Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 moms!

1. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@lattelove: good luck today!!!
    (the above message was made possible by @delight: good luck to you too / how was your appointment?)

2. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@delight @mrs.sunshine @lattelove thinking of you all with your upcoming appointments.

I don't know about you ladies, but each Tuesday (the start of my new pregancy week) is like a miniature celebration! Tuesdays I'm like wooooohooo! I'm 6 weeks today (per my O date, not LMP) and I have no new symptoms. It's funny, I don't want morning sickness, but it is odd because my books and apps are all geared toward nausea this week and I'm like hmmm. I talked to my sister and she said she never got it until 8 weeks. Then at 12 weeks we're going on a vacation that we booked before we knew. Hopefully I'm not miserable!

My first appointment is 4/13 and I think about it every day. I can't wait to get that u/s and see what's going on in there!

3. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@LatteLove: good luck at your appt today!

@Plainpistachio: Nausea for me didn't hit until week 7 (like exactly week 7 on the dot) and I only feel it AFTER i eat.. which makes me not want to eat, but having an empty stomach makes me sick too... ugh.. first trimester is the looooooooooongest and hardest.

4. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@Plainpistachio: I didn't get MS with my first until 8w along. And then I had it every day until 17 weeks! this time it started picking up at 6w and I have felt nauseated every day but not thrown up yet. I am just 7weeks tomorrow!
    @dragonsword: ugh that is what is happening to me too! I get really hungry and slightly nauseated. And then I eat and feel even worse! Eventually it subsides and I feel pretty good...until the next time I get hungry ...

5. littlebear16

cherry / 116 posts

@kes18: You had it until 17 weeks?! Yikes. Last time I had it until around 9 weeks and at the point I was already down to 97 pounds because I was too nausea to eat. I never actually threw up, though. This time I am starting out 15 pounds heavier than last pregnancy.. I guess I'll look at that as a positive!

6. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

I had HG with previous two pregnancies. I lost 30 pounds while I was pregnant with my first before I gained anything back. With my second I lost around 20 pounds before I gained anything back. I was sick the whole time with both boys. This pregnancy has me nauseous but not as bad as before. Hoping that I can be spared this time.

I am due November 2 but I have been posting in October group because I will likely deliver in mid October.

7. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@dragonsword interesting it happens after you eat. I do have a food aversion to anything char-grilled. Ew typing it grossed me out. I bet if I ate it, I'd get nauseated.

@kes18 yeah that's what my sister said 8 weeks. She said that the last time she puked during her first pg was week 23! She was in med school at the time and all her classmates were like holy crap that's late to be sick! It was a girl, which I've heard can last longer. She said her boys only made her sick week 8-10 so maybe I'll get that.

@littlebear16 so petite! Little bear indeed.

8. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

I feel strange responding to these topics of conversations right now so I'll just talk about my first 2 pregnancies. With DD1 I was very nauseated all the time until maybe 14 weeks? Lots of gas. Felt gross. Lots of gagging but no throwing up until my 3rd tri. Then super thick oatmeal and/or red grapes made me vomit so I skipped those and was fine. With DD2 I was sick a lot in the first tri, my oldest has seen me throw up in the sink too many times to count but again it didn't extend past the first tri much. So far this time I feel the sick if I'm hungry worse when I eat type thing many of you've described. I honestly feel like sickness is an indicator of nothing and it's different everytime.

9. Mrs. Sunshine

I also had 2 stomach bugs last pregnancy. One at 10 weeks that sent me to the ER and one at 35 weeks that made me pee my pants every time I got sick. It was a good time haha

10. littlebear16

cherry / 116 posts

@Plainpistachio: Haha, yeah I'm only 5' 1". That's why everyone was shocked when my daughter was 8 lbs 11 oz at birth! My belly was huge.

@MrsRcCar: Thats why I try not to complain about it. I don't have it nearly as bad others! I hope you're spared this time!

11. Mrs. Marshmallow

blogger / apricot / 389 posts

@Plainpistachio: Hah yes! Thursday's are my favourite day right now... 10 weeks on Thursday! 1/4 way there, and double digits!

12. Goldengirl

kiwi / 566 posts

I have been feeling nauseous too, it comes in waves and is usually mixed with a feeling of heartburn too where it's kind of like burpy/acid feeling. Ew. Haven't thrown up yet but have come close. And same thing with the eating! I get so hungry and excited to eat and then my appetite kind of goes away after a few bites, or I feel REALLY full and sick when I'm done. This sucks because I love eating but I know it could be a million times worse. I am also still finding the fatigue one of the most difficult parts, and it doesn't help that I'm not sleeping well at night. Not sure if that's from the actual pregnancy, or just the anxiety thinking about everything.

My second ultrasound is on Thurs and after the LONGEST two weeks I am so glad it's almost here... yet also terrified. Really praying for good news!

13. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Plainpistachio: I totally celebrate the new week each Thursday. I love it!
    @kes18: my MS lasted a long time before too. I started feeling better around 16 weeks. I remember that it came back around 20w.
    @MrsRcCar: nice to see you stopping in! Best wishes for a wonderful pregnancy.
    @narwhal: happy almost 10 weeks
    @lattelove: hope your appointment went well!

Nothing exciting at my doc appointment. Had a physical and got my requisitions for the pregnancy bloodwork panel. I didn't want to try the Doppler. Thought it would make me too worried. Two more weeks until my NT scan and I'll do the NIPT blood test this week. Crazy to think we will know gender in about 10 days.

I'm sorry to hear there are lots of others here not feeling well but misery does love company

14. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

Ultrasound and appointment went well! It was really fast because my ob was late coming from an emergency c-section. Good heartbeat (he didn't tell me the speed), and a picture of the little bean! Measurement put me at 7w1d which is a day behind my guess, so pretty close! (I think you can bump my date to 11/21)

15. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LatteLove: wonderful news! Glad you had a great scan. I'll update the list tonight.
    @Mrs. Sunshine: so much love headed your way.
    @lazB:hope all goes great at your appointment!

16. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Sorry I've been MIA everyone! I haven't been at my office much, which means less computer time and less hellobee haha.
    I'm so nervous/excited for my appointment this afternoon! It's not until 1:30, and my doc is ALWAYS running late, so I probably won't be seen until 2:30 or 3:00. I should know better than to make appointments in the afternoon, I hate feeling nervous all day!
    @MrsRcCar: welcome over here too I thought about popping in to that group just to intro because even though I'm due in the middle of November, I have babies a month early, so I expect to be the same way this time.
    @Mrs. Sunshine: hope you see a perfect and healthy little babe today!
    @LatteLove: awesome! I hope to have an awesome appointment just like that (except 8 weeks)!

17. littlebear16

cherry / 116 posts

I had a difficult time making Emma's breakfast today. All I did was put a waffle in the toaster, but I started gagging. Running my wrists under cold water helped a ton!
    @LAZB: Good luck today! That's crazy that your appointments are usually an hour late. They should call to let you know!
    @delight: I understand not wanting to try the doppler. Last pregnancy my doctor tried it at 8 weeks at my first appointment. Well, we couldnt hear it so I got really scared. He scheduled a scan later that week to calm my nerves.
    @Mrs. Sunshine: Good luck at your scan! I know everyone is rooting for and thinking of you today!

18. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@littlebear16: thanks! It is crazy that she's always late, but she delivers almost all of her patient's babies, even when she's not on call, and answers a million questions and never makes you feel rushed. I love her, so I'm willing to wait, but it is still annoying!

19. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: @LAZB: good luck in your appointments today. I will be thinking about you guys
    @LatteLove: so glad you had a great scan!
    @delight: Can't believe you're going to find out the baby's sex soon!
    Hearing about all the tests and scans make me excited and help the first trimester go by.
    I'm drinking honey ginger tea today to ease my stomach it's helping a lot.

20. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@littlebear16: I'm going to try the cold water trick. Today I was hunched over the toilet and my daughter came in and said "mama! Why are you pooing out of your mouth?" Oh man so gross but made me laugh!

21. littlebear16

cherry / 116 posts

@LAZB: That's definitely worth it. Also probably why she's always late.
    @delight: That's hilarious! My daughter doesn't notice that I don't feel well. It'd be nice to be able to explain it to her, but at least she enjoys all the movies we're watching.

22. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@delight LOL! Priceless
    @lattelove beautiful bean!
    @mrs.sunshine thinking about you today!
    @lazb good luck today!
    @littlebear18 my name is Emma too! You picked a good name

Last night we had pizza and I was RAVENOUS. I ate 4 pieces (unpregnant I'd have 2). I can't believe how hungry I was and then of course I was so full and bloated afterwards. I also had a salad, you know... nutrients. I feel like it's too soon to be so hungry!

23. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Plainpistachio: you're so good for eating a salad. I can't eve look at salad! Pizza sounds delicious though. I may have just had a double cheeseburger from McD's. And now feel super gross.
    @littlebear16: I definitely haven't told DD why I feel sick but she knows that my tummy hurts. We've been spending a lot of time on the couch too. There have been many Peppa Pig marathons.
    @dragonsword: it seems surreal to be able to know the gender so soon. We will probably ask our genetic counsellor to put it In an envelope though and maybe open it with family at a special occasion like Mother's Day. I am not sure if DH is totally set on knowing the gender yet!

24. littlebear16

cherry / 116 posts

@Plainpistachio: Thank you! Great name! Her full name is Emaline, but we usually just use that when she's naughty or ignoring us.

25. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@mrs. sunshine: @lazb: Wednesday is here!!! Good luck and so much love , whatever's in store you've got this.
    @lattelove: congratulations!!! It's so great to see your beautiful ultrasound. I read some of your blog (hopefully that's not creepy) and you make extremely cute babies! (And very good taste in maternity clothes )

26. Mrs. Sunshine

@CedarMagnolia: bad news. No baby. I'm scheduled for a d&c tomorrow. I guess remove me from the list.

27. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

My other half has been very emotional and down lately, she's so tired, achy and feels guilty for only being able to manage carby, not-that-healthy food. It's also super hard for her to be unwell in her work and take time off without people knowing the reason why.

If / when you have felt this way, is there anything your partner says that makes you feel better? I wish I could help more!

28. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@mrs.sunshine: Oh god, I just saw your message. I am SO sorry. Sending you love

29. Mrs. Sunshine

I hate to leave. I immensely appreciate the love and support I've received here. I wish the happiest of 9 months and beyond to all of you.

30. Goldengirl

kiwi / 566 posts

@CedarMagnolia: the work thing has been so hard for me too, I can't concentrate or get anything done and just keep waiting for the day to be over! You are an amazing partner to want to help and be so involved. I think my husband is pretty clueless for the most part about what I'm dealing with

31. Goldengirl

kiwi / 566 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine:

32. Maysprout

grapefruit / 4800 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: so sorry

33. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: I was really hoping for better news from
    You. I am so sorry, my heart breaks for you. Wall me if you need to talk or vent, I've been down this road a few times. Take care of yourself and hug those LOs so close!

I'll update the list tonight.

34. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: oh, I am so very sorry to hear this. all the best wishes for phsyical and emotional recovery.

35. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: I'm really so sorry

36. littlebear16

cherry / 116 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: I hope the procedure goes well tomorrow.

37. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@mrs. sunshine peace and love to you.

38. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

My appointment went really well! Baby is measuring right in with my lmp, even though I know I ovulated a few days late, so that's cool. I'll keep my dd at November 13.

39. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

November 2016 Mamas!

Caterw - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614- 11/2{#1}
    Narwhal - 11/3 {#1}
    Delight - 11/3 {#2}
    Deserttransplant- 11/5 {#1}
    PinkElephant - 11/7 {#3}
    Evelyn_Jane - 11/9 {#1}
    LazB - 11/13 {#3}
    Teacherbee - 11/14 {#1}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    Cedarmagnolia - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Norcalwayfarer - 11/27 {#2}
    Plainpistachio- 11/29 {#1}
    Littlebear16 - 11/30 {#2}

40. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: wonderful news! So glad everything looks great!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee