Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2013 Mamas

1. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@shellio: Thank you! He told my mom last night that "mommy and daddy had a baby and she's cute". He came back today and is completely in love with her...but also misses mommy and daddy and keeps asking for us.

2. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Ash: @anbanan15: Thank you

@shellio: That really helps, thank you!!! I don't know why I'm having such trouble with this. My DH and his mom have such a wonderful relationship. He's a "Mama's boy" but in a good way. Watching their relationship, I know that he still loves her to death and its awesome that they are close. He's 25 years old, but it's obvious that his mom is still so important to him. I never truly appreciated that until now.

I just hear about moms who cry every time their babies grow out of clothes a certain size or whatever, and it freaks me out! I don't want to be sad his entire life because he's growing up. It's nice to hear that you've really enjoyed every age! Thank you

3. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@lilteacherbee: Good to hear about your DH and his mom. Actually it kind of makes me sad because my DH and MIL don't have a close relationship and I want to see what a great adult mother-son relationship can be! My mom is close to my brother though, she is a little wacky so I don't want to model myself on her or anything I don't mind putting away his old clothes or looking at the old pictures - that stuff was fun but it is just so neat seeing what he'll do next.

4. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: Awe, poor peanut - the congestion should go away soon. And I hope your back starts feeling better! One of the reasons epidurals freak me out!

Okay so I'm wide awake having lots of lower back pain. Trying to rest JUST IN CASE!

5. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: I've been wondering where you have been all day! I was hoping in labor! Fingers crossed baby is on the way!!

6. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: Hahahah, I was hoping the same! Dh and I are both awake (so unlike him). Fingers crossed!

7. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Ash: Hope it's soon for you!! I forget- are you past your due date yet? DH and I are awake at 1:40 am and baby is sleeping. What's wrong with us?! Haha

We need to get these last few November babies out!!

8. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@lilteacherbee: I'm officially past both of my due dates - the 21st and 23rd. and I agree! I'm really hoping this turns into something and doesn't fizzle out. Oh, and my dh went back to sleep - being up alone is what I'm used to. Lol! Hb and full house ftw!

9. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: how's it going? Still awake?

10. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: still the same pretty much. I pushed through and went to sleep... Now I'm up for church. I think it fizzled. Boooooo!

11. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: Now I know how you were feeling the other night! I'm getting antsy for your baby to arrive!! No offense, but I hope you have to leave church in a rush Come on baby!

12. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: Yeah! Send some birthday vibes my way! You're sweet!

13. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Ash: my baby tooth is doing well. Trying to plump homback up to his birth weight by Tuesday, so we are up close and personal every three hours.

One good thing I think, about being past your eye date, is that your milk should come in sooner. It took me 5 days for my milk to come in. Maybe even 7 days when I really think back. It made for a challenging start to BF.

Hugs! Sending birth day vibes to baby Ash

14. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@FarmWifeGina: How was the movie? I can't believe you were out hunting! Come on out baby cricket! You still don't know the sex of the baby, right?

15. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@sweetooth: Really? I've never heard that about your milk coming in sooner! I'm interested to see how this plays out for me!

@Ash: HOLLA! I'm up and getting ready for church too. Lol, NOT that I'm really overdue or anything yet, but I was telling DH last night that it sorta feels like there's this alien inside me, instead of a baby, and it's just gonna stay in there forever, baha. I feel so much the same as I've felt the last month or so, the thought of labor actually starting is somewhat surreal and unbelievable.

16. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@sweetooth: Movie was fun! No, don't know the gender!!!! So, yeah, WHENEVER is fine with me, babycakes!

17. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

Hi everyone - too exhausted to read back right now but wanted to say baby M was born on the 21st via unplanned c section after 60 hours of labour. I'll post the whole story eventually but she turned out to be face up and got very very stuck, so I couldn't get past 7-8 cm even with pitocin. Doc said she was even stuck hard when he tried getting her out in the OR!

Recovery has been super tough and I am so tired but happy she's finally here after going 11 days overdue! Hope everyone is well.

18. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MrsDragon: Oh she's beautiful!!! I LOVE her name My baby ended up being really stuck too. Hope your recovery gets better- The hardest days for me were days 2 and 3 post c-section, so maybe it's about to get easier for you too, though I know planned vs unplanned is a bit different. I'll be thinking of you!

19. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@FarmWifeGina: I don't know if it's fact, about the milk coming in sooner, but all of the lactation consultants were asking me if my milk had come in and I said no. Just colostrum. And the one consultant I saw on my last day said I may need to express some milk in a shot glass and then have my son "lap it up like a kitten" if he couldn't latch. Luckliy, we had no problem with the latch once my milk came in.

I'm so excited to learn if you're having a boy of a girl! Or an alien!

20. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@MrsDragon: I LOVE, love, LOVE her name. Congratulations! And take good care of yourself. I found that to be the hardest thing to remember. I was so focused on nourishing and caring for this new little human being, that I only thought of myself when I went to the bathroom. You're still here - and you survived and she is here! YAY!

21. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@MrsDragon: Oh my gosh, what a beautiful baby and lovely name! You are a rock star, momma, that sounds INTENSE! Yes, take care of yourself!

22. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@MrsDragon: Congrats!! My baby was face up too...they ire don't want to make it easy on us! Take care mama and I hope your feeling better soon.

23. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@sweetooth: wow that's quite a while but now that it's in I'm sure baby tooth is all over filling his belly and growing big. Thanks for the birthday vibes!Today is the most uncomfortable I've felt this whole pregnancy. Maybe it's a sign?

@FarmWifeGina: oh lady, I for sure thought I'd be heading into town to have a baby with how I felt last night but no dice! Glad you enjoyed the movie. I'm so shocked cricket let you make it through! Stubborn stubborn babies!

@MrsDragon: Oh my goodness! Congratulations! Gorgeous name for a gorgeous girl! sorry to hear about the long labor and c section but glad you're both doing great! So happy for you!

24. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: Meh, I'm not really too surprised. 40 weeks is just an average, 50% or women will go before and 50% will go after and I'm pretty sure we're nowhere near 50% of us going post dates on this board yet, so I might as well be one of them. Pretty sure I won't be in church next Sunday though. I definitely hope not. Our pastor's wife was telling me that she always went between 5 and 11 days past her EDD with their 7 kids and I can see myself being similar.

25. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: I'm hoping they let me go longer than I think they will. I really honestly don't think I'll be 40 weeks until Wednesday. But I have the 21st/23rd in my head because of them and that's what makes me antsy.
    I think a good chunk of us actually did go past their edd except for a couple. And there were a few scheduled c sections. Nbd. Just waiting to meet this little baby!

26. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: You're probably right, I can't keep everyone straight. I just know on another FB group I'm in for November moms that I'm the most pregnant person there, out of a couple of hundred women. And I'm only 40+4, which barely even counts as being post dates.

27. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: Holy smokes! I think that in itself would make me antsy! Everyone is coming out of the wood work asking why baby isn't here yet... It's kind of driving me nutso lol!

28. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: I may or may not have told someone very crisply at church this morning that, no, I'm not technically "overdue" until 42 weeks, lol.

29. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: Yeah, I don't get it. I can't remember ever asking people the questions I've been asked but I guess that's me. I'm kind of private, I guess. Except on hb.

30. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: Thank goodness people in my neck of the woods have the decorum NOT to ask what my cervix is doing. Well, first of all, I have no clue, but how is that anybody's business anyways? <-----blows my mind that random people actually ask this of pregnant women.

31. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: I get asked that all the time! I've never asked anybody that EVER! I can kind of understand my nurse friends asking but everyone else... um, no. People think pregnant women are a free for all!

32. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: If anyone ever asks me this, I fully intend to answer with a straight face that I'm 8 cm., 100% effaced, with a bulging bag of waters. HA!

33. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: Love it! Lololol! I'd just say you're in active labor too while you're at it

34. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: Oh, right. In fact, I feel the need to squat down right now.

35. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

Well, I've come to conclusion that sex causes contractions... Now if only they would stick around longer than they did last night!

Eta: 4hrs later and I'm thinking I'm crazy for wanting a natural birth!

36. ChitownRo

clementine / 948 posts

@Ash: does that mean the contractions are sticking around? If so, good luck!!

37. ChitownRo

clementine / 948 posts

@MrsDragon: she is adorable and I love her name. Sorry to hear you had such a long labor. I hope you have good help for the recovery time period

38. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

What's going on, @Ash:???? Breathe, release, let go, let it happen!

39. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@ChitownRo: @FarmWifeGina: headed to the hospital! Will post more later!

40. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: YAY! Lucky duck! You got this, momma!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee