Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 moms!

1. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@delight: I am so so sorry to hear this news. I'm thinking about you and hope you find some peace in this soon xoxo

2. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: oh my goodness, I will pray for a miracle for you. I'm so sorry it was a terrible scan two weeks is so long, I'm sorry you have to wait

3. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@delight I'm sorry about the news. I'm thinking of you and I'm sending you my warmest regards and prayers for better news in 2 weeks. Strength to you.

4. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@delight: oh mama, I am so so sorry. I'm praying peace for you and a miracle for you and your family!

5. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Thanks ladies. I just don't see how things can turn around at this point. Good luck to all of you though.

6. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@teacherbee: @Plainpistachio: congratulations on your and welcome!

7. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@delight: Oh, I am so sorry.

8. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@teacherbee: @Plainpistachio: Congrats to you both and welcome! Hope you're feeling well so far!

9. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

Thanks @dragonsword and @lattelove. I feel good so far. Just played softball tonight without issue. I keep testing every morning and night because I really don't feel a whole lot different and I keep thinking its a fluke. I didn't think I'd get a positive at 9dpo. First time preggers though so everything's a surprise.

10. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Plainpistachio: I couldn't believe I got a at 9 dpo either! Totally surprised!
    I hope everyone is having a good weekend. We are going to drive to try to take pictures with bluebonnets today, hope DD cooperates!

11. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

Is anyone else having lower back pain? I don't remember this with my first pregnancy, (but I also didn't write anything down! ) I have also been feeling pressure or almost a knot in my uterus, not like cramps but a strange feeling!

12. Mrs. Marshmallow

blogger / apricot / 389 posts

@delight: Oh goodness, I'm so sorry!! I'll be thinking of you

13. Mrs. Marshmallow

@dragonsword: @Plainpistachio: Congratulations ladies! Some other first time mom's in the group now!!

14. Mrs. Marshmallow

My first ultrasound is on Wednesday, I'm so nervous... I don't deal with having to pee very well, and I just want to see a little heartbeat. I don't know what to expect because it's outsourced, and my midwife said they might not show/tell us much and just send it to our midwives, which will be another 3 days! I'm just so hoping everything is a-ok and that the tech shows us our little bean!

15. Mrs. Sunshine

@LatteLove: I'm feeling occasional vaginal pressure already. Idk. Bodies are sometimes weird lol (i didnt write anything down the first 2 times either, so I'm surprised every time lol)

16. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@LatteLove: I'm not, but I think it's normal. @narwhal: good luck with your ultrasound, Wednesday is so soon!

Well, this is my third pregnancy, and I think I'm finally running out of luck and having some morning/all day sickness. Still no vomiting, but I've just felt like crap all day for about a week. I'm very stressed about my job, so that might have something to do with it.

17. teacherbee

cherry / 106 posts

I just had my first doctor's appointment. Just checked vitals and referred me for blood work. He put my EDD at November 15th. I still think it's more like Nov. 29th or 30th though based on ovulation. Will that change when they do the 20 week ultrasound do you think?

Also, he said that right now it's just a fertilized egg and not yet implanted but that's totally inaccurate, right? I was under the impression that you wouldn't get a positive pregnancy test unless implantation had taken place because otherwise how would it detect the HCG? He's our family doctor and this is my first pregnancy but I really didn't think that was true...

18. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@teacherbee: ummmm..... I think you need to go to a different doctor. The embryo has definitely implanted, you wouldn't be getting a positive test otherwise. Also, they may or not change your due date at a 20 week scan, dating scans are generally done around 8-10 weeks.

19. Mrs. Sunshine

@teacherbee: I agree with what @LAZB: said. That doctor doesn't really seem like he knows pregnancy very well....and you should definitely be getting a scan prior to 20 weeks.

20. teacherbee

cherry / 106 posts

@LAZB: @Mrs. Sunshine: Thank you, that's what I thought too! I don't have the option to switch to a different family practitioner because we live in a rural area in a province with a doctor shortage. However, I can ask him to refer me to an OB/GYN earlier rather than later. It's pretty standard to only have one ultrasound around 20 weeks where I live in Canada. Both my SIL's and DH's cousin all had only one as well. I think the exception is if it is a high-risk pregnancy and if it was a surprise pregnancy and you had irregular cycles.

21. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@teacherbee They're going to do the same to me. As we discussed before, we had nearly identical charts! I think my EDD is Nov. 29, but they're going to tell me that it's Nov. 10 based on my LMP. I'm extremely fortunate that my sister is a doctor and a mother of 3. I'll be able to talk to her 24/7 about anything and everything. She's super excited to be an aunt. But, she told me that the reason doctors always go by your LMP is because conception defines the due date, but the embryo can bounce around the uterus for 5 days before it latches on. But you're right, you wouldn't get a positive test until implantation. Sis said that I'd be able to get a more accurate dating scan probably at my first appointment, which isn't until April 13. It's just funny that they think I'm coming into that apt at 10 weeks and I'll think it's 7.

@Narwhal Thanks! I'm so excited/ having all the terrified new mom thoughts! Good luck to you this week.

@lattelove I'm having lower back pain too! I thought maybe it was a workout, but I haven't worked out the last few days so it's gotta be that.

My boobs are crazy sore. Surprisingly so. I'm also peeing more (because I'm drinking more water), waking up a lot, and I'm feeling the tiniest twinge/knot/cramp feeling every now and again. I swear that my appetite is bigger too. I think it's too soon for that, but seriously I notice that I feel more hungry.

@lazb... multiples? lol

22. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@narwhal: hope the ultrasound goes well and the tech can at least confirm all looks good from their perspective!

@teacherbee: that's so strange! I would say the embryo has definitely implanted. You will hopefully get confirmation at your first u/s!
    @LAZB: sorry you are feeling sick! I'm in that weird place of not wanting to be sick, but also feeling like I would worry less if I was feeling nauseated!

23. Mrs. Marshmallow

@teacherbee: I would ask for a dating scan - they should be able to offer you that! My EDD would be much earlier based on my last period, but I know my cycles, and when I ovulated. I swear they have NO idea at any doctors about accurate due dates because last period is SO drilled into their heads... when I explained it to my midwife, she was just like, "Are you open to a dating scan?"

@LatteLove: and thanks! I really hope so too!

24. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Plainpistachio: gosh, I hope not! lol I really doubt it, my betas were very in the singleton range
    @LatteLove: I hear you on that, with my first, I was like that, but since I had a healthy pregnancy and no sickness, I was happy to be the same way for my second. I just assumed that's how it would be this go round, but maybe not. I was a little nauseous around this time with my daughter, but it only lasted a week or two, and not this bad, so maybe this will be fairly quick again.
    @narwhal: I'm hoping my doc changes my due date, and it's only a few days. I doubt it though, because she hasn't the last two times. The only reason I care is that I deliver early (35 and 36 weeks), so if this is another early one, I want them to count each day accordingly.

25. Mrs. Sunshine

@narwhal: so exciting that you're first scan is so soon! I'm going to a different doctor this pregnancy so I have no idea if I'll be getting an ultrasound my first appointment or not. (Mine is next Monday)

26. Mrs. Sunshine

@LAZB: sorry you're feeling bad! How did your pictures go? I'm not feeling great either but thankfully all my food has stayed down so far so I'm not complaining too much!

27. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

I thought I would be on this board but it's looking like it won't pan out. I got blood work today and should get the results tomorrow, but I requested an ultrasound and she didn't see anything. And I started bleeding at the office. So I think it's back to the drawing board for us.

28. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: We ended up not taking them, I think it was a little too early for the good patches of bluebonnets. We might try again this weekend, not sure if we'll have time though with Easter. Do y'all do bluebonnet pics?
    @ElbieKay: I'm really sorry Maybe it was just too early to see anything and the bleeding was just from the ultrasound? I hope things turn around for you.

29. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@LAZB: Thanks. I discovered the bleeding when I used the bathroom before my appointment, so I think it was just coincidental.

30. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@narwhal: thanks. Best wishes at your scan this week.

@ElbieKay: sorry about your appointment your scan was TV right?

Sorry I totally just ditched the group. I was super distraught on Friday. I'll still follow along for a couple of weeks until my next scan on the 31st. Maybe I will finally get my miracle. I feel I need to cling to some hope or the next 10 days are really going to drag. Maybe someone else can update the list until I know what's going on if we get some new members in the next little bit.

Hope you ladies are doing well.

31. Mrs. Sunshine

@ElbieKay: so sorry! Big hugs!!

@delight: you do whatever it is you need and we will support you! You're still in my thoughts and prayers!

32. Mrs. Sunshine

@LAZB: not with our LOs. I did the year I was pregnant with DD1 with my mom as her mother's day gift. We're actually about an hour north of Houston so we just pull over on the side of the highway and there's usually a ton of bluebonnets!

33. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: I don't blame you, it is a really stressful time. I'm still holding out hope for you though!

I'll try to stay on top of updating the list for now if we have any new members join

34. evelyn_jane

apple seed / 1 posts

EDD: November 9, 2016

How far along: Almost 7 weeks

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: I saw my doctor last week

Any symptoms so far? Complete exhaustion

Who have you told? Close family

35. janeybee

pea / 22 posts

EDD: Early November 2016

How far along: About 7 weeks

First child? Yes

First doctor appointment: Saw my GP last week, but am looking forward to our first scan.

Any symptoms so far? Exhaustion

Who have you told? Close family

36. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

I will join!

EDD: November 23, 2016

How far along: 4w6d

First child? #2 (DD will be 2 in a few weeks)

First doctor appointment: TBD

Any symptoms so far? Just a little fatigue (while standing too long) and some mood swings plus some cramping. I know it can get worse so enjoying it right now

Who have you told? DH and a couple friends

37. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@evelyn_jane: @janeybee: @kes18: Congratulations and welcome!
    Are @janeybee: and @evelyn_jane: the same person? Otherwise, you have crazy similarities!

38. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

November 2016 Mamas!

Caterw - 11/1 {#2}
    Narwhal - 11/2 {#1}
    Mrs. Sunshine - 11/5 {#3}
    evelyn_jane - 11/9 {#1}
    LazB - 11/13 {#3}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    Lattelove - 11/20 {#2}
    kes18 - 111/23 {#2}
    Plainpistachio- 11/29 {#1}
    Teacherbee - 11/30 {#1}

39. rara0614

pea / 11 posts

This is my first post after stalking HB for the last month!

EDD: November 2, 2016

How far along: 7w6d

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: I met with my OB last week after what I thought was a miscarriage, but the ultrasound showed my little peanut!.

Any symptoms so far? Sore boobs and I could sleep for days

Who have you told? Parents

40. Mrs. Marshmallow

@evelyn_jane: @janeybee: congrats ladies!!
    @rara0614: my due date will hopefully be confirmed tomorrow, but we have the same one for now!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee