weeks (which is Thursday).
    I've never heard that about 3rd births... Good to know!

@anbanan15: I think what you did was fine! everyone is healthy!

Well, off to the chiropractor this morning. Maybe he can get baby into position.

38. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

So she is just an efficient nurser Practically back to her birth weight again at 7lb 1oz today (so 2 oz under). We go back in a week for a weight check.

39. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: Yay! Good job baby girl and mama!

40. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@anbanan15: yay!! Good job mama!

I had an LC appointment yesterday and my little man transferred 2.5 oz! Made me so happy. They weighed him with clothes on and he was 9lb 1oz. Birth weight was 8lb 13oz and he was down to 8lb 5oz at discharge. I'm thinking that without clothes, he should be back to birth weight or at least really close.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee